Confirmed with Link: Jeff Carter Traded to Pittsburgh / Jeff Carter Appreciation Thread

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I have read that if the pens make it to the final and jeff plays 50% of the games the 3rd in 22 becomes a 2nd No word on the 4th

You are correct...

Per CapFriendly: *Conditions: The 2022 3rd round pick can upgrade to a 2nd round pick if the Penguins reach the 2020-21 Stanley Cup Final and Carter plays in at least 50% of the games.

Reactions: KingTech

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
You are correct...

Per CapFriendly: *Conditions: The 2022 3rd round pick can upgrade to a 2nd round pick if the Penguins reach the 2020-21 Stanley Cup Final and Carter plays in at least 50% of the games.
Anything on the 4th pick?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I'm happy for Jeff Carter, happy for the Kings, and happy for the Penguins. Really hoping the Penguins go deep this year for the star power, for the pick, for Jeff Carter, and a little for the karma for the Flyers organization.

Jeff Carter was a joy to watch during the 2012-14 years. He didn't have the fastest first step, but boy when he hopped up and took three strides, it's like watching a bird of prey the way he gracefully moves. Just a hockey player who was preternaturally talented. Like a Jerry Rice on skates. It doesn't even look like he's trying hard when he's at full flight.

It's also worth mentioning his size. 6'3", 215-220 lbs., combined with the speed, has to be intimidating when he has the puck on his stick.

I'm also going to miss his shot, although it has decreased in effectiveness over the past three years. He looks like he's just flinging the puck at the net, but it was strangely accurate.

Enjoy the surfing in Pittsburgh, Jeff. I hope you lift that Cup one more time.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
For him, how great is it for the outpouring of love from Kings fans, which doesn't always happen in a trade. He gave everything he had for the Kings. The first memory I had was at the start of the shortened season, 2013, how hot he was, scoring like crazy, leading the team.
The leg injury did affect him, however, I think he will be re-energized.

For the Pens, they get a skilled center who should be tested at 2C for the oft injured Malkin. And as Hexy knows, he's generaly very good in the playoffs . He's a smart 2 way player, good PK'er, etc. And he's got great playoff p ressure (OT, Game 7's etc) player. Every team needs thta kind of vet experience for a playoff run

I hope he shines...

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Sad day. :( Thanks Jeff for everything; I'm sure he'll do great in Pittsburgh.

mike-richards-of-the-los-angeles-kings-hands-the-stanley-cup-off-to-picture-id146233168

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Anyone else blind sided by this.
I was in shock last night. Literally saw my phone and then went and cracked a beer and started thinking about what Carter meant to the Kings. Was one of the guys I was hoping would retire a king. I didn't get to really watch Saturday's game (may go back and watch) and would have paid closer attention had I thought it was his last one.
I have come to terms with the deal though as it sounds like Carter was consulted by Blake before being dealt, so this is something he wanted. It will be weird watching and cheering for the Pens a bit, but I was a Mario fan back in the day.
Hope it works out for him and his family.

sure make it look like the Leafs overpaid for Foligno.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I'm happy for Jeff Carter, happy for the Kings, and happy for the Penguins. Really hoping the Penguins go deep this year for the star power, for the pick, for Jeff Carter, and a little for the karma for the Flyers organization.

Jeff Carter was a joy to watch during the 2012-14 years. He didn't have the fastest first step, but boy when he hopped up and took three strides, it's like watching a bird of prey the way he gracefully moves. Just a hockey player who was preternaturally talented. Like a Jerry Rice on skates. It doesn't even look like he's trying hard when he's at full flight.

It's also worth mentioning his size. 6'3", 215-220 lbs., combined with the speed, has to be intimidating when he has the puck on his stick.

I'm also going to miss his shot, although it has decreased in effectiveness over the past three years. He looks like he's just flinging the puck at the net, but it was strangely accurate.

Enjoy the surfing in Pittsburgh, Jeff. I hope you lift that Cup one more time.
That picture of him standing next to Crosby at the Olympics was shocking to me how small Crosby is. He was barely at Carter's ears.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So the Kings get 2 picks any which way. That's pretty solid.

In terms of value, the further a pick is from the current year, the less value it has. You'd rather get a 1st in 2021 than a 1st in 2023.

The picks will be assets, just not soon. If they traded the 4th in 2023 at the draft this year, they wouldn't get a good player for it. If it's a 4th in 2023, and they keep it, that player, most likely, wouldn't make the team until like 2027 or something.

Two picks are two picks for a 36/37 year old. Value, but not really value. Makes sense.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I'm a fan of Carter. Guy was so fun to watch (except the last couple seasons when his body was broke). He showed a gracefulness that none of his other teammates had. His shot was in the upper tier of players during his time. He helped bring 2 Cups to LA when the idea of 1 cup wasn't even a thought after the 99 era.
He was always one of the better vets to chat up the rookies. Seemed like an amazing teammate.
Good luck Carts!! Go win another one.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So the Kings get 2 picks any which way. That's pretty solid.

In terms of value, the further a pick is from the current year, the less value it has. You'd rather get a 1st in 2021 than a 1st in 2023.

The picks will be assets, just not soon. If they traded the 4th in 2023 at the draft this year, they wouldn't get a good player for it. If it's a 4th in 2023, and they keep it, that player, most likely, wouldn't make the team until like 2027 or something.

Two picks are two picks for a 36/37 year old. Value, but not really value. Makes sense.

disagree as it depends on draft year. 2023 is Bedard's draft year, the more lotto tickets for that year the better IMO.

as far as 3rd and 4th rounders you are correct. Those pics are long shots to make it anyway, and i think are just as likely to be used as currency down the road for Blake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad