Confirmed with Link: Jay Bouwmeester traded to Blues

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Is this trade as bad as we first thought? Poirier, 2nd, Cundari. I got less then expected from Cundari but more from 1st and Berra. And JayBo has been better

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Giving the assets we've acquired from Burke, I think we could've gotten more. Its "ok", could've been better.
if Bouwmeester is half as bad as you make him out to be we made out like bandits

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't think he is bad. He just has a curse and no intensity lol.

He's still a good 2nd pairing guy.
Even then, a 1st and 2 prospects for a 2nd pairing defenseman is extremely good for the selling team.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
I think Bouwmeester is a top pair defenseman and one of the most underrated defensemen in the league. He's a work horse. Plays any role. Uses his size well. Great on PP and PK. Blocks shots, takes wristers from the point for tips and rebounds. Thinks the game very well. Great passer.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
In hindsight alright, then terrible. Most likely still terrible today. Poirer is the only good piece from this. We will have to see what the 2nd becomes in 3-5 years to determine if we did alright.
Just look at the Vanek deal. This is why you can't just listen to the talking heads when determining value. If the market is slim the returns won't be as good. I have little doubt Feaster could have gotten much if any better.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Just look at the Vanek deal. This is why you can't just listen to the talking heads when determining value. If the market is slim the returns won't be as good. I have little doubt Feaster could have gotten much if any better.

It is still terrible. In fact Feaster could have gotten better but he wanted the first, and the rumored two prospects and 2nd sounds a lot better. We could have selected Poirer with that 2nd possibly. It definitely was not Nyquist and Tatar it probably had one of them in it. But the one I heard was Jurco and Sheahan, which is still pretty good.

Its over and done with. The 2nd will be determined in the future. I will give Feaster the benefit of the doubt though, he restocked the cupboards. His downfall was his lack of negotiating skills.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Didn't Detroit offer Tatar, Gustav and a pick?
The rumors have changed. First it was 1 of Tatar/Nyqvist and a 2nd. Now it's Tatar & Nyqvist and no pick.

The 1st was a very important part of the deal and considering the depth in that draft I think Feaster made the right decision.

Sure it looks worse now in hindsight, but no one thought Nyqvist would have done what he did at the time of the trade. Not even the Wings.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I didn't say it was a bad trade. I said it was ok. I just think Burke could've gotten us more like how he got a 2ne for Berra.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I didn't say it was a bad trade. I said it was ok. I just think Burke could've gotten us more like how he got a 2ne for Berra.

Theres a big difference between Berra and JBo, the biggest being that everyone knew we were trading JBo whereas we had no intention of moving Berra, which meant his trade value was far higher than it should have been, while JBo's was lower then say if the other teams were asking us about him instead of the other way around. We were selling him, meaning that we could only get as high as people were willing to offer, and I don't believe for a second that the offer was Tatar, Nyquist and a pick, not for one second.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
The rumors have changed. First it was 1 of Tatar/Nyqvist and a 2nd. Now it's Tatar & Nyqvist and no pick.

The 1st was a very important part of the deal and considering the depth in that draft I think Feaster made the right decision.

Sure it looks worse now in hindsight, but no one thought Nyqvist would have done what he did at the time of the trade. Not even the Wings.

At the time it was something like Sprong + Other Prospect + 2nd. :laugh:

Who knows what was really offered.

fallsviewafro*

Anyone can say anything about a potential, unconfirmed return for a trade that happened a year ago.

Do you think it's a coincidence that a rumour just happened to come out in the midst of Nyqvist going beastmode that would make a since-fired GM look bad? Nobody would care about the supposed Nyqvist return if he wasn't beasting at the time; I doubt we would have even heard anything about it if that if he wasn't.

I think Bobby Mack is a great analyst, but given that it's been easy to make fun of Feaster since the ROR debacle, this is just picking the low-hanging fruit. Unconfirmed trade return rumour a year after the fact with 20/20 hindsight involving a now-fired GM and a suddenly-hot player? Yawn. Colour me (not) surprised.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Guys I heard Detroit offered Nyquist, Mantha, Mrazek, Juro, Sproul, a 1st and 2nd. I can't believe Feaster didn't take that offer. :sarcasm:

Also, they were gonna send us Babcock as well.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

Burke surely would of gotten more from Iginla and Bouwmeester. He refused to trade Cammalleri for example on principal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad