Confirmed with Link: Jay Bouwmeester traded to Blues

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
I won't miss Bouwmeester. A stretch of good games this season won't change my perception of his time in Calgary. I have to laugh when I see Blues' fans posting "Wow he's so fast and knows exactly where to be!" :laugh: I wonder how long it takes before they start getting frustrated with his casual play and lack of intensity.

Gary83*

I won't miss Bouwmeester. A stretch of good games this season won't change my perception of his time in Calgary. I have to laugh when I see Blues' fans posting "Wow he's so fast and knows exactly where to be!" :laugh: I wonder how long it takes before they start getting frustrated with his casual play and lack of intensity.[/QUOTE]

Is that the problem you have with Bouwmeester? Because you should be fed up with the entire Flames team if that's the case.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I won't miss Bouwmeester. A stretch of good games this season won't change my perception of his time in Calgary. I have to laugh when I see Blues' fans posting "Wow he's so fast and knows exactly where to be!" :laugh: I wonder how long it takes before they start getting frustrated with his casual play and lack of intensity.

:laugh: He is a great defenseman that was vastly misused and most understand that but apparently 1 doesn't.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
:laugh: He is a great defenseman that was vastly misused and most understand that but apparently 1 doesn't.

Most of who agree with your subjective opinion? A circle of HFBoards posters or maybe your friends? Lazy argument.

Is that the problem you have with Bouwmeester? Because you should be fed up with the entire Flames team if that's the case.

Well yes but he's kind of the poster boy for it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
FWIW, Bouwmeester has been great for us so far. He isn't overrated at all if his play continues. Hopefully you guys knock those picks out of the park and have a short rebuild.

fallsviewafro*

Now that he's not on the Flames, everyone will be talking about how great he is.

He was misused before this season and still is overpaid, but I'm banking on a thread on the main boards being made talking about how Jbo has turned it around and how he's such a great d-man.

Why2Jay

Feb 1, 2009
J-Bo is a good defenceman, he was misused unbelievably bad in his time in Calgary up until this year. Its bittersweet to see him go for me. The part about the trade that upsets me the most is the conditional draft pick. How on earth did Feaster or Murray or whomever accept a conditional pick after already being bent over on getting a top end prospect because of the high cap hit?? I can understand St.Louis refusing to give up a high end player for us refusing to pick up a bit of the tab but to then take a conditional pick as well is absolutely disgusting. At that point I woulda said one or the other

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
J-Bo is a good defenceman, he was misused unbelievably bad in his time in Calgary up until this year. Its bittersweet to see him go for me. The part about the trade that upsets me the most is the conditional draft pick. How on earth did Feaster or Murray or whomever accept a conditional pick after already being bent over on getting a top end prospect because of the high cap hit?? I can understand St.Louis refusing to give up a high end player for us refusing to pick up a bit of the tab but to then take a conditional pick as well is absolutely disgusting. At that point I woulda said one or the other

The Flames will get a first-round pick, either this year (if the Blues make the playoffs this season) or in 2014 (if the Blues don't quality for the post-season). Hence why the pick is conditional.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

I know I'm biased, but I wouldn't be concerned about it, we have games in hand and are playing a hell of a lot better.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
think your team has much of a chance against chicago in the playoffs?

Before last night, I would've said hell no, but our goalies are picking their play up and we have the defensive pairings to handle their top 2 lines now. If our top 6 and PP wakes up, then yeah I'd say we have a shot, but I'd be hesitant to pick us.

As long as we don't face Chicago or LA in the 1st round, I have us advancing. Bouwmeester and Leopold gives us a decent chance at beating Chicago or LA though.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Well. I hope that if somehow St. Louis misses the playoffs this year, that the Jay Bouw curse extends to next year and they win the lottery for us :P

I fully expect them to make it though. Too much talent not to.

Aug 3, 2010
Well. I hope that if somehow St. Louis misses the playoffs this year, that the Jay Bouw curse extends to next year and they win the lottery for us :P

For a second I thought you meant the Finals, and I was like, "Well, the Sharks are a counter-argument for that..."

Also, can't possibly cheer for St Louis once they make the playoffs... Calgary needs all the help they can get!! :laugh:

In addition, the worst thing would have been a St. Louis / Pittsburgh final... TWO late first round picks :sarcasm:

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows

I hope St. Louis misses the playoffs as well. I don't care about the Blues. I don't care about Bouwmeesters non playoff streak. I don't care about his ironlady streak. I don't care about him. Period.

I care about the Flames. If St Louis misses this year the Flames get a first and a fourth. If St Lious hits, Flames get a first.

Also, I am hoping for Penguins losses. Sorry Jarome, but Flames come first. I cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why2Jay

Feb 1, 2009
The Flames will get a first-round pick, either this year (if the Blues make the playoffs this season) or in 2014 (if the Blues don't quality for the post-season). Hence why the pick is conditional.

I fully understand the conditions of the St.Louis pick. My point was we already lost out on a better prospect for refusing to retain salary. You'd figure we could have at the very least got the Pick without conditions.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I supported Jay Bouw since Day 1. I hope he continues to do well with the Blues, but I'm also glad he's gone. With his departure, and Iggys, this team can finally move forward.

Gary83*

I would love to see JBO and St. Louis win the cup. The main board outrage would be loltastic.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Jbo was always a incredibly strong dman. Now that he actually has a first rate partner, might be the best pairing in the league... In fact, it probably is the best pairing in the league.

Seeing what he's doing for the blues makes the return for him seem ridiculously underwhelming. If they continue to roll, they essentially got a first pairing dman for a goalie they'd never, ever, use. A guy who was ridiculously down their defence depth chart and a pick that could possibly be very late. A healthy blues team, in my opinion, can be the class of the west.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Jbo was always a incredibly strong dman. Now that he actually has a first rate partner, might be the best pairing in the league... In fact, it probably is the best pairing in the league.

Seeing what he's doing for the blues makes the return for him seem ridiculously underwhelming. If they continue to roll, they essentially got a first pairing dman for a goalie they'd never, ever, use. A guy who was ridiculously down their defence depth chart and a pick that could possibly be very late. A healthy blues team, in my opinion, can be the class of the west.

I didn't like him that much when he played for Calgary, not to say I don't know what I've got til it's gone but this year he was more like the real Jay Bouwmeester, the Florida Panthers version who was a beast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad