Injury Report: Jason Zucker likely out for the season

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Pominville was injured by brown and zucker saw his drop in production no? if not then i stand corrected cause i can't remember exactly how it went right now.

Pominville only missed the last 2-3 games of the season... Zucker hadn't scored since sometime in March... the stretch was all in April.

No, Zucker did nothing for Pominville down the stretch.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
TSK - Parise is on a 34 goal pace right now, and he was on a 30 goal pace last season (just 1 goal below his total the year prior).

Ah, forgot his injury...

As for Havlat and Setoguchi... I guess both San Jose and Winnipeg dry up goal scorers than too? Come on guys...

Actually, yes Winnipeg isn't that great of a team and has had trouble producing as well. That's why they are looking at another top pick.

As for Havlat, hard to say because he can't stay healthy at all. But he also has a TON of players in front of him. Put him on Thornton's wing or Couture? I'd bet he hit 20-30 goals again (if he stayed healthy).

Havlat is NOT a goal scorer... we got him well after his career prime

No we didn't. He hit 77 points, his highest in his career. He had 29 goals, his second highest total of his career. And if 29 goals, 25 goals, 31 goals, 24 goals, 22 goals in a season doesn't make you a goal scorer? Then don't tell Pominville, Hossa, Wheeler, Steen, Okoposo. He wasn't known as a pure goal scorer but he was a goal scorer. He could and did score goals.

... Setoguchi managed 19 goals with the Wild his first year and had 13 in a shortened season which was a pace of... omg 22 goals! That's right where he was his last two years with San Jose!

He MAINTAINED what he was doing in San Jose with the Wild...

And yet we traded him the first moment we could because he was streaky and most people complained he wasn't scoring goals. He also averaged less points in Minnesota. We were expecting him to return and bounce back to the 25-30 goal scorer he was.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Lol well alright, i stand corrected. The kid was a rookie tho, and was given alot more of a shot than he ever was this year.

and again like you said, we probably don't agree but i value Zucker over Vanek and his contract/uncertain contribution's to this team + the little to no good return we would likely get for Zucker.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Again, it all comes down to what Vanek is expecting for a contract. Anything averaging over 7 million for 7 years, I'd tell him to go find another team.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
tbh i dont want anything to do with vanek if he wants anything over 3-4 years 6+ a year, cause a Clause will be apart of his deal and will make moving him difficult if things dont work out. Especially if we want a lower cap for his deal.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Again, it all comes down to what Vanek is expecting for a contract. Anything averaging over 7 million for 7 years, I'd tell him to go find another team.

Well. We all know he'll probably get offers for 7.5-8 just because there will be money there. They'll have to sell him on something else other than "family lives here" to get him to bite I think. We got lucky as sin with Parise and Suter. I don't know if we can do it again.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I think Zucker will be more productive over the next five years than Vanek.

(bold prediction)

6a00d8345200e269e2017d43050c47970c-800wi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad