The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

tumblr_m26nvnNG5o1qkk10ro1_500.jpg

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
A major knee injury can't be good for a guy who relies on speed.

Billy Mays Here*

Should've traded him the second Nino showed he was the real deal. He has no future with us and his value is only going to continue to decrease with injuries, staying in Iowa, etc.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Should've traded him the second Nino showed he was the real deal. He has no future with us and his value is only going to continue to decrease with injuries, staying in Iowa, etc.

Sad but probably true.

Then again if we get a new coach this offseason Zucker could suddenly find himself with a role to play.

But yeah, he's got no future here with Yeo as coach.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
He might still have a future here, esp. with Heatley off the books (likely) in the summer. Besides, it's not like developing down in Iowa will hurt him. The injury, on the other hand... Ugh. Knee injuries are tough ones. Seems kinda strange that it's gone from "something minor to not". I hope it's something that can be repaired with proper care and time.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
He might still have a future here, esp. with Heatley off the books (likely) in the summer. Besides, it's not like developing down in Iowa will hurt him. The injury, on the other hand... Ugh. Knee injuries are tough ones. Seems kinda strange that it's gone from "something minor to not". I hope it's something that can be repaired with proper care and time.

Agree with everything here.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Agreed. Hope he just gets better right now.

Billy Mays Here*

I'd like to know where he "fits in" as some of you seem to think.

Parise, Pominville, Nino/Coyle and Vanek/Moulson assuming we get one of them next year are all locks for the winger spots in the top 6. You don't pay Cooke $2.5 million a year to be a 4th line winger so he's on our 3rd line for a while yet, and Fontaine looks pretty good as a 3rd line winger so unless you want Zucker playing on the 4th line, he has no place here.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd like to know where he "fits in" as some of you seem to think.

Parise, Pominville, Nino/Coyle and Vanek/Moulson assuming we get one of them next year are all locks for the winger spots in the top 6. You don't pay Cooke $2.5 million a year to be a 4th line winger so he's on our 3rd line for a while yet, and Fontaine looks pretty good as a 3rd line winger so unless you want Zucker playing on the 4th line, he has no place here.

You can pay Cooke $2.5m to be on the 4th line if/when you're paying your 3rd line LW just over a mil. That's where he was tonight, after all.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Zucker just isn't that good, people. He does seem to have superior drive though, and I hope that gets him rehabbed ahead of schedule. Maybe that drive also caused him to tough it out a bit too much when he should have sat himself earlier?

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Zucker just isn't that good, people. He does seem to have superior drive though, and I hope that gets him rehabbed ahead of schedule. Maybe that drive also caused him to tough it out a bit too much when he should have sat himself earlier?

I don't think anyone here really believes he's going to be an elite guy, but I think there's a feeling that he's a fairly talented prospect who brings elements (speed, shot, offensive instinct, drive) to the team that we don't really have much of in the immediate pipeline or our recent grads. From that perspective I think he's more valuable to our organization than a slightly more talented but redundant prospect might be--say, another playmaking two-way forward.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i think zucker has skill he just needs the right development plan. he needs a team that can put him on the 2nd line, not 4th. we just dont have the correct roster spot open 4 him. big Z get well soon!

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i hope that zucker tweet was just him expressing great disappointment in reinjuring his knee and not, as Russo seemed to think, indicating there was a massive problem with it. Didn't Bombardir get a knee injury they couldn't fix?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I would assume that's the case. He is a restricted free agent who barely played any hockey this year. I wouldn't say he's at a crossroads, but I bet he wanted to build on last year and get a strong contract, or at least prove he can stay in the NHL. He didn't get that opportunity, then got injured, and now he's going to have 6+ months of rehab that will set him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad