Confirmed with Link: Jason Spezza Retires | Will Join Leafs Front Office

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Nothing but love for the guy. Good on him not to milk his career and becoming a villian

This has happend to to many beloved Leafs. Thomas, Sundin, Gilmour(although he has won a cup with flames) to retire so close yet nothing to show for

Love the guy. He did the right thing and respectable thing

Nothing to be ashmed off his career. Had a solid run. Not every great player will win a stanly cup

By far one of the most talented player I got to watch, hate and love at the same time

NiftyMits

Mar 24, 2018
Hopefully it was his decision to retire and not because the team didn't want him as a player anymore. Although, Dubas did say he would have a long chat with him so I don't think this was one sided at all.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Hopefully it was his decision to retire and not because the team didn't want him as a player anymore. Although, Dubas did say he would have a long chat with him so I don't think this was one sided at all.

If it was then I'll give Dubas credit. These are the discussions he needs to have and decisions he needs to make. Love Jason, but lets be honest, he's not what the leafs needed anymore. He did get to play for his home town, got to play some meaningful games while being close to his family

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
If it was then I'll give Dubas credit. These are the discussions he needs to have and decisions he needs to make. Love Jason, but lets be honest, he's not what the leafs needed anymore. He did get to play for his home town, got to play some meaningful games while being close to his family
He was still a useful player. He was somewhat frustrating because you’d see glimpses of what he was and he couldn’t maintain it anymore, but he still had hustle and hands. I’ll miss him. He was definitely one of our better depth scoring threats

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Definitely a very classy individual, always played with lots of love and passion for the game. Realistically though, I’m not disappointed that he’s retiring, as his better playing days are way behind him. Glad to see that he’s still sticking around the organization, you can tell he loves it here and still has a lot of love for hockey in general. Definitely a Hall of Fame career, no one can change my mind about that either.

Reactions: MarMarSab3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad