Injury Report: Jason Pominville (5/7/13 Update: He's Back!)

10dynasty38*

Yes. The situation called for professionalism and cool heads, and the Wild got the 2 points.

Grey matter over barbarism every time.

Personally, i'd agree, if it were a couple of old ladies fighting over the last of the Corn Bread Dressing at the Old Country Buffet. Fortunately, Their careers aren't at stake if one of them ends up with a concussion.

Maybe the Wild get a 2 minutes instigator penalty for the melee that incurs after someone annihilates Brown. 2 whole minutes, Maybe. Ya ya ya its an important game, but who's to say that instead of sulking on the bench worrying about how Pommer is and being the cooler heads the team comes out of its slumber and actually starts taking it to the Kings. The spark the team needed to actually give a crap about what is happening on the ice. The Wild were up 2-0 before the Pomminville hit, and barely managed to hang on to win 2 -1. They were not the same team after that hit. Yes they were intimidated. The Wild were outshooting the Kings 20-7 before the hit and were outshot 16- 5 after.

It's an endless debate that unfortunately has 2 sides. All I know is if someone slammed their elbow into my face and knocked me out of the game I'd be wondering why no one from my team cared enough to do anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Yes. The situation called for professionalism and cool heads, and the Wild got the 2 points.

Grey matter over barbarism every time.

Exactly. The points were their #1 priority, as they should have been.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well, to be fair, given how the refs have been bending us over and omitting the use of lube, I'm willing to bet we would end up with a 2 5 and 10 to whoever crushed Brown.

Still think it might have been worth it.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Give Pomer rest until the playoffs. We don't need him back to beat Oilers and Avs. If we can't beat them without him, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyways.

That would give him 1.5 weeks off.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
Give Pomer rest until the playoffs. We don't need him back to beat Oilers and Avs. If we can't beat them without him, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyways.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for as well.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

This is exactly what I hoped they would do the day after his hit. Let Pommers rest and ease him back into playing before he gets thrown into the mix again.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Excellent. Maybe we'll have that Bouchard-Brodziak-Pomminville 2b line to compliment the Seto-Cullen-Zucker 2a line.

If both of those lines get hot, watch out Hawks!

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Considering our weakness at D and goaltending in this series I cannot begin to explain enough how vital his return would be to help the Wild at least stay with the Hawks upfront in this series.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Considering our weakness at D and goaltending in this series I cannot begin to explain enough how vital his return would be to help the Wild at least stay with the Hawks upfront in this series.

I'm not sure our weakness is at goaltending. Crawford and Emery aren't exactly stellar. I'd say goaltending is a wash.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota

tumblr_m0jju5Wjxz1r3797v.gif

Billy Mays Here*

If I'm Yeo I send him back to Minnesota ASAP and keep him out until game 3 minimum. If he's still having symptoms one more day's rest really isn't gonna do much good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad