Injury Report: Jason Pominville (5/7/13 Update: He's Back!)

J22*

If you think that isn't a concussion it's because you know nothing about concussions.

100% one.

Question now is how long he is out and whether he is really good enough to go when he comes back. God I want him back for the playoffs but I would hate to see him rushed back.

And if you knew half as much about concussions as you think you do, you wouldnt be using the 100% figure.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Sabres fan here.

How could the refs not call a penalty?

Hope Brown gets suspended and miss playoff games.

We don't know either. The ref behind the goal line had a great view of it, as did the lineseman, who could have called it in situations like that.

To us it's just another glaring error in a long string of officiating jack-assery this year. Seriously, we get an uncalled high stick against us one or two times a game it seems. Our opponents get away with murder, and we get a penalty if we breathe on someone.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Kings fans in the main board are ****ing embarrassing.

Honestly, what do you expect?

40% of them are bandwagon fans who don't even know what hockey really is other than "LA WINS FCK YA!"

30% have no idea how to even play hockey, let alone what the rules are

20% probably sold their souls just to get a Stanley Cup picture so they could say they are "legit hockey fans"

5% think Wayne is still playing on the team

4% know what is actually going on

1% Bacon

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Ok, I'm staying out of that thread now. Either people are trolling way better than I am or we have some really ignorant and unintelligent people on this board who know nothing about the rules of hockey.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Honestly, what do you expect?

40% of them are bandwagon fans who don't even know what hockey really is other than "LA WINS FCK YA!"

30% have no idea how to even play hockey, let alone what the rules are

20% probably sold their souls just to get a Stanley Cup picture so they could say they are "legit hockey fans"

4% know what is actually going on

1% Bacon

Bacon content too high.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011

To be fair, Dwight King could be confused with Simmonds pretty easily, and the Richards trade didn't take place that long ago.

In all seriousness, while there's been some mind boggling comments by some Kings fans (and others too), I don't think taking jabs at a whole market is the way to go. (Not necessarily directed at you as your post was written with a very jokingly tone, but more in general.)

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Canuck fan here.

I've been coming to you boards the last few years predicting that you guys would make the playoffs.

So congrats that you guys look to be in.

And I hope that POS Brown gets at least five games.

Clear, intentional head shot.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
To be fair, Dwight King could be confused with Simmonds pretty easily, and the Richards trade didn't take place that long ago.

In all seriousness, while there's been some mind boggling comments by some Kings fans (and others too), I don't think taking jabs at a whole market is the way to go. (Not necessarily directed at you as your post was written with a very jokingly tone, but more in general.)

I suppose I should throw that out there that it is just in jest in case some LA fanboy comes into our biased Minnesota Wild board and this thread to grab my post as a semblance of how "butthurt" we are a fanbase about this.

However, there is a reason I'm not going back into that thread. It isn't even just Kings fans but just the blatant jackassery of some people's comments that are so offbase with what the rules are it is baffling.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Intentional brace/pre-emptive elbow, not intentional headshot, but responsible for making contact with the head regardless. Robotic space lion court finds in favor of Mrs. Pommel Horse.

10dynasty38*

My question is, Why do the Wild just take this crap? First Heatley and now Pomminville. Not that I would expect Bouchard to do anything, but he just skated right past like nothing happened. Atleast see if your teammate is alright or say something to Brown.

How many players is it gonna take getting railroaded before the team takes matters into its own hands. If the Kings were gonna run at Pomminville all night, we need to send a message and run at Kopitar or Voynov all night if everyone is so scared of Brown. Mostly to say Hey! 2 can play this game.

I have never seen such a wussified team on an NHL ice sheet in my entire life. To just take this crap and not respond is a sure sign the Wild need to toughen up. And i'm not just talking about a couple of 4th line Goons. I'm talking get rid of the Bouchards and other Nancy's on the team that won't confront other teams bullies when their teammates are being targeted.

I may take a couple of suspensions, but if that's what it takes to send the message so be it. It beats having the scorers on the IR, I'd rather have the tough guys suspended.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If LA scored on an PP by us taking an instigator, and we ended up losing, we'd all go ballistic. Brown would never answer the bell on his own.

OpRedDawn*

Same thing when Zucker / Clutter were taken out earlier in the year. We just stand there, don't retaliate. Gee, I wonder why it continually happens to us.

Also, does anyone have video of the original hit against pommers? I think it was Nolan

brainfreeze

Jul 12, 2012
Bemidji
My question is, Why do the Wild just take this crap? First Heatley and now Pomminville. Not that I would expect Bouchard to do anything, but he just skated right past like nothing happened. Atleast see if your teammate is alright or say something to Brown.

How many players is it gonna take getting railroaded before the team takes matters into its own hands. If the Kings were gonna run at Pomminville all night, we need to send a message and run at Kopitar or Voynov all night if everyone is so scared of Brown. Mostly to say Hey! 2 can play this game.

I have never seen such a wussified team on an NHL ice sheet in my entire life. To just take this crap and not respond is a sure sign the Wild need to toughen up. And i'm not just talking about a couple of 4th line Goons. I'm talking get rid of the Bouchards and other Nancy's on the team that won't confront other teams bullies when their teammates are being targeted.

I may take a couple of suspensions, but if that's what it takes to send the message so be it. It beats having the scorers on the IR, I'd rather have the tough guys suspended.

+1 Very frustrating to watch. There are times to to skate away and take the pp(if a penalty is actually called)but if you skate away 100% of the time you're not going to get any respect from the other team and seemingly very little from the refs also. These guys seem to think that turning the other cheek means bending over and grabbing your ankles.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
What is going after Brown going to do outside of (likely) putting the Wild at a disadvantage? He's too vital of a player for the Kings to get caught in the box for an extended amount of time to oblige a plug. And the Wild don't employ a similar piece to Brown that is willing or able.

There's a time and a place for standing up for someone. Trying to salvage each and every point in order to make the playoffs isn't it.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Canuck fan here.

I've been coming to you boards the last few years predicting that you guys would make the playoffs.

So congrats that you guys look to be in.

And I hope that POS Brown gets at least five games.

Clear, intentional head shot.

Thanks for the words! :)

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
If LA scored on an PP by us taking an instigator, and we ended up losing, we'd all go ballistic. Brown would never answer the bell on his own.

Yes. And I think Russo already mentioned that the moment Konopka stepped on the ice, Dusty skated straight to the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad