Injury Report: Jason Pominville (5/7/13 Update: He's Back!)

J22*

It's pretty much impossible to take a hit like that and not show concussion symptoms. It all depends on how he feels tomorrow and going forward.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Why is it that a player who has only missed 9 games in his last 7 seasons has to have this happen to him once he gets traded to us? TELL ME DAMMIT!!!

I jinxed us all when I was trying to tell everyone about how durable he is in the trade thread..I guess Jarick and stonedkoala get their wish now. Not sure how were gonna win if he's out long term.

Hopefully he's just out these last two games and back by playoffs but I doubt it. Seemed bad

Billy Mays Here*

Even if it's not a concussion, I still give him the last two games off. Don't think we'll need him to beat Eddy anyway.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Obviously agree..I don't think it will be that short term though..these C words are always the worst case scenario it seems..bye bye Pommer for the season.

DAMNIT!
No concussion is the same as another concussion. I also remember when everyone wrote Zucker off after the Perry hit.

We won't know anything til the end of the week.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
No concussion is the same as another concussion. I also remember when everyone wrote Zucker off after the Perry hit.

We won't know anything til the end of the week.

I would imagine age can factor into recovery time, which isn't good for Pommer.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
We’ll see if he gets away this one. He didn’t brace himself. He swung his elbow sneakily into Pominville’s face, and even though Yeo didn’t provide a report postgame with the dreaded “C” word, it sure looked like it. Frankly, and maybe one reason why Yeo was restrained after the game, the Wild probably doesn’t want L.A.’s captain suspended. The Kings play in Detroit on Wednesday.
Pominville injured

OpRedDawn*

Meh, we just have to accept that our guys get cheap shotted all the time. Can't respond or lay a hit like that though, otherwise we'll be dirty. Love the double standards

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Pommer was playing so good too. He brought life to Bouchard and Brodziak. He made that a solid line

Please be alright Pommer

Giles Ferrell

#believeinyeo
Mar 24, 2013
Minnesota
If you watched how he skated off, it did not look good. Hate to say it, but he will be out a while.

How do 4 officials miss that call? Terrible shot to the head/

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Ugly hit. Hopefully Pominville doesn't have the "C" word, but I'm not holding my breath on it. If he has it, he shouldn't rush back, there are bigger things in life than hockey (even if it's the NHL playoffs).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I guess Jarick and stonedkoala get their wish now. Not sure how were gonna win if he's out long term.

Da fuq is this ****? Really Bee? You're calling Jarick and me out because we didn't like the trade? We never in a million years want the Wild to lose, especially like this. That's low. Way beyond low in fact. Where have I ever said I wanted the Wild to lose? This is your problem. Most of you guys. You guys can't seem to differentiate situations. It's all or nothing. Win or lose. Black or white. The world isn't gray. It's either black or white. There is no in between and if there is, it's like you can't comprehend it at all and so you start throwing out random arguments. Newsflash, it doesn't work that way. Our concern is how much we gave up. It's not that Pom isn't a good player. It's not that Pom can't deliver (which he has been). It's about the long term health of the organization, the goals and progression this team makes.

Same with this hit. Was it dirty? Oh God yes. Throwing an elbow out like that is low and disgusting. But the problem I have is, it doesn't even seem like Pom was bracing himself for a hit (actually see the brace right at the end there...why is he going in low?) or even showing any signs that he is in fact RUNNING into the BACK of Brown. Brown took the opportunity to deliver a dirty blow to a vulnerable player, who put himself in that position. Pom can't be doing that sort of thing and think he can get away with it.

Last edited:

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I really hope he isn't hurt too bad, and makes a full, quick recovery.

I was also hoping someone would make Brown pay for what he did... That was one of the dirtiest hits I've seen all year, and that ****er deserves an old style ass kicking for it.

****ing Shanascam better do something about that hit - I know it's not in our best interest and I don't care. Dirty bs like that needs a punishment.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Same with this hit. Was it dirty? Oh God yes. Throwing an elbow out like that is low and disgusting. But the problem I have is, it doesn't even seem like Pom was bracing himself for a hit (actually see the brace right at the end there...why is he going in low?) or even showing any signs that he is in fact RUNNING into the BACK of Brown. Brown took the opportunity to deliver a dirty blow to a vulnerable player, who put himself in that position. Pom can't be doing that sort of thing and think he can get away with it.

Pomi wasn't embracing himself for a hit because he didn't think he'd get hit. He was going in low to poke the puck away from Brown.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I want to see Perry and Brown manage to do a double cheap-shot KO on each other.

mma-double-knockout-o.gif

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Wasn't my wish he got injured, just that we didn't make the trade.

Scary to see him get knocked out like that. He has a concussion history right? Ugh.

Considering his size and style of play, I cringe any time he is near the boards. Puts himself in a lot of vulnerable spots.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Wasn't my wish he got injured, just that we didn't make the trade.

Scary to see him get knocked out like that. He has a concussion history right? Ugh.

Considering his size and style of play, I cringe any time he is near the boards. Puts himself in a lot of vulnerable spots.

Well I know he's had one, in the 2010-2011 season.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If you think that isn't a concussion it's because you know nothing about concussions.

100% one.

Question now is how long he is out and whether he is really good enough to go when he comes back. God I want him back for the playoffs but I would hate to see him rushed back.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Sabres fan here.

How could the refs not call a penalty?

Hope Brown gets suspended and miss playoff games.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Brown is a serial elbower. I don't think he head hunts, but he leads every check with his elbow. Sometimes it hits the person's body, sometimes the head. But that's his point of contact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad