Injury Report: Jason Garrison getting closer to game time decision

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
To me Namestnikov is more like Filppula except with more Grit and propensity towards shooting

Classic 2-way center that is suited to a 2nd line but like Filppula now, will be a luxury as a 3rd line C down the road

His hockey sense looks solid but he has a bit of tunnel vision with the puck imo. Not trying to pick on him, I would say the same about Filppula and Callahan vision-wise

Palat has excellent vision, and since he's a tank on the boards, allows TKO to continually keep the pressure on offensively once they get in the offensive zone.

Callahan has a similar effect on a line but doesn't have Palat's vision with the puck

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
To me Namestnikov is more like Filppula except with more Grit and propensity towards shooting

Classic 2-way center that is suited to a 2nd line but like Filppula now, will be a luxury as a 3rd line C down the road

His hockey sense looks solid but he has a bit of tunnel vision with the puck imo. Not trying to pick on him, I would say the same about Filppula and Callahan vision-wise

Palat has excellent vision, and since he's a tank on the boards, allows TKO to continually keep the pressure on offensively once they get in the offensive zone.

Callahan has a similar effect on a line but doesn't have Palat's vision with the puck

Cally and Pally are the sparks on their lines. They make things happen instead of waiting for things to happen. Whether it be a simple pass to someone, a check on the boards, a turnover, blocking a shot, or a takeaway that leads to a scoring chance. Their play is contagious and makes their line mates work harder.

As per Vladdy think he has been very good, but a few great games is not the telling tale moving forward. Flip has been a little off this season but he has still been solid. Don't see him being up to Flip's level to be honest.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/victor-hedman-to-return-tonight/2224822

http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/bol...150409/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hedman
The Lightning will get a big boost tonight against the Devils with defenseman Victor Hedman returning to the lineup.

Hedman had been out since getting hurt Mar. 30 against Montreal, but hoped to get in at least one more game before the playoffs begin April 16.
Coburn
Defenseman Braydon Coburn was skating in a regular jersey, progressing from his lower-body injury. But coach Jon Cooper said it'd be "a gift" if Coburn was ready by Game 1.
Coburn said his goal is to be ready for Game 1, though that’s not a certainty.
Sustr and Killorn
C Alex Killorn (undisclosed injury) and D Andrej Sustr (upper body) were skating in red non-contact jerseys. Both likely won't return this weekend, but Cooper said they're "probable" for Game 1.
Killorn said he got hurt in Thursday's 2-1 overtime loss to Ottawa, but didn't "realize the severity" until Saturday's morning skate. "It kind of surprised me," he said.

But Killorn said he's feeling better, and hopes to return by at least Saturday, if not for Game 1.

"I'd be shocked if I wasn't playing by playoffs," he said.
“It’s starting to feel a lot better, still don’t want to force anything and at this point I don’t think there is much of a reason to,’’ Killorn said. “But it’s getting better every day, so day-to-day and we’ll see how it goes. . . . I’m not ruling out (playing Saturday) but probably not. There’s always a chance and if I feel good enough to play, I’ll play.’’
Sustr, who was also injured at Detroit, was limited in shooting drills on Thursday. Though he has not ruled out trying to return for Saturday, he said it might not be worth the risk.

“I’m just trying not to rush anything that might set me back,’’ Sustr said. “The progress has been pretty good and hopefully I’ll be ready in the next few days and the playoffs. We’ll just take it day by day and see how it develops.’’
Garrison
Garrison continues to look like the furthest away from being ready after he suffered an upper-body injury in Detroit on March 28 and was expected to miss 3-4 weeks
D Jason Garrison (upper body), who skated on his own, is "doubtful." (for game 1)

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
Cally and Pally are the sparks on their lines. They make things happen instead of waiting for things to happen. Whether it be a simple pass to someone, a check on the boards, a turnover, blocking a shot, or a takeaway that leads to a scoring chance. Their play is contagious and makes their line mates work harder.

As per Vladdy think he has been very good, but a few great games is not the telling tale moving forward. Flip has been a little off this season but he has still been solid. Don't see him being up to Flip's level to be honest.

Fair enough, He's still a rookie, but I look at his skillset and think he'll develop into a 2nd line 2-way center of similar calibre to Filppula

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Coburn back for game 1 is looking like a very realistic possibility.

That would be amazing. If we could ice a roster that is only missing Garrison for Game 1...

Even if Coburn isn't available for game 1, just means at some point in round 1 we would be adding two top-4 defensemen to our roster.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I think we see Garrison by game 3 or even 2. I just hope these guys don't skip a beat, they don't have time to "find chemistry".

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Tomorrow will be like 24 days since the injury, right? It's not a huge deal if he can't return for game 3 but it'd be a nice emotional lift if he can.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
With how Nesterov has stepped up and how Sustr has been better than bad lately, I LOVE our defense when Garrison comes back. Let's just hope we keep Nestea in the lineup.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
With how Nesterov has stepped up and how Sustr has been better than bad lately, I LOVE our defense when Garrison comes back. Let's just hope we keep Nestea in the lineup.

I agree, but then we'll have to scratch Sustr. It's part of why I think they're being patient with Garrison now. I could definitely see him waiting until game 5 to return, potentially.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
yea they're doing well now, but with Garrison they'll be even better, if he's ready you gotta get him in there.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Saw this on twitter, but another possibility when Garrison comes back is Coop goes 7D 11F and sits Vladdy.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/bol...ealthy-scratch-again-tonight-20150421/?page=2
It is expected that D Jason Garrison, who has been out since March 28 with an upper body injury, will return at some point before the end of the series.
Garrison has been taking more and more contact in recent days and though he will sit out Game 3, a possible return for Game 4 has been discussed.

“It’s progressing every day and every day I feel like I’m getting a bit stronger,’’ Garrison said. “I just want to make sure I’m at the point where I can by physical out there and not worry about it. I think I’m close to that, but I’m not quite there yet.’’

As far as a possible return to the lineup on Thursday?

“I hope so,’’ he said. “I think every other day it feels like I can make quite a bit of progress each day. So I think that’s definitely the goal that I have, that after (Tuesday) to prepare myself for the following the game. And if it’s not quite there I’ll just kind of have to do the same thing over again.’’

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Well, right now we're back to praying that there will be a series to return for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad