Injury Report: Jason Garrison getting closer to game time decision

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Someone wanted some "good" Sustr news from me.

Have some cookies
8265001095_magic-lightning-bolts-recipe.jpg

Yzlamic Preacher*

Killorn's injury seems worse then whats being lead on.

I don't know how to feel about it though. I feel we could use Killorn in the playoffs, but Killer out means #FreeBrown #UnleashtTheNamestnikov and #ObviouslyFirstLine.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't know how to feel about it though. I feel we could use Killorn in the playoffs, but Killer out means #FreeBrown #UnleashtTheNamestnikov and #ObviouslyFirstLine.

Killer was one of few guys who performed up to their potential in last year's playoffs, so yeah, I'm with you that we could use him. Best case scenario is the new top line clicks and then we get to funnel Killer down to the bottom-six, where he's a genuine asset on the verge of being a luxury. Killorn-Flip-Paquette/Brown/Namestnikov. We could call that the Luxury line.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
For the playoffs we need Killorn more then vladdy! Killer plays playoff hockey style! Much more then vladdy.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
For the playoffs we need Killorn more then vladdy! Killer plays playoff hockey style! Much more then vladdy.

no no no

vladdys d is way above killers we need both so bottom is strength again but if i chose

its drouin and vladdy every day of week on killer

probkem is cooper wont unleash them like he does killer

but need all bodies if we are going deep even if that puts stamkos killer and cally back in play the bottom strength makes us more legit overall

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
no no no

vladdys d is way above killers we need both so bottom is strength again but if i chose

but need all bodies if we are going deep even if that puts stamkos killer and cally back in play the bottom strength makes us more legit overall

Vlad's defense is nothing special let alone "way above" Killorn. Killorn can actually play along the boards, Vlad will get crushed once games get physical.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Vlad's defense is nothing special let alone "way above" Killorn. Killorn can actually play along the boards, Vlad will get crushed once games get physical.

disagree vlad is closest guy we have to palat in our organization and mark this if you want but within a couple years I will be right on that and most of you will get where im coming from at this time

you just are not seeing it yet or not knowing how to view it but they play the same game same style same attack points same board work mentality hard to get off puck or knock off etc..

ive said it before i know im right i see it in him 100%

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
no no no

Namestnikov doesn't even come close to Killer's defensive and all around game. There is a reason why he is weened off the ice time as the game progresses.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
disagree vlad is closest guy we have to palat in our organization and mark this if you want but within a couple years I will be right on that and most of you will get where im coming from at this time

you just are not seeing it yet or not knowing how to view it but they play the same game same style same attack points same board work mentality hard to get off puck or knock off etc..

ive said it before i know im right i see it in him 100%

Alright, with all due respect this is ridiculous. Namestnikov is a great young player but his game does not resemble Palat's game. I have no doubt he will eventually take off and have a great career but right now he is way behind Killorn, yet alone Palat, in terms of overall play. He might be there two years from now, but that is still two years from now.....

He needs to bulk up and shield the puck better to even be palatable in terms of board work.

Where does the Palat comparison come from? Most of his offensive prowess he draws from his skating ability, instincts with the puck, and in the open ice. Palat is great everywhere but what sets him apart is his instincts without the puck, and ability the get control of the puck when the ice shrinks along the board. There really is no comparing the two.

Namestnikov's defensive game has not translated well yet to the NHL level. I sometimes think we forget(I know that I do) that he is a rookie who's a bit undersized, and while he had solid overall game in juniors there are significant hurdles that have to be jumped to compete at the same level now.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Palat is great everywhere but what sets him apart is his [...] ability the get to control of the puck when the ice shrinks along the board.

Agreed & more... He's excellent at buying time with the puck until he finds a viable option to push the play forward.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Alright, with all due respect this is ridiculous. Namestnikov is a great young player but his game does not resemble Palat's game. I have no doubt he will eventually take off and have a great career but right now he is way behind Killorn, yet alone Palat, in terms of overall play. He might be there two years from now, but that is still two years from now.....

He needs to bulk up and shield the puck better to even be palatable in terms of board work.

Where does the Palat comparison come from? Most of his offensive prowess he draws from his skating ability, instincts with the puck, and in the open ice. Palat is great everywhere but what sets him apart is his instincts without the puck, and ability the get control of the puck when the ice shrinks along the board. There really is no comparing the two.

Namestnikov's defensive game has not translated well yet to the NHL level. I sometimes think we forget(I know that I do) that he is a rookie who's a bit undersized, and while he had solid overall game in juniors there are significant hurdles that have to be jumped to compete at the same level now.

we will agree to disagree but ive been right on posts like this in the past more often then wrong

i see it not sure why others dont yet

i have also not stat looked but pretty sure if you pull up the pk time vlads per ice is bigger then killers since he came up etc..

yep undersized just like drej remarkable they dont get knocked off the puck more easy but they dont

hes going to surprise people in this playoff run hes grown in confidence not just offensively but overall he has palats mental iq which i think is highest on our team they attack the spaces in similar way to get pucks from others vlad is 20 when is 24 i think he will mirrow palat closer then any guy in our system in play style all around etc..

he will be our second best defensive forward overall to drej

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
we will agree to disagree but ive been right on posts like this in the past more often then wrong

i see it not sure why others dont yet

i have also not stat looked but pretty sure if you pull up the pk time vlads per ice is bigger then killers since he came up etc..

yep undersized just like drej remarkable they dont get knocked off the puck more easy but they dont

hes going to surprise people in this playoff run hes grown in confidence not just offensively but overall he has palats mental iq which i think is highest on our team they attack the spaces in similar way to get pucks from others vlad is 20 when is 24 i think he will mirrow palat closer then any guy in our system in play style all around etc..

he will be our second best defensive forward overall to drej

Vladdy is 22, not 20.

Vladdy also didn't have the same seasoning in the AHL that Palat had. If you're right, you're basically saying we have a future Selke winner coming our way. Palat would be nominated/potentially win if he weren't a winger. Vladdy doesn't have that stigma to overcome being a Center.

I'm not going to say you're wrong, but I just don't see the same defensive game or Hockey IQ in Vladdy that I see in Palat. I see Vladdy being more of a pest though. He'll have to have a couple of off seasons of bulking up to really even approach the same area code that Palat is in imo.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Vladdy is 22, not 20.

Vladdy also didn't have the same seasoning in the AHL that Palat had. If you're right, you're basically saying we have a future Selke winner coming our way. Palat would be nominated/potentially win if he weren't a winger. Vladdy doesn't have that stigma to overcome being a Center.

I'm not going to say you're wrong, but I just don't see the same defensive game or Hockey IQ in Vladdy that I see in Palat. I see Vladdy being more of a pest though. He'll have to have a couple of off seasons of bulking up to really even approach the same area code that Palat is in imo.

i see similarities not sure he can reach palats just uncanny abilities think he goes at others with same mindset though better then say kucherov not as good as johnson though but is why im soo high on vladdy

he drove the bus in ahl turned around panik and connolly was with kuch as number one line is same thing drej did for those two years its overlooked

i really like his defense myself and think hes already ahead of killer defensively or brown who are good defensively themselves kucherov obviously had the biggest jump of anyone defensively this year and hes showing you dont need to be 200 pounds to make an impact if you play a smart style etc..

i think vladdy is very good on boards where you guys are saying hes small i see tyjo who have no explanation for be good in those situations too

tyjo is guy dont get lol vladdy to me looks like palat in how he attacks defensively so makes more sense to me understanding why it seems to me to work

good news is all these guys talk to each other on shifts etc.. seem to advise each other making a strong unit even though we are small the speed and iq of them all works pretty amazing

i also have seen vladdy stepping up in my eyes confidence wise etc.. in his overall game why think he has a bigger impact for the playoffs then the board seems to think he has

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Injury updates becuase there are tons of new tweets:

In regular jerseys (no red):
Coburn
Vladdy

In red no-Contact jerseys:
Killorn
Garrison
Sustr

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Injury updates becuase there are tons of new tweets:

In regular jerseys (no red):
Coburn
Vladdy

In red no-Contact jerseys:
Killorn
Garrison
Sustr

I wasn't even aware that Vladdy was hurt. What happened to him? At least he should be ok tonight.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I wasn't even aware that Vladdy was hurt. What happened to him? At least he should be ok tonight.

Oh no, he wasn't hurt, he just left practice yesterday with and illness so they didn't know how long he'd be out but he looks like he's healthy again and should be playing tonight.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I don't think Namestnikov will ever be as good as Palat, and that's not a shot against Vladdy. I personally view Palat as a top 20 player in the league because I like complete players more than offensive dynamos. I think Vladdy will be a 20+40, two way center. Maybe someone like a Derek Stepan, but with inferior defense and superior skating when compared to Stepan.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think Namestnikov will ever be as good as Palat, and that's not a shot against Vladdy. I personally view Palat as a top 20 player in the league because I like complete players more than offensive dynamos. I think Vladdy will be a 20+40, two way center. Maybe someone like a Derek Stepan, but with inferior defense and superior skating when compared to Stepan.

Yeah, I also just don't see the stylistic comparison between Palat and Namestnikov. Palat is like a super-skilled grinder. Namestnikov is a skilled center with some grit. Palat also seems like a rare east-west grinder while Namestnikov, to me, looks a lot more north-south. He takes paths pretty similar to Stamkos when entering the zone, including that sweep behind the net Stamkos does whenever he runs out of options. Palat cuts inside a lot and/or drops the puck off, or just throws it to the corner.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Yeah, I also just don't see the stylistic comparison between Palat and Namestnikov. Palat is like a super-skilled grinder. Namestnikov is a skilled center with some grit. Palat also seems like a rare east-west grinder while Namestnikov, to me, looks a lot more north-south. He takes paths pretty similar to Stamkos when entering the zone, including that sweep behind the net Stamkos does whenever he runs out of options. Palat cuts inside a lot and/or drops the puck off, or just throws it to the corner.

Spot on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad