Rumor: Jaromir Jagr hanging them up?!?!

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Because I clearly expect a young team with a lot of talent to improve now that they have competent people running the show, this isn't rocket science.

Leafs going from 30 to playoffs should be evidence enough that a young team can improve drastically :laugh:

So yes, bubble team and I'd argue that almost all teams are going into the season as a bubble team anyways.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The fit is the olympic team, then sign with a contender at the deadline someone is going to suffer an injury and he can fill a hole, what if for example we lose Brown going into the playoffs?

Komarov Kadri Jagr would be a solid line if Brown went down

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Because I clearly expect a young team with a lot of talent to improve now that they have competent people running the show, this isn't rocket science.

If you think Buffalo has a shot at making the playoffs, what team doesn't? Unless Bettman expanded the playoffs to 31 teams, I strongly disagree. Jagr's #1 priority is money, not the competitiveness of the team. He has proven this by signing with some pretty crappy teams over the last 5 years.

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
it's obvious that he is asking for more than teams want to give him. if Jagr wasn't asking for a lot, and would sign at a low price, he'd be signed by now.

How is this obvious and why would anyone make such a presumption based upon an opinion? Do you know how much he is asking? No you do not.

Nothing is obvious here and no one knows the details. Posting speculation as anything other than speculation is rather silly.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
it's obvious that he is asking for more than teams want to give him. if Jagr wasn't asking for a lot, and would sign at a low price, he'd be signed by now.

How is this obvious and why would anyone make such a presumption based upon an opinion? Do you know how much he is asking? No you do not.

Nothing is obvious here and no one knows the details. Posting speculation as anything other than speculation is rather silly.

Started responding to bauer with the exact same thing. I love when people post opinions as fact. That is exactly how the Duchene fiasco happened. Posters spreading rumors as if they are fact and it spread like wildfire.

For all we know Jagr has 10 offers and he is waiting to make a decision. Or he has zero offers and it has nothing to do with money. Or maybe he has one team he wants to go to and is holding out for them. We literally have no clue.

takanoyama

Apr 4, 2013
Logical considerations:

1) Jagr is not going to hang them up next season.
2) If Jagr would not play in NHL, he would play in Europe, where season starts a month earlier. That means he should have joined his eventual team already.
3) odds for him in NHL next season are very low in the Czech rep. (1,15) and bookmakers don't want to lose.
4) resume: it is logical result of 1)-3) he will sign with any NHL team. The problem is, it takes so long to see the solution.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Jagr played 82 last season and had 46 pts. He's 45.

He needs to find a team that doesn't care about winning and only wants to parade around old players on a farewell tour. Sedin, Sedin, Jagr?

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Jagr played 82 last season and had 46 pts. He's 45.

He needs to find a team that doesn't care about winning and only wants to parade around old players on a farewell tour. Sedin, Sedin, Jagr?

On a bad Panthers team where the lead scorer had 54 points (Jagr was still 4th best in points, goals and assists). The year before he led the team with 66 points.

His age is understandably a concern at this point and always will be, but he's still a good player. A bit of respect wouldn't hurt.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Vegas has always made the most sense to me as a destination for a 45 year old Jagr, but maybe he simply prefers to play in the east where there's less travel?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If you think Buffalo has a shot at making the playoffs, what team doesn't? Unless Bettman expanded the playoffs to 31 teams, I strongly disagree. Jagr's #1 priority is money, not the competitiveness of the team. He has proven this by signing with some pretty crappy teams over the last 5 years.

Buffalo got better with the additions of Pominville and Scandella, Especially Scandella, Antipin too. Reinhart will get better and if eichel stays healthy, Buffalo has a good shot at the playoffs. Losing Bylsma helps alot aswell.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The fit is the olympic team, then sign with a contender at the deadline someone is going to suffer an injury and he can fill a hole, what if for example we lose Brown going into the playoffs?

Komarov Kadri Jagr would be a solid line if Brown went down

Jágr is retired from the national team I'm pretty sure.

Sabres need one more top 9 winger if Reinhart is going to play C, and we have the cap space too.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Buffalo got better with the additions of Pominville and Scandella, Especially Scandella, Antipin too. Reinhart will get better and if eichel stays healthy, Buffalo has a good shot at the playoffs. Losing Bylsma helps alot aswell.

I hope I am wrong, but Buffalo seems to be 1-2 years behind Colorado in nearly everything.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
yeah 0.5 ppg players are totally useless and have no place in the nhl

He brings nothing defensively to the table and played always with Barkov/Huberdeau when they were in the lineup.

How many other teams can pair him with 2 honest 1st line players?

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

Started responding to bauer with the exact same thing. I love when people post opinions as fact. That is exactly how the Duchene fiasco happened. Posters spreading rumors as if they are fact and it spread like wildfire.

For all we know Jagr has 10 offers and he is waiting to make a decision. Or he has zero offers and it has nothing to do with money. Or maybe he has one team he wants to go to and is holding out for them. We literally have no clue.

of course it's my opinion. i never stated it as fact, i simply said it's obvious to me. and it is. that's how i feel. if it isn't obvious to you then so what? people can make up their own minds as to what they think is going on.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Its quite clear to me that it has to do with Jagr, not the demand for his services.

Marleau had the same number of points last season and just got 3x6. Leaf fans applauded the deal. Other forwards near Jagr in production include Pominville, Perron, Tatar, Justin Williams... you get the point.

Jagr no doubt has teams interested, especially on a one year deal. I wouldn't be surprised if it was money or term complicating the process. The Rangers lowballed Jagr in 2008 and he bolted. 2 years 6m per they offered, after Hossa signed elsewhere. Jagr took more in Russia.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
He brings nothing defensively to the table and played always with Barkov/Huberdeau when they were in the lineup.

How many other teams can pair him with 2 honest 1st line players?

Jagr at this point definitely needs two quality, fast, responsible two-way players on his line to cover for him. Preferably younger guys that work hard, but play with skill too. Jagr would get burnt playing with other slow, offense-only type players. When he does get the puck on his stick on the offensive zone though, he is still superb at protecting it and a tremendous danger to score. Maybe teams just aren't willing to slot him that high?

And I do think he isn't willing to pay for pennies, and is looking to squeeze out every dollar. He is single - where he plays probably doesn't matter much.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Its quite clear to me that it has to do with Jagr, not the demand for his services.

Marleau had the same number of points last season and just got 3x6. Leaf fans applauded the deal. Other forwards near Jagr in production include Pominville, Perron, Tatar, Justin Williams... you get the point.

Jagr no doubt has teams interested, especially on a one year deal. I wouldn't be surprised if it was money or term complicating the process. The Rangers lowballed Jagr in 2008 and he bolted. 2 years 6m per they offered, after Hossa signed elsewhere. Jagr took more in Russia.

Definitely think this is the case. Jagr is a proud man. I'm sure he could've gotten a contract by now. The terms/situation just haven't been to his liking.

Kind of contradictory given my feelings, but it's a goddamn shame if he can't go out on his own terms.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Jagr at this point definitely needs two quality, fast, responsible two-way players on his line to cover for him. Preferably younger guys that work hard, but play with skill too. Jagr would get burnt playing with other slow, offense-only type players. When he does get the puck on his stick on the offensive zone though, he is still superb at protecting it and a tremendous danger to score. Maybe teams just aren't willing to slot him that high?

And I do think he isn't willing to pay for pennies, and is looking to squeeze out every dollar. He is single - where he plays probably doesn't matter much.

Wonder if he'd work with Toews and Saad in Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad