Islanders Point Blank: Jaro & Berube agent Walsh not happy with 3 goalie rotation

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Anyone thinking that Greiss is somehow unhappy with the 3 goalie situation is dead wrong. Guy has been a career back up...why would he complain when he is playing 40% of the games??????????????

Halak is dead weight and I'm glad if we move him. He has been average at best and I see him more as of a Nabakov with less heart. Trade anything for Halak and let Berube back up Greiss.

Some of you are out of your bird.

Complain when we never sign anyone - check
Complain when we do sign players - check
Complain when our average goalie is upset - check
Complain the team is on a downward spiral before 10 games - check.

Stop whining so much and enjoy the game.

Killer... you killed it

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I cant believe an agent with 2 goalies stuck in a 3 goalie cluster**** would complain :sarcasm:

Trade Halak so we can play the backup goalie tandem. Cmon Garth, do it you sexy genius.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Anyone thinking that Greiss is somehow unhappy with the 3 goalie situation is dead wrong. Guy has been a career back up...why would he complain when he is playing 40% of the games??????????????

Halak is dead weight and I'm glad if we move him. He has been average at best and I see him more as of a Nabakov with less heart. Trade anything for Halak and let Berube back up Greiss.

Greiss should just keep his mouth shut. He's playing, and therefore he has no need to say anything.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I'd be SHOCKED if Berube doesn't start the next game. It can't hurt, already 4-6. Great start to the season. We really needed Vesey to sign with us, and as usual we lose in that situation and Vesey is killing it as a Ranger. This team is cursed.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I cant believe an agent with 2 goalies stuck in a 3 goalie cluster**** would complain :sarcasm:

Trade Halak so we can play the backup goalie tandem. Cmon Garth, do it you sexy genius.

the more I think about the walsh tweets the more I think the comments were geared towards berube's potential frustration , not halaks since jaro has started the bulk of the games .

I dont understand the ''hasnt practiced in 5 days'' before his next start comment though .You'd think someone of halaks pedigree and wonky groin issues would want to avoid unnecessary morning skates/practices if he's starting the bulk of the games .

scott99

May 13, 2005
@TheFourthPeriod
Told this morning there are 2 teams that have made "serious" inquires with NYI on goalie Jaroslav Halak. Talks have picked up, it seems.

Looks like trade talks are heating up for Jaro

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
was wondering when stapler would start throwing halak under the bus again .I guess its a full court press again .

If anything, this is a bigger shot at the guys playing IN FRONT of Halak.

At least I interpreted it in the sense that he was getting hung out to dry. Our D was pretty pathetic ...

coachdny

Aug 20, 2010

So I went to the game yesterday, go to about 10 a year, did not enjoy it one bit. Best part i did enjoy was the fire cappy chants.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Condon traded for a 5th in 17, set's Halak's value at a bad contract swap or a 4th, maybe a low 3rd?

Then I wouldn't trade him. Halak is 25x better than Condon, should be worth way more than a 4th or even 3rd.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Trade Berube, if there is no value than just waive the guy.

I appreciate the love affair with what he might be, but Gibson has looked stout in the minors.

Therefore, rid your self of the distraction that is this three goalie non sense. WHEN healthy Halak is our best goalie.

I like Greiss and think the guy can be a 1B for us, therefore, run with those two and if the moment shows it self bring up Gibby

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Trade Berube, if there is no value than just waive the guy.

I appreciate the love affair with what he might be, but Gibson has looked stout in the minors.

Therefore, rid your self of the distraction that is this three goalie non sense. WHEN healthy Halak is our best goalie.

I like Greiss and think the guy can be a 1B for us, therefore, run with those two and if the moment shows it self bring up Gibby

I agree with this scenario. People complain about Halak not making the BIG SAVE, but where was Greiss on that Kutcherov shot from the slot? That was a big save that needed to be made and it wasn't. Both goalies are skilled and I don't mind a 60-40 split with them.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
News Flash!

Greiss gave up 3 goals on 11 shots and still has better stats than Halak.

Griess 2.87 .908 after a horror show 11+ minutes
Halak 3.15 .898

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad