Islanders Point Blank: Jaro & Berube agent Walsh not happy with 3 goalie rotation

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
https://www.sny.tv/islanders/news/a...ased-with-isles-three-goalie-system/207532840

I agree. It's nice to have insurance in case you lose a goalie to injury but it's not an ideal situation. Jaro was unhappy in STL for something similar. Enough is enough already.

Quote from Allen Walsh "Starting goalie for NY Islanders last game had only 1 quality practice in last 5 days before Penguins game. Going on 2 years of this now."

Nice find. This is from the article:
Hard to figure out NY Islanders using 3 goalie system for 2nd year. Biggest issue is goalies don't get enough practice time to stay sharp. - Allan Walsh (@walsha) October 29, 2016

Some of us have been saying that 3 goaltenders is a recipe for disaster. It creates dissension among other problems or as some guy named Billy Smith said, it ruins all three goaltenders (I have no idea what he would know about goaltending, unlike ten time Vezina and Stanley Cup winner Garth Snow.)

IMO, Garf needs to **** or get off the pot with one of these guys. Two seasons of this crap is outright stupid. Maybe because he was commonly the odd goaltender out at most of his stops in the NHL he has less concern about it? What good is holding onto a goaltender if you damage the other two?

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
3 goalies has never worked anywhere ever.....but......I've had my fill of Allan Walsh. He must think he is really something, as if his opinion any anything matters. If he wants to pick up the phone and call Snow, so be it. Keep it out of the media.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Trade Berube for anything.

There is no way he has any value after virtually not playing most of last year, and without a start this year.

He has to be waived, or Greiss or Halak moved (which I wouldn't do). How Garth handled this, PA and Okposo (cutting all ties, no contract offers at all) really puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Clutcherbuck

Feb 28, 2007
Albany, NY
3 goalies has never worked anywhere ever.....but......I've had my fill of Allan Walsh. He must think he is really something, as if his opinion any anything matters. If he wants to pick up the phone and call Snow, so be it. Keep it out of the media.

Given this is the second year, I'm sure he has tried that.
This isn't working and it needs to be corrected, and soon.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
This is on snow and at this point the circus is starting to get out of hand.

I understand wanting to keep a goalie like Berube, but you end of the day if the kid isn't playing, he's not developing.

Ricklongisland

May 31, 2016
New York
If I'm Berube, I'd want out. No point in sitting on the bench behind two goalies. He would be better utilized elsewhere. Seeing no action is no way to tone your skills. There is just no opportunity here.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Halak is on the block

I don't know how much I believe this. It's easy to put that out there after Walsh tweet.

Also, I'd much rather a Halak/Greiss duo than a Greiss/Berube one.

I don't see anyone taking Halak because of the goalie market and his cap.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I understood none of this. It never made sense to carry three goalies into the season. We waived out first line RW so we could juggle this mess for an extra three weeks.

What it comes down to for me is, I've seen no evidence Berube is all that much better than whatever replacement level goalie we'd use otherwise if we needed a third goalie (chris gibson or someone of that caliber).

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Garth seems overwhelmed.... if he overreacts like this to some twitter whining from a ********* agent, he's clearly not as in control as he should be

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I understood none of this. It never made sense to carry three goalies into the season. We waived out first line RW so we could juggle this mess for an extra three weeks.

What it comes down to for me is, I've seen no evidence Berube is all that much better than whatever replacement level goalie we'd use otherwise if we needed a third goalie (chris gibson or someone of that caliber).

PAP is scoring and our offense isn't looking so hot.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Wrong. he is doing what he should be doing.

He's doing what he should have been doing last summer. A knee-jerk reaction based on an agents whining is another story. This also weakens his negotiating power if he feels pressured to make a move, meaning we may get next to nothing in return in a trade.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
He's doing what he should have been doing last summer. A knee-jerk reaction based on an agents whining is another story. This also weakens his negotiating power if he feels pressured to make a move, meaning we may get next to nothing in return in a trade.

Teams are in need of goaltending.. a return will not be an issue. It should be Jaro out of 3 anyway. Garth is making the right move by doing it before they demand a trade.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
So, how many more teams is Halak going to play on before his act gets old?

He played himself out of STL - they didn't believe in him so they tossed him at the deadline (remember he was on a playoff team).

He didn't endear himself in WAS by not wanting to play STL and didn't go much for them in the playoffs.

Isles scooped him up bc they needed a legit starter but realize he's kinda a drama queen.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This move makes sense if they're sure Sorokin is coming next year, if not its risky. Berube may indeed be an NHL caliber goalie but we have no idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad