GDT: Jan 21/13: HOME OPENER Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs | Sportsnet-O 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Why not keep the same lineup???? Ugh we only allowed one goal and ver few shots. Weird. I guess the new movement is on win or lose. Its to see how every joe plays.

Feel bad for Franson. Why did he re sign with this organization.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Holzer and Fraser coming in. Hopefully we play physical against Vanek.

I see us getting a lot more penalties than them this game around though.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
Franson was great on Saturday.

It's really inexcusable that he hasn't been given a legitimate opportunity yet. Feel for him.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
So after hearing Carlyle's addressing the defensemen situation, it makes a bit more sense now.

He mentioned us playing 4 games in 6 nights this week, and with the condensed schedule, the team needs to get used to rotating players in and out throughout the season.

He also mentioned that apparently Jake's close to returning, and he wanted to give all the defensemen (who earned their spot in training camp) a decent shot at showing their stuff before deciding who may get demoted.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm not sure if this question is allowed (mods forgive me) but does anyone know a site for a stream? I have Gamecenter but it's going to blacked out because I live in the area + I don't have cable.

G51 K81*

"Tony Ambrogio ‏@SNTonyAmbrogio
Mark Fraser tells me he is in the lineup tonight. #Leafs
Retweeted by David Alter"

:dunno:

Sounds like forward lines? Could be wrong though.

Edit: Guys on TSN are saying Fraser and Holzer are in.

Dr Turk

Jul 4, 2008
Toronto
Just froze my balls off at nathan philips square in hopes of landing some free tickets. Hopefully other people have better luck but it doesn't seem they have any more tickets to give. Was happily surprised by the amount of people there decked out in blue and white, apparently a few people camped out all night. :amazed:

Should be a good game tonight, don't agree with the lineup changes, Franson needs to have the coaches confidence if he's gonna do well this season. But I guess Carlyle is scared of the Sabres pushing us around.

Obligatory turk dancing gif:

turk-dance.gif

Let's do this ****.

goleafsgo.gif

Last edited:

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener
Just froze my balls off at nathan philips square in hopes of landing some free tickets. Hopefully other people have better luck but it doesn't seem they have any more tickets to give. Was happily surprised by the amount of people there decked out in blue and white, apparantly a few people camped out all night. :amazed:

Should be a good game tonight, don't agree with the lineup changes, Franson needs to have the coaches confidence if he's gonna do well this season. But I guess Carlyle is scared of the Sabres pushing us around.

Obligatory turk dancing gif:

turk-dance.gif

Let's do this ****.

goleafsgo.gif

:sarcasm: ?

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
I'm not sure if this question is allowed (mods forgive me) but does anyone know a site for a stream? I have Gamecenter but it's going to blacked out because I live in the area + I don't have cable.

There will most likely be links posted in the GDT once the game starts. You can PM me if you're interested in some such sites, though.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Not sure if I would change the line-up, Both Cody and Komi played well on Saturday. I'm sure Holzer or Fraser could've sat for another game. It's not like they need the practice they've been playing all year. I'm not sure what Franson has to do to get playing time here.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Anyone feel a trade could be in the works soon? I'm not sure what you do with Franson when he's playing one game sitting the next, playing, sitting, playing sitting. It happened last year too..If he's not going to play move him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's just 1 game boys, Carlyle likely just wants everyone to get in the lineup as quick as possible.

As for Steckel not getting in, he likely wants Orr in the lineup against Buffalo now that they are a tougher team

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Anyone feel a trade could be in the works soon? I'm not sure what you do with Franson when he's playing one game sitting the next, playing, sitting, playing sitting. It happened last year too..If he's not going to play move him.

Randy said it's important to rotate players (4 games in 6 nights) plus he wants to give Fraser/Holzer a proper chance because Gardiner is 100% and could soon return so we don't know who sticks after that.

My guess is that Kostka sticks (Carlyle loves him) and Holzer and Fraser...are potential New York Islanders..

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
As per the Carlyle press conference, the guys sitting have nothing to do with their performance, rather that he wants to rotate guys with so many games in so few nights with this condensed schedule.

One area that I noticed we didn't do well in against Montreal, was in the faceoffs. Bozak 42%, Grabs 35%, McClement and Kadri 33%... need to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad