Confirmed with Link: Jamie McGinn traded to Anaheim for cond. pick (UPD: 2016 3rd)

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
2 goals and 3 points his first two games. Getting limited minutes too. 16 goals on the season very likely he hits 20 this year. He is a great addition to a contenders top 9. The funny thing is McGinn is the type of player who would have matched or exceeded his production playing the same or lesser minutes then he got this year if it meant there were more scoring options ahead of him here. He will likely score at a better clip playing behind Getz, Perry, Rakell etc instead of being depended as one of the teams top 3-4 goal scorers like he was here for a bit. He was practically a throw in with RoR and then with Ennis being hurt all year and Girgs regressing big time McGinn was asked and depended on to be one of our biggest goal scorers and he didn't disappoint. He is without a doubt getting more then Beleskey and frankly is just too much to pay. But if he wants to accept 3.5-3.8 over 4-5 years? Then I'd welcome him back with open arms.
Ahhh, so that's how it transpired. Maybe the same requestor should have asked McGinn to have a ltitle defensive awareness. Or to invent one of those Star Trek medical gadgets Dr. McCoy used so that Ennis' brain could be healed.

You're right about one thing, and that's that he was a HUGE beneficiary of Ennis's injury. And I mean millions of dollars huge. Before Ennis went down he was playing on the 4th and people were screaming about how much he sucks. Ennis goes down, he gets to play in a top 6 role, and he's earned himself a big kid contract. Millions gained form that injury
Yeah, if Ennis never plays again from the concussions, McGinn should at least chaffeur him for grocery shopping, doctor appointments and the like during the offseason.

Good start for McGinn, hope the Ducks sign him long term.
Someone else posted in the around the NHL thread that he/she hopes someone else signs him within the Atlantic Division for $5M/year. I laughed.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Why would they be?
It's like the movie, Any given Sunday.
They had to pull their season out of the dumpster at the half way mark.
can that happen next season? Could other teams surpass them league wide? I don't see why not next season.

A late 2nd to me is 50-59 overall. Who's to say that pick isn't mid 2nd, 45-49 range?
The point is, we won't know until next season, which, according to my calender at least, is a long ways off yet.

They had a rough start. The Kings had to pull their season out of the dumpster the first year they won and only got better from there. Granted, there were big changes to coincide with that, but this happens every year with top teams having slow starts. Happens in every sport. The Ducks still have Getzlaf-Perry, Kesler, a strong D group, and strong goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad