Confirmed with Link: Jamie McGinn traded to Anaheim for cond. pick (UPD: 2016 3rd)

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I liked McGinn but I think we all knew this was the plan pretty much from day one. Wouldn't mind a phone call in the off season. But with Bailey coming up and others likely vying for that spot, he's always been slightly expendable as we have enough people for that role to gamble with. Pretty much on the money with what the expected return would probably be. Can't say Murray isn't transactional. If this thing flips into a 2nd, that's bananas. I'll be very happy with this trade. Solid addition for Anaheim.

The issue isn't Bailey, Fasching, et all.

The issue is more of the LW side...you have Kane, Girgensons,Ennis, and Foligno.

on RW: Reinhart, ???, Gionta, ???. ennis or Foligno could play right side and one of the kids could play too.

the problem is that there really isn't room for him unless Buffalo was to make a trade where they move 2 of Girgs, Larsson, Ennis, Foligno in the offseason for a LHD.

If they were to sign him it would've have to be 2 yrs or less to give the team flexibility and cap space.

The number 4x4 was thrown out. I'm not interested in that at all. I can see another Moulson situation with him.

Moulson as in him coming back or him coming back to a 5 yr contract??? I think the max contract is 2 yrs.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
The issue isn't Bailey, Fasching, et all.

The issue is more of the LW side...you have Kane, Girgensons,Ennis, and Foligno.

on RW: Reinhart, ???, Gionta, ???. ennis or Foligno could play right side and one of the kids could play too.

the problem is that there really isn't room for him unless Buffalo was to make a trade where they move 2 of Girgs, Larsson, Ennis, Foligno in the offseason for a LHD.

If they were to sign him it would've have to be 2 yrs or less to give the team flexibility and cap space.

Moulson as in him coming back or him coming back to a 5 yr contract??? I think the max contract is 2 yrs.

Ennis is better on the right side, and has been on the right side for the last 2 seasons...

room? Seriously?

XXXX-ROR-Reinhart
Grigs-Eichel-Ennis
Kane-Larsson-Gionta
Foligno-XXXX-XXXX
X Moulson

not to be confused with wanting mcginn back.... but him not being a very good hockey player is more than enough reason.... room has nothing to do with it.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Ennis is better on the right side, and has been on the right side for the last 2 seasons...

room? Seriously?

XXXX-ROR-Reinhart
Grigs-Eichel-Ennis
Kane-Larsson-Gionta
Foligno-XXXX-XXXX
X Moulson

not to be confused with wanting mcginn back.... but him not being a very good hockey player is more than enough reason.... room has nothing to do with it.

Exactly , Ennis is RW all the way. Man wish he was healthy all season and developed chemistry with Eichel.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Classic McGinn goal, too. Deflects a shot going wide, then collects his own rebound and puts it in. Good for him, hope he does well with Anaheim.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Anaheim got even with just over five minutes left in the period when new acquisition Jamie McGinn tipped a Hampus Lindholm feed on net and chipped in his own rebound.

Second Period - 14:28 - ANA - GOAL: Jamie McGinn (15) ASST: Hampus Lindholm (12), Josh Manson (7) 1-1 Tie.

Jamie McGinn quickly proved his worth in his first game after being acquired on Monday by Anaheim from Buffalo in exchange for a conditional 2016 third-round draft pick. "That’s definitely the way I wanted to start," McGinn said. "I wanted to play simple and hard. I definitely wanted to help out in a victory, and I’m glad we got it done at the end of the day."

Jamie McGinn Stats - 1 Goal - 0 Assist - 1 Point - 0 +/- - 0 PIM - 4 SOG - 3 HITS - 2 BLK - 0 GIVE - 0 TAKE - 0 FO - 1:45 TOI-PP - 0 TOI-SH - 15:35 TOI-GAME.
Jamie McGinn was named third star of the game.

Last edited:

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
@JamieMcGinn88: Don't blow your wad too soon. Save some for the playoffs. Sabres want the better draft pick. Thanks! @HFBoards_SabresFans

There is little difference between a late 3rd and a late 2nd. It's basically the same quality of player.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
There's a difference in terms of trade value, which is more than likely what will happen with that pick.

Hopefully. I actually kind of wanted them both in 2017. Could be used to aquire someone at the deadline.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Nice goal. He'll fit in very well with the Ducks because he will play with some good talent and have a very simple roll: retrieve pucks off the boards, go to the net, ka-ching. He also has the right build for the Western Conference.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Why wouldn't they be?
Why would they be?
It's like the movie, Any given Sunday.
They had to pull their season out of the dumpster at the half way mark.
can that happen next season? Could other teams surpass them league wide? I don't see why not next season.

A late 2nd to me is 50-59 overall. Who's to say that pick isn't mid 2nd, 45-49 range?
The point is, we won't know until next season, which, according to my calender at least, is a long ways off yet.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Why would they be?
It's like the movie, Any given Sunday.
They had to pull their season out of the dumpster at the half way mark.
can that happen next season? Could other teams surpass them league wide? I don't see why not next season.

A late 2nd to me is 50-59 overall. Who's to say that pick isn't mid 2nd, 45-49 range?
The point is, we won't know until next season, which, according to my calender at least, is a long ways off yet.

They've been first in their division every year since 2012-2013. Just because they had a cold start to the season doesn't mean that's going to repeat next season. There's no reason to think they won't be a top team again next year.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
2 goals and 3 points his first two games. Getting limited minutes too. 16 goals on the season very likely he hits 20 this year. He is a great addition to a contenders top 9. The funny thing is McGinn is the type of player who would have matched or exceeded his production playing the same or lesser minutes then he got this year if it meant there were more scoring options ahead of him here. He will likely score at a better clip playing behind Getz, Perry, Rakell etc instead of being depended as one of the teams top 3-4 goal scorers like he was here for a bit. He was practically a throw in with RoR and then with Ennis being hurt all year and Girgs regressing big time McGinn was asked and depended on to be one of our biggest goal scorers and he didn't disappoint. He is without a doubt getting more then Beleskey and frankly is just too much to pay. But if he wants to accept 3.5-3.8 over 4-5 years? Then I'd welcome him back with open arms.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
2 goals and 3 points his first two games. Getting limited minutes too. 16 goals on the season very likely he hits 20 this year. He is a great addition to a contenders top 9. The funny thing is McGinn is the type of player who would have matched or exceeded his production playing the same or lesser minutes then he got this year if it meant there were more scoring options ahead of him here. He will likely score at a better clip playing behind Getz, Perry, Rakell etc instead of being depended as one of the teams top 3-4 goal scorers like he was here for a bit. He was practically a throw in with RoR and then with Ennis being hurt all year and Girgs regressing big time McGinn was asked and depended on to be one of our biggest goal scorers and he didn't disappoint. He is without a doubt getting more then Beleskey and frankly is just too much to pay. But if he wants to accept 3.5-3.8 over 4-5 years? Then I'd welcome him back with open arms.

You're right about one thing, and that's that he was a HUGE beneficiary of Ennis's injury. And I mean millions of dollars huge. Before Ennis went down he was playing on the 4th and people were screaming about how much he sucks. Ennis goes down, he gets to play in a top 6 role, and he's earned himself a big kid contract. Millions gained form that injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad