Proposal: James VanRiemsdyk for Mikhail Sergachev

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
lol hes tied with radulov in points with 5 more goals(and you guys seem to love him).. i guess radulov is trash too? these boards are hilarious sometimes. people are so defensive :help:

Rads works for those points. He also backchecks.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
once Pacioretty and Pleky get going they wont need JVR that much... espeically to give up their best AND ONLY decent propect

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
To stay on top, you need up and coming prospects. Montreal is not trading away their future for the elusive goal or a small chance at winning the Cup.

Get through the expansion draft without losing important assets, keep your prospect pool and remain competitive.

So, no to JVR for Sergachev. That would be counter productive.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Would you like to bend over a little more for the Habs?

Give me a freakin break no way we retain and add a pick.

You do realise Leafs biggest need is defence right?

Edmonton gave up former 1st OA pick Hall just to get Larsson.

You have to give to get.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Rads works for those points. He also backchecks.

so one is trash and the other isnt? thats still ridiculious...ye JVR isnt good defensively and he more of finisher on his line than a driver. the statement is still 100% wrong. and lets wait until radulov has more than 20 games playing well, as i recall he has a history of being lazy and selfish and a bad locker room presence from his nashville days. JVR is a good teammate and puts up points. you can like one better than the other without saying dumb things.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
To stay on top, you need up and coming prospects. Montreal is not trading away their future for the elusive goal or a small chance at winning the Cup.

Get through the expansion draft without losing important assets, keep your prospect pool and remain competitive.

So, no to JVR for Sergachev. That would be counter productive.

Pretty sure the Subban for Weber trade signaled that they are indeed trading away their future for the elusive goal of winning a cup....

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
so one is trash and the other isnt? thats still ridiculious...ye JVR isnt good defensively and he more of finisher on his line than a driver. the statement is still 100% wrong. and lets wait until radulov has more than 20 games playing well, as i recall he has a history of being lazy and selfish and a bad locker room presence from his nashville days. JVR is a good teammate and puts up points. you can like one better than the other without saying dumb things.

As you recall?

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
To MTL: James VanRiemsdyk
To TOR: Mikhail Sergachev

Y/N?

No from a Montreal pov. I like JVR, but Sergachev is the heir apparent on the left side. He'll be there next year, and he'll be making an impact.

To get Sergachev, alone or as part of a package, requires an elite player coming back.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

He never would have been signed without Weber's blessing. After Bergevin acquired Shea, they spoke about Alexander. Any concerns Bergevin had were alievated by that conversation.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

LOL. You agree and then say my statement is 100% wrong.

Speaking of wrong, never has Rads been called lazy. Immature, sure. That's clearly behind him now.

You're not getting one of the best dman prospects for ****ing JVR. We're also looking for rentals because of the expansion draft.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
As you recall?

wasnt he suspended in the playoffs by nashville? and had his captaincy stripped in the KHL too? anyways..i never followed him much back then but there were problems with him i believe. anyways my point was to illustrate that neither are perfect players who put up similar points. so saying one is trash and the other isnt is factually incorrect :(

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I would think Montreal says no but we'll see how badly they want to win this year. My thoughts are that their window is closing but I could be wrong.

galchenyuk 22
gallagher 24
price in his ear;y prime at 29
pacioretty 28
shaw 25
lehkonen 21
etc...

studs in juulsen and sergachev..
could use another top end young forward but no, window isn't closing. sorry

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
As a Habs fan, I don't get the hate that players like JVR and Kadri get. They're excellent players... I'm very excited to see the Maple Leafs flourish with their young core, with Babcock and Lamoriello (and Shanahan). I think they'll be a threat soon enough, and I'll be happy for their fans. They waited a long, long time for this. Of course that doesn't mean I want them to beat the Habs, hehe.

Personally, I wouldn't trade Sergachev for JVR, just because if anything, I'd want to trade Sergachev + for a great LD or a great C.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Pretty sure the Subban for Weber trade signaled that they are indeed trading away their future for the elusive goal of winning a cup....

yeah cause 3 1/2 year difference is certainly a 'win now' trade. Weber's game translates into 5-6 more quality years. Chara is playing at 40

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Abstract value is about fair. Whether or not either team does this is another matter.

Curious to see Habs fans talk about futures as being of key importance for their team: the two pillars of Weber and Price are at the very peaks of their prime - would assume that now would be the time to maximize their chances of a deep playoff run

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I mean, Sergachev is a nice dman prospect but he's hardly a surefire top pairing guy.

The Habs are trying to win a cup right now, no?

ummm really? research the past dmen that have won best defenseman in the OHL. Serge is youngest to ever win it

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Abstract value is about fair. Whether or not either team does this is another matter.

Curious to see Habs fans talk about futures as being of key importance for their team: the two pillars of Weber and Price are at the very peaks of their prime - would assume that now would be the time to maximize their chances of a deep playoff run

habs have several young pieces that will keep team competitive for a long time. the LAST team i want to trade a potential future top pairing dman is concerned is the leafs. you want a piece like Sergachev? let's talk about your young forwards. not interested in JVR for our best prospect. trade him elsewhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad