Proposal: Jakub Vrana for a draft pick

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
shoot me a number , 1 through 224 . whats he worth to you in the form of one draft pick ?
the earlier of chicago's two second round draft picks this year (both theirs and vegas they have so likely their own), projects to be right around 45OA?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He’s arbitration eligible. The cap is tight. I don’t see many teams giving an offer because or arbitration uncertainty. There is a big question in him away from linemates and how he plays.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
the earlier of chicago's two second round draft picks this year (both theirs and vegas they have so likely their own), projects to be right around 45OA?
dude ive hated every citizen of chicago since the 70s when stan makita used to slash the hell outta my red wings . next came hack n slash chelios whom the ding bat holland actually traded for . now after that offer of a mid second comes hawkytalk lol . i even hated that punk band chicago lmao . but i do admit i liked bobby hull

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
He’s arbitration eligible. The cap is tight. I don’t see many teams giving an offer because or arbitration uncertainty. There is a big question in him away from linemates and how he plays.
yes no doubt that playing with backstrom anybody could rack up 25g . ive never seen beyond youtube since trade . but the guys got wheels and a wicked wrist shot , exciting player .

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I said it before he got traded and this is only one fans opinion and I'm sure every NJD fan has their own opinion, but I'd trade that NYI 1st for him.
the thing i like about him even if he isnt an all around player is the exciting plays his wheels and shot create . plus you can see he loves to score , very hungry player . thats what i think caused the riff with lavolette , vrana a very hungry and confident player that couldnt stand being held back by his coach

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I said it before he got traded and this is only one fans opinion and I'm sure every NJD fan has their own opinion, but I'd trade that NYI 1st for him.

I really wanted him once it seemed like things were souring with Lavi. He's a perfect fit along either Nico or Jack. I'd move that pick for him as well

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I really wanted him once it seemed like things were souring with Lavi. He's a perfect fit along either Nico or Jack. I'd move that pick for him as well
So you’re both saying Vrana is the equivalent (technically less) in value of a rental in Palm + Zajac? Vrana has two years of cost control. Your current first is projected at 6 OVR based on the current standings so I’d wager you wouldn’t want to move it and I’m going to assume your 2022 1st is off limits also? Doesn’t make a ton of sense for Detroit.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Flames could use his speed. If we continue to play well out of a top 10 spot, I’d gladly give up my teens pick for him.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
What contending team would he crack the top 6? He’s a liability on defense and a true contender wouldn’t get best value for Jake because he’ll be glued to the bench all third period when a team sits on a lead. IMO he needs a real situation with a team who invests in him or else he’s just going to be a Duclair or Grabner type. Is that worth a first? Maybe. He’s about to be paid like a first liner.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I don’t think Vrana has the value that people are giving him.

Player A, 25 years old: 294 GP, 83 goals, 71 assists , 0.52 PPG

Player B: 25 years old: 284 GP, 76 goals, 81 assists, 0.55 PPG

Excellent skater who’s calling card is scoring on the rush and possesses a plus shot. Even strength G per 60 numbers are fantastic, but consistently gets limited minutes. Has had consistency and defensive issues through the years which has caused benchings and the limited ice time.

Player A is Athanasiou at the time he was traded from Detroit, Player B is Vrana. The description fits both of them

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He is a 20-goal-scorer. 15th OA easily. Lower than that isn't likely to land you an equal player. 10-15 overall seems fair.

This feels right.

He’s really skilled and let’s wait and see how he adjusts in Detroit. He’s kind of at a career crossroads where you can see him either becoming a core piece there or eventually being flipped for more prospect capital. Neither scenario would surprise.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
So you’re both saying Vrana is the equivalent (technically less) in value of a rental in Palm + Zajac? Vrana has two years of cost control. Your current first is projected at 6 OVR based on the current standings so I’d wager you wouldn’t want to move it and I’m going to assume your 2022 1st is off limits also? Doesn’t make a ton of sense for Detroit.

Our own picks in 2021 and 2022 are elite assets and there's no way, we would give them up for just Vrana.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I don’t think Vrana has the value that people are giving him.

Player A, 25 years old: 294 GP, 83 goals, 71 assists , 0.52 PPG

Player B: 25 years old: 284 GP, 76 goals, 81 assists, 0.55 PPG

Excellent skater who’s calling card is scoring on the rush and possesses a plus shot. Even strength G per 60 numbers are fantastic, but consistently gets limited minutes. Has had consistency and defensive issues through the years which has caused benchings and the limited ice time.

Player A is Athanasiou at the time he was traded from Detroit, Player B is Vrana. The description fits both of them

Interesting comp but I’d point out a third of AA’s career goals came in one season that looks like a total anomaly. As frustrating as he is, Vrana is clearly around a 25 goal, 50 point season at the end of a season in since he hit his prime.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Interesting comp but I’d point out a third of AA’s career goals came in one season that looks like a total anomaly. As frustrating as he is, Vrana is clearly around a 25 goal, 50 point season at the end of a season in since he hit his prime.

a third of Vrana’s goals came last year. Weird point to make for someone who was traded at 25

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Our own picks in 2021 and 2022 are elite assets and there's no way, we would give them up for just Vrana.
Considering the premise of this thread is to determine the value in a single pick (doesn’t have to belong to NJ) I’m merely questioning the thought process of how they determined that pick. I even said that NJ’s first rounder is probably off the table nor do we know where your 2022 pick will fall.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
AA turns 27 in 4 months, Vrana turned 25, 2 months ago.

AA hits 20 once and 30 once in adjusted goals. Vrana has 24, 30, and 22(this season).

Vrana is better than AA, not a comparison. Vrana stays healthy and that is why the games are similar despite AA's additional season.

Either way, if I could trust RBA to play him enough with his defensive issues, I would give up a pick + for an extended Vrana too put that speed in Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad