Player Discussion Jakub Jerabek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
While Jerabek has not produced any points I have been impressed with his play, especially how quickly he moves the puck. Seems like a player who has developed into an NHL Dman.
Plays the right side well.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Don't know if he will ever be a competent top 4, but he makes for an excellent #5 IMO.

Would not be displeased if we start next year with a third paring of Jerabek and a steady veteran a la Benn, Oduya, Weaver or wtv.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Don't know if he will ever be a competent top 4, but he makes for an excellent #5 IMO.

Would not be displeased if we start next year with a third paring of Jerabek and a steady veteran a la Benn, Oduya, Weaver or wtv.

If he re-signs... The key right now is getting him a lot of ice time. Both so he re-signs and so he can continue to adapt to the north american game. He's adapted quickly, but he still should get better with more experience.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You can already see he's getting used to the NHL pace and rink size. And as a result, Julien has been leaning on him more. Since the Florida game, he hasn't played less than 18 minutes. And on some of those games, he was the second or third most used defenseman.

I do hope Habs extend him.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He's a keeper IMO, ideally he's on your 3rd pair next year, but he could surprise and be a 30-40 point a year guy who doesn't hurt you defensively.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He's definitely a guy who should be playing regularly on this blueline.

I think he's an nhler, and would find a contract somewhere else in this league if he doesn't want to come back here.

I don't know if I see a 2nd pairing guy, but he would be a real nice 3rd pairing guy who can play some PP minutes. Maybe my opinion changes as he plays more games, and I would like to see more of him going forward.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I don't see all the hype about this kid....he is an average 5-6 D man who are a dime a dozen.....not sure why we had to go to europe to find one, when the league is littered with them

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I don't see all the hype about this kid....he is an average 5-6 D man who are a dime a dozen.....not sure why we had to go to europe to find one, when the league is littered with them

He plays a smart game and has some untapped offensive potential. I think you are judging a player very harshly when he is playing in a bad environment and it's his first year of North American hockey. I think he could be a very solid piece moving forward.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

He has a much better hockey IQ than your average 5-6 dman. Needed, and still needs, some adjusting to NA game but he has top 4 upside.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Would love to see this D corpse moving forward (this is assuming Alzner is movable):

Mete - Weber
Jerabek - Petry
Schlemko - Juulsen

Yes and get rid of JJD at the same time so we don't have to watch these guys continually being directed to their weak sides. I'm honestly totally fed up with it. It hasn't worked defensively for Three FN Years Daigneault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad