Player Discussion Jakob Silfverberg II

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Silf meant a lot more to the org than Bobby. Honestly kinda crazy to think that when you look back at their respective stature in 2013. Silf was in no way a sure thing to hack it in the big leagues despite a nice rookie year with the Sens. Really a testament to how far strong hockey sense can take you.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I will miss him a lot, a hallmark member of the mid to late 2010s teams.

So while I’m sad to see him go I’m happy for him because he is clearly incredibly content with his decision… it’s the right one for him at this stage.

As dr suess wisely said don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I dunno what I didn't realize this before, but Silf returning to Brynas means it is possible he's going to be playing with Ducks' prospect G Damian Clara! So we won't have to let go of Ooh Ahh, Silfy! Or at least I won't since I track our prospects on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Jakob-Silfverberg.jpg
Every time an old timer retires we all age more than we want to admit. Thanks for the memories Silf.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I dunno what I didn't realize this before, but Silf returning to Brynas means it is possible he's going to be playing with Ducks' prospect G Damian Clara! So we won't have to let go of Ooh Ahh, Silfy! Or at least I won't since I track our prospects on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.
Clara signed with Färjestads BK for next season IIRC. Saw it a week ago or so.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
aside from the OT goal against the oilers, i think my favorite silfverberg memory is how automatic he was at shootouts for a few years there

also stepped up big in the WCF runs in 15 and 17

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Clara signed with Färjestads BK for next season IIRC. Saw it a week ago or so.

Well damn. Even EP already has it up for Clara. ::: sighs :::

Then I'll just be happy for Silf and his family. His kids will be going to school where he went to school and that's amazing. Good luck, Ooh Ahh, Silfverberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad