Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Going to be interesting where Paul goes from here. I think selectively choosing beatable MMA fighters has probably run it's course. They put Fury there to build up that fight but judging from what I saw tonight that's probably actually a step back in competition from Tyron. Wouldn't be surprised if he just boxes a celebrity or something in the next few months and calls it quits.

Reactions: ryerockarola

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
It sounds like Paul possibly had an anxiety attack before the fight. He mentioned his legs feeling weird in a way he'd never felt before.

If he was able to go 8 rounds while experiencing something like that I've gained new respect for him.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
It sounds like Paul possibly had an anxiety attack before the fight. He mentioned his legs feeling weird in a way he'd never felt before.

If he was able to go 8 rounds while experiencing something like that I've gained new respect for him.

I think it was just the batteries in the LCD screens on his shorts giving him a little tingle.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

It sounded like he was making excuses to his performance.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
If you've never experienced it you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

When I was a kid I traveled all over the country playing violin in solo and orchestral concerts. One night, right before I had to walk out on stage, my legs suddenly felt like rubber. I didn't even know what an anxiety attack was at the time.

It was the worst feeling in the world, almost traumatizing to this day. I don't know how I made it though the performance. I still remember the piece I played that night, a violin concerto by a guy named Conus, but I don't remember anything about actually playing it.

I've had other panic and anxiety attacks throughout the course of my life but none as bad as that one. They can be debilitating.

Reactions: dss97

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He just keeps winning :yo: My man!!!!

He may have won on scorecards but it’s a big L towards his hype. The whole talk of he’s elite, he can destroy mma fighters, etc…

If he fought an mma striker he’s toast. Forget fighting an actual talented boxing pro. This guy is talking about canelo and top end guys. Not a chance.

Sep 19, 2008
He may have won on scorecards but it’s a big L towards his hype. The whole talk of he’s elite, he can destroy mma fighters, etc…

If he fought an mma striker he’s toast. Forget fighting an actual talented boxing pro. This guy is talking about canelo and top end guys. Not a chance.
Fighting Tommy Fury would be a pretty good test and one he could conceivably lose. Wonder if Jake wants to test himself that much. Tommy looked a bit sluggish too in his American debut but still won.

Jake's made his name so far beating old dudes most of the time so fighting someone like Tommy Fury who also captures that charisma factor would be a huge step.

Sep 19, 2008

This is the fight everyone wants to see. Logan fought floyd. Jake fought 2 washed mma fighters. Fury is a professional boxer and no pushover. He is 7-0 if I recall compared to Paul's 4-0. He's also fought stiffer competition.

I didn't even stay up for the Woodley fight or pirate anything... But I can tell you if those two go at it in the ring I will give my 60 bucks. That'd be a great match.

Reactions: MessierII

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
If you've never experienced it you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

When I was a kid I traveled all over the country playing violin in solo and orchestral concerts. One night, right before I had to walk out on stage, my legs suddenly felt like rubber. I didn't even know what an anxiety attack was at the time.

It was the worst feeling in the world, almost traumatizing to this day. I don't know how I made it though the performance. I still remember the piece I played that night, a violin concerto by a guy named Conus, but I don't remember anything about actually playing it.

I've had other panic and anxiety attacks throughout the course of my life but none as bad as that one. They can be debilitating.
I've had of plenty of experience dealing with anxiety attacks and I highly doubt an attention whore douche bag like Jake Paul has anxiety problems. He was making excuses plain and simple.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Shame that Fury had to pull out. That would have been fun to watch.

Instead we get a rematch
Paul and Fury are both awful boxers so I'm not sure how fun it would've been to watch. Paul getting knocked out would be fun to watch tho.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Says a lot about the state of boxing that this fight gets its own thread but no one posted a thing about the slugfest between Davis and Cruz two weeks ago. Nothing against anyone here - just the fact that Jake Paul can overshadow boxing's biggest stars is just sad.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I understand that he can be genetically gifted, have unlimited resources and an athletic/combat/wrestling background, however- it’s almost somewhat inspirational how a kid can just beat a top three all time welterweight.

I know Woodley is obviously past his prime and is the smaller man and wasn’t known for his striking, however the fact that he’s in there with a killer and top three welterweight of all time is crazy to even think about. Let alone beating him already.

member 51464

I understand that he can be genetically gifted, have unlimited resources and an athletic/combat/wrestling background, however- it’s almost somewhat inspirational how a kid can just beat a top three all time welterweight.

I know Woodley is obviously past his prime and is the smaller man and wasn’t known for his striking, however the fact that he’s in there with a killer and top three welterweight of all time is crazy to even think about. Let alone beating him already.
Woodley came from a wrestling background and was an utter shell of his former self in his last few UFC fights. A younger, taller guy without the kind of miles that Woodley had being so much better is really not that surprising.

Woodley is 39. He was a welterweight in an entirely different sport. I mean, Paul did what he had to and got the split decision win, but I do think you are overstating how impressive it was.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad