Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
MMA fighters need to realize in UFC you're awarded for pressure. In boxing its much more straight forward. You land more, you probably win.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Do they take ring control and advancing into account in boxing scoring? That’s the only thing I can think of to justify scoring it for Woodley.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Feel like Tyron threw the fight. Jake looked more gas than a white woman who just ate authentic Mexican food for the first time.

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
A lot of people on here clearly influenced by the biased broadcast. Woodley won every round after the 3rd
Yeah the broadcast crew was really pumping Paul's tires tonight but I still felt he probably won more rounds (although I didn't bother to score that sideshow).

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Feel like Tyron threw the fight. Jake looked more gas than a white woman who just ate authentic Mexican food for the first time.

Definitely felt like if he applied more pressure after that 4th round he could’ve got a finish. Jake looked gassed and Woodley just wasn’t throwing enough volume.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Knowing and watching what prime Woodley was, and then seeing how his UFC career ended and then this... man.. has there been a more disappointing fighter? I know age catches up to all athletes but where'd his killer instinct go?

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Definitely felt like if he applied more pressure after that 4th round he could’ve got a finish. Jake looked gassed and Woodley just wasn’t throwing enough volume.
Jake is a money machine for the sport, I can’t lie I wouldn’t have tuned in tonight if he wasn’t fighting. There’s too much at stake. No one can convince me Askren didn’t throw the last fight.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Woodley just called out Paul for immediate rematch. Paul said get the tattoo "I love Jake Paul" tonight (from previous bet) and there's a rematch on (pending tattoo). What a sideshow lol

Woodley said he thought he won the fight and told Paul if the ropes weren't 7 feet tall Paul would've gone through the ropes.

Paul won the fight 1st 3 rounds outboxed Woodley. Woodley has to throw more next time but he's not a boxer. If he lands a power shot like in the 4th the fight got interesting, boring up until then. Woodley says he should've been able knock him out, then don't showboat like when you hurt Paul like in the 4th but really go for the finish

Paul should fight Tommy Fury next, it's free entertainment

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Woodley is known for being gun shy since he lost his title. He has no more killer instinct.

The coaches actually pushed him which is a miracle but end of the day he can't set up his shots. He needs more than walking a guy down. That words in MMA because you can clinch and grapple but if the guy runs in boxing, you're stuck.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Knowing and watching what prime Woodley was, and then seeing how his UFC career ended and then this... man.. has there been a more disappointing fighter? I know age catches up to all athletes but where'd his killer instinct go?
Thats what I dont get.

He used to be an absolute savage going in there to try and get people to leave in a body bag.

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
15 seconds into round one and I remembered why I dislike boxing and knew this fight would probably go the distance.

It's the only sport where fighting not to lose is a legitimate strategy. This always seems to happen in these sideshow fights when the opponents are somewhat competent. They're looking more towards their payday and trying not to get embarrassed on their way there.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Thats what I dont get.

He used to be an absolute savage going in there to try and get people to leave in a body bag.

I remember when GSP came back and beat Bisping for the middleweight belt and there was talk of whether he would stick around and defend it against Whitaker or go back to welterweight and challenge Woodley. People were split on his chances against Whitaker and pretty unanimous not to fight Woodley. Guy was a beast.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Thats what I dont get.

Life happens.

Dude, everyone goes through phases.

The guy was hungry, he had something to prove.

He actually believed he was the best WW of all time.

He made it. He became an mma analyst, he was on TMZ, he started making rap.

Then he lost his title and spent years trying to be the guy who was hungry but he made it, at least he felt he did. The hunger is gone and thats all it is. He's no longer a savage.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

Watching Tyron tonight and in his last few fights other than the Luque fight I realized Tony Ferguson is currently on the same exact path. Did he even throw a punch against either Oliveira or Dariush? This from a guy who was the stuff of nightmares two years ago.

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Thats what I dont get.

Nah, the thing about Woodley is that he's a purely defensive fighter waiting for the one-punch counter KO. If he gets the KO, he looks like a savage. If he doesn't get it, he's contempt to wait for another opportunity at range. Always has been.

The difference between now and then is the rate of him landing that perfect shot has been lowered.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Nah, the thing about Woodley is that he's a purely defensive fighter waiting for the one-punch counter KO. If he gets the KO, he looks like a savage. If he doesn't get it, he's contempt to wait for another opportunity at range. Always has been.

The difference between now and then is the rate of him landing that perfect shot has been lowered.

The Yoel Romero technique.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad