Speculation: Jake Guentzel: Lets have at it

Jake Guentzel:

• Total voters

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Sully's getting fired, Jarry's getting traded, and Carter's sitting in the press box before Jake gets traded.

Comparison to Neal-Hornqvist is dumb also.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don’t think Jake and Horvat are equivalents.

We also would be retaining 50% on Jake.

My expectation would be something like a 1st, 2nd, Bourque and Marchment out of Dallas.
I've mentioned that deal in a couple posts. I think its spot on for the type of deal we need to target. Marchment makes $4.5mil so we may not be able to retain as much on Jake as we'd like. Certainly it could be 50% if it was Bourque, 1st, and 2nd but like so many other teams, we don't have a lot of space. Still though, retaining $1.5mil on Jake is still good value for Dallas.

Another similar of interest could be: Arvidsson, Turcotte, 2025 1st. Not sure how long Arvidsson is out but you could use the LTIR. Just spitballing but if he's on LTIR at the TDL, you could use the space to facilitate other moves as well. Maybe even act as a third party to retain salary for an asset back. I would be looking to recoup an asset or two looking ahead to 2025 when we would have to presumably give up the 1st. If you could do that but get Turcotte and say 20-25th OV, I think it's palpable situation.

I also wouldn't be shy about dangling Jake to New York if we are truly out of it. I still think you could get Lafreniere or Kakko and a 1st out of them. A fresh start for either of those two could be really good. I really like Kakko's game come playoff time so he might actually help on that front once we are back in the game.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I've mentioned that deal in a couple posts. I think its spot on for the type of deal we need to target. Marchment makes $4.5mil so we may not be able to retain as much on Jake as we'd like. Certainly it could be 50% if it was Bourque, 1st, and 2nd but like so many other teams, we don't have a lot of space. Still though, retaining $1.5mil on Jake is still good value for Dallas.

Another similar of interest could be: Arvidsson, Turcotte, 2025 1st. Not sure how long Arvidsson is out but you could use the LTIR. Just spitballing but if he's on LTIR at the TDL, you could use the space to facilitate other moves as well. Maybe even act as a third party to retain salary for an asset back. I would be looking to recoup an asset or two looking ahead to 2025 when we would have to presumably give up the 1st. If you could do that but get Turcotte and say 20-25th OV, I think it's palpable situation.

I also wouldn't be shy about dangling Jake to New York if we are truly out of it. I still think you could get Lafreniere or Kakko and a 1st out of them. A fresh start for either of those two could be really good. I really like Kakko's game come playoff time so he might actually help on that front once we are back in the game.

I don't think LA or NYR are targeting LWs IMO.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don't think LA or NYR are targeting LWs IMO.
Fair, though Jake has played some RW in his career. If it's NYR, you run Panarin, Kreider, Jake down the left and that's a pretty potent left side.

Trade for Jake, sign Kane.

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Patrick Kane
Artemi Panarin -- Filip Chytil -- Alexis Lafreniere
Jake Guentzel -- Vincent Trocheck -- Blake Wheeler
Barclay Goodrow -- Nick Bonino -- Jimmy Vesey

That's a nice forward group for it costing Kakko and 1st. Who knows, we may even be interested in take Goodrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad