Injury Report: Jake Gardiner, LTIR, Back and Hip Surgery

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Hey guys, I found video footage of Jake Gardiner from this week:

Undertaker gif.gif

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Jake Gardiner, hockey player, a man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic defenseman. Jake Gardiner will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

(start at 2:03)

edit: for the record, I'd be surprised to see him in a Canes jersey next season

Last edited:

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Jake Gardiner, hockey player, a man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic defenseman. Jake Gardiner will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

(start at 2:03)

Probably will end up looking more like this:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Gets worse when you are watching guys thinking "didn't I see him before" and realize it's a dude's father that you have memories of. :wally:
yeah there's seemingly about 8-10 kids on the football team where I went for undergrad that have me going "OK I had English 102 with this guy's dad, Comm 200, ... I think this guy's dad was Poly Sci, and these others I just drank with"

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Only tangentially related but that reminds me of a time I was at a stick and puck and the only other person out there was this kid who was probably 10 or 11. He had one half of the ice and I had one half and we didn't really interact but it was obvious he was good- just dipsy doodling all over the place, going bar down every time he shot, stopping on a dime, the whole thing. I took a water break and was standing by the bench where my bottle was just thinking like "damn I'm so old and slow" and he skated over and asked if I could open his Gatorade for him, the lid was too tight.

Last edited:

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Legit curious if Gardiner can be a JM Liles for us next year or if his body completely falls apart and he Wisniewskis himself after one shift. Kind of a huge deal as it's $4M in cap, and the difference between him being a PP 2nd unit QB and an anchor can mean the difference between us winning the Metro or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad