Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Jake who loved hockey.

38A311F0-44D7-4F3E-8ED2-E0A0FE399780.gif

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Exactly what I thought was going to happen. Everybody was saying "trade him with a sweetener" except for me. Something about the whole situation screamed LTIR. They went through the whole buyout deadline without buying him out. They then went out and acquired 4 defensemen via trade and free agency to fill three top-6 holes on the blueline. A month later, they gave Svech a mammoth extension and then went over the cap to acquire Kotkaniemi via offer sheet. I hope Gardiner's OK, I still like him a lot as a player.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
He had a stretch of about 10 games last year where he seemed to be in good shape and played like the guy we were hoping for, and that was nice to see- but 10 games ain't it for 2 seasons. Hopefully the surgeries can get his career back on track, you hate to see a career end that way.

I was concerned the direction this would take if Gardiner could play, but would need 1-2 games off to recover from each game because of his back injury. You can argue he can still “play” and contribute, but you can also argue that once a week isn’t sufficient availability.

Sounds like that debate has been avoided.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Exactly what I thought was going to happen. Everybody was saying "trade him with a sweetener" except for me. Something about the whole situation screamed LTIR. They went through the whole buyout deadline without buying him out. They then went out and acquired 4 defensemen via trade and free agency to fill three top-6 holes on the blueline. A month later, they gave Svech a mammoth extension and then went over the cap to acquire Kotkaniemi via offer sheet. I hope Gardiner's OK, I still like him a lot as a player.

Congratulations, you win.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Sucks for Gardiner since he seems like a genuine good dude and teammate. When healthy he was a good contributor but just so few and far between.

Get the surgery and get healthy. Maybe he can come back to the game one day and be a positive player but at the very least hopefully he can have a regular life after the game without chronic pain.

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
Looking at our defense this year i dont really like it , i did think gardiner played very well 2 playoffs ago now that Bean is gone , you guys know i didnt like hamilton , so for me its good riddance , dont like Deangelo , what if we took Chara as our 6 th/7th defensemen at a Minimum salary , or even at 1 M , he could play like 12 mins a game , and put him in front of the goalie on the 2nd powerplay like he did in Ottawa , rather have Chara than Smith , i do believe with Gardiner on LTIR we have like 1.3 mil to play with , what you guys think

Reactions: WreckingCrew

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
I HAD LITERALLY NO IDEA WHO YOU WERE UNTIL I LOOKED UP YOUR 22 MESSAGES WORTH OF POST HISTORY.

NOW YOU ARE... THE GUY FROM BEAN THREAD.

I was much more active way back like the keith primeau days not sure if same forum chats so not sure if i lost my old account or just not the same site and i took a break Since the Karmanos years , i do enjoy our Team chats even tho im far away from Carolina , been a fans since the 86s playoffs when they took out the nordiques , there some names here i remember which is great , AS a Canadian , living in Canada not a Canadiens fan lol it makes me laugh when i see thing like Carolina should move , other than main cities , Carolina has a very strong fan base even tho most are football and Nascar fan first , gratz its been almost 25 yrs , wish 25 more years at least

so yeah i might have pissed off alot with the Hamilton , hes too fragile , remember that interview in Boston where he was asked how he felt after the Bruins didnt want him , right there i knew we would lose that series and the next year against those bruins he played very badly , i believe he might put some similar points in NJ but he will be in the minus column for sure

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I was much more active way back like the keith primeau days not sure if same forum chats so not sure if i lost my old account or just not the same site and i took a break Since the Karmanos years , i do enjoy our Team chats even tho im far away from Carolina , been a fans since the 86s playoffs when they took out the nordiques , there some names here i remember which is great , AS a Canadian , living in Canada not a Canadiens fan lol it makes me laugh when i see thing like Carolina should move , other than main cities , Carolina has a very strong fan base even tho most are football and Nascar fan first , gratz its been almost 25 yrs , wish 25 more years at least

so yeah i might have pissed off alot with the Hamilton , hes too fragile , remember that interview in Boston where he was asked how he felt after the Bruins didnt want him , right there i knew we would lose that series and the next year against those bruins he played very badly , i believe he might put some similar points in NJ but he will be in the minus column for sure
I DON'T JUDGE YOUR LOYALTY, BUT YES THIS IS A DIFFERENT SITE OR ACCOUNT, BECAUSE THIS ONE IS FROM 2018 AND HAS VERY LITTLE HISTORY.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011

You remind me of someone from one of the incarnations of scout/fanhome/whatever. Think they were like whiskey whiskers or something.

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
You remind me of someone from one of the incarnations of scout/fanhome/whatever. Think they were like whiskey whiskers or something.
yes u remember me , so .. you gonna hug or punch me out lol

there was a guy named Bear something , i think he was from Canada also and moved down there , i might be wrong 15 yrs ago is a long time

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
True fan
If you're a Canes fan, you're alright with me. Worst case is poking fun at you if warranted.
True fan , im Near Ottawa , so i could have been a Sens , Habs, Leafs and back then a Nordiques fan , but i chose Whalers , my Idol was Kevin Dineen , and Ulfie , i wasnt good enough to skate but did play in a ball hockey league(ice rink) against much older guys i was 15 or 16 , and i played dirty like Ulf Samuelsson , until they asked me to leave the team cause i have gonna start a brawl with my style of play (no contact league ) so great memories as a Whalers fan and stuck with the move. And i dont mind making fun at , im also a kidder , im not always right lol , i was wrong about the Primeau /Brindy trade , and Brindy is a hometown boy , what was your nickname on Fanhome/scout? Aho wasnt even born lol

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
True fan

True fan , im Near Ottawa , so i could have been a Sens , Habs, Leafs and back then a Nordiques fan , but i chose Whalers , my Idol was Kevin Dineen , and Ulfie , i wasnt good enough to skate but did play in a ball hockey league(ice rink) against much older guys i was 15 or 16 , and i played dirty like Ulf Samuelsson , until they asked me to leave the team cause i have gonna start a brawl with my style of play (no contact league ) so great memories as a Whalers fan and stuck with the move. And i dont mind making fun at , im also a kidder , im not always right lol , i was wrong about the Primeau /Brindy trade , and Brindy is a hometown boy , what was your nickname on Fanhome/scout? Aho wasnt even born lol
Honestly can't remember my handle from those days. I didn't post a ton compared to these days anyways.

Back to Gards, might be worth keeping in mind that some teams have chosen to acquire guys on LTIR for roster players. We have options at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad