Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orr2Neely8

Apr 15, 2010
Raynham
Kid's very mature in his game ( and person)...really "gets" it .
Can't remember , but wasn't he one of the 3 draft kids that failed the fitness testing a few years back ?
looks like one of the Fittest B's right now for sure....what a motor !

Last edited:

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I watched this kid in junior with Swift Current. You could tell he was a gamer. Had 42 goals one year and the hockey IQ was there. I really hope his mom and dad were there last night. 5 goals in his first 7 playoff games. WOW.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Man was he fantastic for us last night, and all series for that matter. Kid has a serious motor, looks like he really has that drive to excel. I was critical of the pick at the time but I am certainly eating my words. Kid looks like he gonna be a damn good player for us.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
63 37 88
74-46-43
17-42-XX

could be a center in JFK or a winger in Bjork IMO>

I was looking at CapFriendly, and JFK is an RFA after next season, while Bjork is an RFA in 2020-2021. Unless Bjork blows it out of the water in TC, I could definitely see them starting him in the AHL, seeing he missed a lot of time with that injury. Bruins need to see JFK and after a full season in the AHL where he's been pretty productive, it would be a good spot at 3LC with Backes and either Donato/Heinen.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He is 6-3 and his skating is elite, has a great shot and some moxie. He's in an organization that is churning out 2+ NHL regulars per season now. I watched Langenbrunner and Pandolo for 100's of games over their career and have faith in them to teach him the nuances of the game. I would really keep him in Providence the whole season, line 1, first unit PP and have him contend for a spot 19-20. He will still only be 22 then (we are spoiled with our young guys breaking in early)

Seny finished strong down at Prov. Hope he has a good playoffs.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Just a gutsy move to score that winner. He knew he was going to rocked but he slipped it through the 5 hole just before he was hit.

Thanks Jake! Signed a Bruins fan in Leaf land......

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Debrusk isnt a prospect anymore, you can pencil him into the 2nd line for years to come.

What an absolutely phenomenal pick from Sweeney.
Another example of taking it easy when prospects are working on their game in Providence. I saw him last year he was nothing to write about. The only thing that I did notice was he just kept motoring. Towards the end, his game was way better.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Hands of this DeBrusk were made to score goals

“I think my celebration said it by itself. I was on my knees and just couldn’t believe it went in,” said DeBrusk
He was asked if he had seen either of his father’s two playoff tallies.
“I actually saw a thing on NHL (Network) where they replayed (old playoff) series, and he was playing for Phoenix,” DeBrusk said in the postgame locker room scrum. “I think I saw one where he scored from the red line. So ... sniper.”
Then the owner of 16 regular season goals continued, “But no, I’m very proud of my dad. We like to joke about it now, but I don’t joke with him. He’s a lot stronger than me.”

:laugh::laugh:

I think Jake is a keeper. :)

Reactions: Krupp

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Just a gutsy move to score that winner. He knew he was going to rocked but he slipped it through the 5 hole just before he was hit.

Thanks Jake! Signed a Bruins fan in Leaf land......

According to his dad who was just interviewed on Sportsnet, Jake told him he was trying to go upstairs on the GWG.

Also told him that between the 2nd and 3rd periods, the vets stood up and said "let's keep this going because we won't all be here next season."

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
According to his dad who was just interviewed on Sportsnet, Jake told him he was trying to go upstairs on the GWG.

Also told him that between the 2nd and 3rd periods, the vets stood up and said "let's keep this going because we won't all be here next season."

He seems to be able to absorb a lot of what the vets toss his way.

Upstairs, five hole .... Makes no difference to me. It was a beaut no matter how it went in.

Reactions: NDiesel

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

I wonder if that was about Nash squared and Adam McQuaid, if I were to pick the vets who wouldn't be back

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
If Tyler Seguin had the same competitive spirit that Jake DeBrusk seems to have, the Bruins would have won the 2013 Stanley Cup and Seguin would still be a Bruin.

Reactions: Otherworld
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad