Value of: Jake Bean to MTL

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm sorry, but how does Bean address any of Montreal's current needs?

Montreal would primarily want a puck moving D to play with Weber at ES and to possibly help on the PP

With all due respect to Bean and with no reference to his potential, at this point in time is a sheltered 3rd pair D-man who doesn't play much on the PP and whose production is probably boosted by one of the highest IPP's for a D-man in the NHL.

He's not a solution to any of the Habs current needs.

Then why would trade him given you’ll lose Danault this summer? Poehling doesn’t come remotely close to carrying the same value as Bean.

I was unaware that Montreal losing Danault was a forgone conclusion. Haven't heard anything like that out of Montreal from either side.

As for Poehling vs. Bean, Bean is obviously more valuable, but neither has enough value for me to personally care that much right now. From a Habs perspective, I know that Poehling is exempt from the expansion draft and Bean isn't. Montreal could certainly use a protection slot on him, but considering how Canes fans seem to value him, there would be much better guys to target.

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Then why would trade him given you’ll lose Danault this summer? Poehling doesn’t come remotely close to carrying the same value as Bean.
Why is it a given we’re losing danault ? Wishful thinking maybe ?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Not sure I'd give a 1st for Bean, but Poehling likely doesn't cut it either. Bean is a worthy gamble for Montreal though. A young, offensive LHD with upside.

Reactions: Pierre Lebrun

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3