WC: 2024 Team USA

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Matthews has no reasons to skip 2024 IIHF WC. He hasn't played at World Championships since he's been in NHL, he really has no excuses this time. For a team that isn't making any deep playoffs runs, him not being at IIHF WC is unforgivable.

He left the game early. He is not 100% fit. There is no chance that we will see him at the Worlds.

Reactions: Chainshot

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Some say this is maybe the best usa roster ever but how about the 2019 World championship team it was pretty stacked with Eichel,Kane,Gaudreau,Werenski,Kreider,Larkin and some players like Jack,Quinn Hughes who of course weren‘t the players they are now but this team seems to have a lot of players that would‘ve been on a USA best on best roster IMO back then. What do you guys think?
Compared to previous US rosters, I remember being very excited. And then the coaching set in. Blashill kept going with Cory Schneider and the US drew Russia in the quarters. Coaches selected by USA Hockey has been abysmal at times. As has been discussed on many many occasions on here.

Matthews has no reasons to skip 2024 IIHF WC. He hasn't played at World Championships since he's been in NHL, he really has no excuses this time. For a team that isn't making any deep playoffs runs, him not being at IIHF WC is unforgivable.
Austin might still be throwing up on Marners thrown gloves.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He left the game early. He is not 100% fit. There is no chance that we will see him at the Worlds.
He had an illness. Unless this is the type of illness that is going to last weeks, that’s not something that should keep him off this team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sign Lindgren up. I don’t know that we’ll get three better goaltenders for this tournament.

Could we possibly get Carlson?

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I don't think Carlson will come. Sure, he has been in the playoffs several times during this tournament, but he has never shown any interest in coming to this tournament.

Oshie would be nice to see as the captain of this team.

Milano and Lindgren are probably the most likely options.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Carlson's only missed Playoffs in Olympic year (he was there in Sochi) and in last season's where nobody wanted to go to Tampere and I don't blame anyone in particular for not wanting to be the martyr there.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Carlson's only missed Playoffs in Olympic year (he was there in Sochi) and in last season's where nobody wanted to go to Tampere and I don't blame anyone in particular for not wanting to be the martyr there.

Four straight years eliminated in the first round and last year completely out of the playoffs. I don't blame you if you don't come after the playoffs, but Carlson hasn't shown any interest in recent years even though there has been a chance.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Four straight years eliminated in the first round and last year completely out of the playoffs. I don't blame you if you don't come after the playoffs, but Carlson hasn't shown any interest in recent years even though there has been a chance.
I feel like USA doesn't have a big history of players jumping in after Round 1. That's a European thing mostly. Hopefully this year is a bit different with bubble players pushing and shoving each other to secure one of the last spots in Prague and make their case.

As for Carlson and Olympics, certainly a chance. Probably there today but not sure on a year and a half from now given he turned 34 in January. Hopefully if it ends up between like him and Faber they lean toward the young guy that can help for future events, but I have a feeling they may lean the guy that has Olympic experience, lol (although with Guerin in charge that also factors in, we saw what happened with Yzerman negging St. Louis how that creates problems at the club level).

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Definitely looking like we will have some solid goaltending options. Lindgren has come before back in 18' I believe for team USA. Seems like a guy that still has to prove that's his net next year so why stop playing?

Knight and Woll would be nice options as well. Whatever we get will at least be serviceable to win with this team in front of them..

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Definitely looking like we will have some solid goaltending options. Lindgren has come before back in 18' I believe for team USA. Seems like a guy that still has to prove that's his net next year so why stop playing?

Knight and Woll would be nice options as well. Whatever we get will at least be serviceable to win with this team in front of them..

Yes, and Lyon might even be the best option among them.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lasch had a great season in Finland. Could be a good add for the lower lines if no more quality players from nhl comes.

• Haha
Reactions: SK94

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Lasch had a great season in Finland. Could be a good add for the lower lines if no more quality players from nhl comes.
Probably round out the team with college guys if they need a few extra spots. Lasch is just a meme, he was only there in 2012 and lead the Finnish league in scoring that year. He got an NHL deal after that season, but didn't do well in the Minors and went back to have a long and successful Europro career, so he gets brought up as a joke for someone who would be willing to go because nobody else is.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Lindgren's problem is his inconsistency. Sometimes he's great and makes highlight reel saves and the next night he looks like an amateur. Considering this, perhaps it is best for him to prepare as well as possible so that he is ready to carry a bigger load next year better.

I still don't like his decision. Especially considering his status.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Lindgren would have been a nice add but maybe he isn't sure he could outplay Lyons? I dunno...that would have been a nice 1-2 punch to have just incase. I doubt Hellboy will come, he has played a lot for the Jets and they all look gassed.

Reactions: Friar85 and SK94

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's disheartening when players who would otherwise have no chance to make this team turn it down without being injured. They don't care about playing for this team. Lindgren knows he has a minuscule chance to make the best on best teams, so he's not going to do us any favors for a team he doesn't care to play for. USAH has to change that culture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad