GDT: Jagr vs LA (the time and channel in the title, wouldya?)

Jagr?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I'd like to give Thachuk a shot on the top line off wing. See how Ferland does with Backlund and Frolik. Still a 3M line. Backs and Frolik can likely cover for a lot of Ferlands shortcomings, and open things up for him a bit.

If injuries happen it's why I'd like the try Jankowski with Backlund and Frolik. I think that's a good pair to put rookie/lesser players with.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I'd love to see a shot chart amalgamated over the games so far for the flames- I have no evidence for this but by my watch the majority have been low-danger shot opportunities (outside of a few obvious scrambles)

even going back to the edmonton game, I thought we outplayed them and kept their chances low, minus McDavid.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'd love to see a shot chart amalgamated over the games so far for the flames- I have no evidence for this but by my watch the majority have been low-danger shot opportunities (outside of a few obvious scrambles)

even going back to the edmonton game, I thought we outplayed them and kept their chances low, minus McDavid.

You'd be correct, very correct. Especially minus that horrible Edmonton game:

This year:
8.54 High Danger (20%)
14.43 Medium Danger (34%)
19.71 Low Danger (46%)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'd like to give Thachuk a shot on the top line off wing. See how Ferland does with Backlund and Frolik. Still a 3M line. Backs and Frolik can likely cover for a lot of Ferlands shortcomings, and open things up for him a bit.

If injuries happen it's why I'd like the try Jankowski with Backlund and Frolik. I think that's a good pair to put rookie/lesser players with.

I love Ferly, because you can play him up and down the lineup.
Right now he's just not playing up to snuff. I mean, he's crashing a bit; just not producing. Can't complain about the Gaudreau/Monahan production however.

I don't hate moving him down the lineup and giving Lazar a chance with the top line. He's just got a great motor. Or Jagr just to hold down the fort in the offensive zone.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Agreed. We've had a few too many breakaways. But for the most part shots have come from the outside.

We are doing all the fundamental things well ie boxing out on rebounds, not allowing cross ice one timers so Smith has a chance on every play.

Obviously he's playing insanely well too but we are really limiting major opportunities.

Plus, we seem to play really good when the game is on the line. Tough schedule to start too.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I think with Versteeg what you see is what you get- yes he makes frustrating plays sometimes, but that's why he's been a career 3rd liner. Otherwise he'd be a top 6er in a lot of cases. The creativity he sometimes brings is a double edged sword.

IMO much like with Brouwer, playing him in a little bit lesser role with a bit more shelter will result in much more success. If we could manage to have them both on the 4th line with Stajan I think they would kill it.

Wouldn't be difficult to do.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Lazar - Bennett - Jagr
Versteeg - Stajan - Brouwer

or

Gaudreau - Bennett - Lazar
Tkachuk - Monahan - Jagr
Ferland - Backlund - Frolik
Versteeg - Stajan - Brouwer

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Don't quote me on this, I found a French article (I'm fully bilingual) indicating that Jagr could give it a go, try to see how he feels after 10 games, and if it's not up-to-par, he might decide to step away from the NHL. Also according to Czech columns, he won't be content with a 40 Pts season, he wants to get back to being a 60 + Pts guy.

http://www.danslescoulisses.com/fr/jaromir-jagr-pourrait-il-quitter-calgary-dici-quelques-semaines/

Seems pretty weird we would not hear this from any other sources. I don't really buy it.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
> won't play more than 10 games
> wants to be a 60 pt guy

Well Jaro I'm gonna be honest with you, you can't have both

Reactions: Cyrano

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
> won't play more than 10 games
> wants to be a 60 pt guy

Well Jaro I'm gonna be honest with you, you can't have both

Where did Jagr himself say he won't play more than 10 games?

I think that comment is in regards to the 10 games being a gage. If say by the 10th game he feels he's playing at a high level, one which he will be satisfied with, then he will stick around.

During the summer, Jagr did mention many times over to Czech reporters that he thinks he can still be better than last year's numbers say he is. He doesn't want to be a role player, but rather a go-to guy. He's 45 sure, but he knows his hody and game better than anyone. Why else would he come back to the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad