Jagr a Devil Part II: May be an Alien Edition

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Marknus Naslund have retired from his charity Icebreakers and Peter Forsberg said he might never play again either for charity citing his age etc.

And here people are talking about a Jaromir Jagr thats even older to maybe notch 80 points? :D

Silly is it?

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Marknus Naslund have retired from his charity Icebreakers and Peter Forsberg said he might never play again either for charity citing his age etc.

And here people are talking about a Jaromir Jagr thats even older to maybe notch 80 points? :D

Silly is it?

Those aren't very good examples. Forsberg's body was made of glass and he didn't play full a season in the NHL after 2003 while Naslund was done as an NHL player by 2008. Naslund's best season in the NHL is worse than Jagr's 8th best season.

How about we compare Jagr to players who actually aged well shall we?

If anyone can score 80 pts as a 42-43 year old it's Jagr.

Last edited:

NC107*

Wouldn't that be awesome if Jagr had a 80 point season with the Devils. I just hope he has a respectable season in his opinion. DeBoer's system plays well for his game and age. Lets get some chemistry going with Zajac, Jagr and Cammalleri early on.

uajii

Dec 19, 2013
If someone understands Czech, it would be cool if you could let us know what is being said in this interview, thank you in advance.

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej/213391/exkluzivne-jagr-odpovidal-ctenarum-nekdy-se-smeju-kdyz-se-vidim.html

- The transition from NHL-size rinks to international rinks is hard for him so he doesn't think he'll play for the national team ever again.
- Kaberle deserve a chance.
- He watches every movie with Owen Wilson or The Rock.
- He doesn't salute anymore because he doesn't celebrate his goals that much anymore. He only did it in Philadelphia because promised it to one of the equipment managers.
- He doesn't want to comment on the Ukraine situation because he doesn't have enough informations.
- He doesn't know when he'll have children because he hasn't met the right woman yet.
- He's always trying to have a good mood, but then when he sees what he looks like at the pictures where he's smiling, he doesn't want to smile anymore.
- He thinks it's possible to play at 50 if one has enough motivation.
- Once he'll retire, he'll probably be the coach of the team he owns.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
- The transition from NHL-size rinks to international rinks is hard for him so he doesn't think he'll play for the national team ever again.
- Kaberle deserve a chance.
- He watches every movie with Owen Wilson or The Rock.
- He doesn't salute anymore because he doesn't celebrate his goals that much anymore. He only did it in Philadelphia because promised it to one of the equipment managers.
- He doesn't want to comment on the Ukraine situation because he doesn't have enough informations.
- He doesn't know when he'll have children because he hasn't met the right woman yet.
- He's always trying to have a good mood, but then when he sees what he looks like at the pictures where he's smiling, he doesn't want to smile anymore.
- He thinks it's possible to play at 50 if one has enough motivation.
- Once he'll retire, he'll probably be the coach of the team he owns.

Awesome, thanks a lot.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
thats true...I dont think Jags like Gomez..at all

I don't think they're buddies, but mainly like oil and water on the ice. Gomez's full speed ahead and Jagr's methodical possession game just didn't mix... and Rangers brought in Gomez instead of Nylander... disastrous all around.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I don't think they're buddies, but mainly like oil and water on the ice. Gomez's full speed ahead and Jagr's methodical possession game just didn't mix... and Rangers brought in Gomez instead of Nylander... disastrous all around.

I still remember when Jags was a ranger and Gomer was still on the Devils, Jagr tried to punch Gomer and actually hurt his own shoulder!
then the next year they were teammates in New York :laugh:

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
I still remember when Jags was a ranger and Gomer was still on the Devils, Jagr tried to punch Gomer and actually hurt his own shoulder!
then the next year they were teammates in New York :laugh:

It wasn't the next year. That incident occurred during the 2006 playoffs. Jagr dislocated his shoulder, needed surgery and struggled somewhat in 2006-07 with a repaired shoulder where his shooting wasn't the same, yet despite that, he put up 96 Pts which was good enough for 8th in league scoring at age 35. He had Nylander playing on his line which goes back to the whole "keep Jagr happy by giving him linemates he likes".

It was the season after that, 2007-08 where Nylander was let go and they signed Gomez. Jagr's play dropped significantly and he looked upset and disinterested for long stretches of the season, Gomez and him had no chemistry whatsoever.

If Gomez is signed, don't let him anywhere near Jagr, not even on the powerplay.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
It wasn't the next year. That incident occurred during the 2006 playoffs. Jagr dislocated his shoulder, needed surgery and struggled somewhat in 2006-07 with a repaired shoulder where his shooting wasn't the same, yet despite that, he put up 96 Pts which was good enough for 8th in league scoring at age 35. He had Nylander playing on his line which goes back to the whole "keep Jagr happy by giving him linemates he likes".

It was the season after that, 2007-08 where Nylander was let go and they signed Gomez. Jagr's play dropped significantly and he looked upset and disinterested for long stretches of the season, Gomez and him had no chemistry whatsoever.

If Gomez is signed, don't let him anywhere near Jagr, not even on the powerplay.

yeah I guessed it was the next year, but you're right because it was a playoff game when Jags through the punch!
I hope Jags doesnt get moody this year if we sign Gomer and dont sign Kaberle
but I dont think Gomer would be anywear near Jags in the lineup if he is signed

MullerBrotenVerbeek

Aug 2, 2013
"- He's always trying to have a good mood, but then when he sees what he looks like at the pictures where he's smiling, he doesn't want to smile anymore."

:laugh: Love Jags

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
From http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=729484&navid=DL%7CMTL%7Chome

The only change was that I worked with a trainer back home for a few weeks to make sure I was doing all of the exercises correctly. I added that in,†offered Plekanec, who trained alongside the likes of Jaromir Jagr, Jiri Tlusty, Radko Gudas and Tomas Kaberle in Europe. “I was back on the ice at the end of July with my former team in Kladno five times a week. It’s pretty much always been the same group. That’s the way I like to approach my summers. It’s been working for me.â€

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
Wasn't Kaberle the defender that played with Jagr all the time in Kladno recently? If it is the same guy i'm thinking of, he was VERY effective with Jagr, especially on the power play.

Wulfgar

Feb 28, 2012
Wasn't Kaberle the defender that played with Jagr all the time in Kladno recently? If it is the same guy i'm thinking of, he was VERY effective with Jagr, especially on the power play.

Kaberle played with Jagr in Kladno too, but Zidlicky was more effective with him if I can say...

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Kaberle played with Jagr in Kladno too, but Zidlicky was more effective with him if I can say...

Kaberle only played in 10 games (still recording 6 Pts) but that season no matter who played with Jagr was going to look good, Jagr was lights out. If Jagr can ever get back to even say 75% of the player he was in New York, no matter who plays on his line will rack up the points.

My gut tells me Kaberle will make the team and Jagr having all this Czech presence around him will bounce back big time and have his best season in the NHL since 2006-07, again just a gut feeling.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's really hard not to like Jagr.
His play on the ice, his work ethnic off the ice, his lighthearted attitude while still maintaining intensity each shift is something I hope he passes on to other players in the organization...

I wonder what he would be like as a coach? My initial thought is not a good one... It seems players of his level and commitment have a lack of understanding for players who don't have the same...but his personality seems to contradict that. I would love to see Jagr as a head coach in the NHL.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He had plenty of moody moments earlier in his career, but with the Devils he's been the happy savant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad