Value of: Jacob Trouba (Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
It's astonishing that there's 24 pages of posts in this thread about a player that isn't going to be traded any time soon.

Trade forums are super slow so they’ll leave awful threads like this lurching around for ad revenue lol.

BTW, I got access to a video that Overhardt sent to the Rangers as part of the Trouba contract negotiations:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Trade forums are super slow so they’ll leave awful threads like this lurching around for ad revenue lol.

BTW, I got access to a video that Overhardt sent to the Rangers as part of the Trouba contract negotiations:

Technically, he got out.

Reactions: Guffman

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Take a look at how high the Ranger fan response is, compare to everyone else. INTERNAL DISCUSSION, disguised as a real thread.
If threads about NYR are moved off the main board you would have literally nothing to talk about. Lol you’re in every single one! There’s little to talk about in this unusual time, so why are you pushing to move or close any discussion?

Reactions: One Winged Angel

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
I don’t think the Jets could justify giving Trouba 8M AAV and then resign Morrissey to $6.25M AAV.

The Jets sign their core to team friendly, reasonable contracts. If someone wants to be a glutton, like Trouba, play elsewhere.
Those Gluttons!!

Is Morrissey a glutton like Trouba or does he get a pass?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Take a look at how high the Ranger fan response is, compare to everyone else. INTERNAL DISCUSSION, disguised as a real thread.

Stop the bs
Stop the censorship of you suggesting you are the arbiter of what is a "real thread".

The majority of posters in this thread want feedback from everyone at large, not just their own board, as to what Trouba would return, even if pro tempore that is only hypothetical.

You previously shared with us you are an Isles fan.

Fine, but let's all be classy and not have restrictions on free speech.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Stop the bs
Stop the censorship of you suggesting you are the arbiter of what is a "real thread".

The majority of posters in this thread want feedback from everyone at large, not just their own board, as to what Trouba would return, even if pro tempore that is only hypothetical.

You previously shared with us you are an Isles fan.

Fine, but let's all be classy and not have restrictions on free speech.
Until today, I stayed off your internal board. Trouba was on page 8, none of you were talking about him.. I read other threads, about players actually being moved, or at least real proposals.. Censorship and free speech? C'mon Bern.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Serious question. Do you get more pleasure bashing the Rangers than rooting for your team?
Rooting for my team comes first, but rooting against the Rangers is up there. Nothing new, Jets/Giants or Yankees/Mets. Everyone near the City knows it. I do miss the DeAngelo talk, though!

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Those Gluttons!!

Is Morrissey a glutton like Trouba or does he get a pass?

Morrissey’s contract is considered good value, much like most contracts the Jets sign with their core players.

Gluttons, like Trouba and Marner, are players that will squeeze every dollar they can get at the expense of a team’s salary cap health.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Morrissey’s contract is considered good value, much like most contracts the Jets sign with their core players.

Gluttons, like Trouba and Marner, are players that will squeeze every dollar they can get at the expense of a team’s salary cap health.
The home discount is rare. I don’t think Morrissey left any money on the table. 50M contract is quite nice for him.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Rooting for my team comes first, but rooting against the Rangers is up there. Nothing new, Jets/Giants or Yankees/Mets. Everyone near the City knows it. I do miss the DeAngelo talk, though!

I played against an Isles fan named Ranger Fans Sit When They Pee on NHL-20.

He’s now in my club in NHL-21 (along with a Devils, Bruins, and Pens fan), but EA censored Pee so he changed his username.

We love to talk shit to eachother but at the end of the day we realize it’s just for fun.

You seem to be taking this rivalry to a different degree.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Too bad they do not have a place to discuss this internally, without boring the fans of other teams.
You know what’s boring? When leaf fans hijack literally every thread on the main boards.... like for real. Ain’t no body care about what a leaf fan has to say.. like ever lmao.

Also every team that isn’t NYR can f*** off.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
You want me to take a look at how high the response are from NYR fans, involving a NYR player? You're playing innocent here yet all you've done is like snarky comments towards NYR players, fans, and Bern, while helping contribute to an "internal discussion".

How about you just stop browsing the thread? This should be closed, but calling it an internal discussion and blaming NYR fans for it is just laughable.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
The home discount is rare. I don’t think Morrissey left any money on the table. 50M contract is quite nice for him.

Thing is, I wouldn’t pay Trouba more than Morrissey. If Morrissey is worth 6.25M AAV, there would be no justification to pay Trouba $8M AAV. Internal salary structures matter.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Are you suggesting his contract is akin to having a NMC?
No, I'm saying Trouba has an NMC and really doesn't want to play anywhere else.

After that, the AAV and any other terms are pretty much irrelevant from a trade scenario.

Aside from the NMC, its not the best contract and its not the worst contract you'll ever see. If you ranked every contract best to worst and worst to best, Trouba's wouldn't be near the top of either list.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
You want me to take a look at how high the response are from NYR fans, involving a NYR player? You're playing innocent here yet all you've done is like snarky comments towards NYR players, fans, and Bern, while helping contribute to an "internal discussion".

How about you just stop browsing the thread? This should be closed, but calling it an internal discussion and blaming NYR fans for it is just laughable.
Of course it should be closed. Zero chance he gets traded, this year or next. But, what about my free speech and censorship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad