Speculation: Jacob Markstrom to Edmonton?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't think Edmonton would touch that. Skinner's a keeper and only 25. Markstrom's been up and down like a toilet seat the last few years. Adding significant assets to double Skinner's cap hit for an erratic goalie probably isn't gonna happen.
You're better than this CO

Markstrom has had 1 bad year, which was last year (his first as a father coincidentally). His numbers from 2020-21 are deceiving, he was the team MVP for both the first 1/3 and final 1/3 of the season. Unfortunately that middle 1/3 was derailed by a concussion caused by a collision with a former Canucks teammate. You have to go back to 2014-15 to find another subpar season. Markstrom is an elite netminder that an team would be lucky to have.

Reactions: Nanuuk and User1996

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You're better than this CO

Markstrom has had 1 bad year, which was last year (his first as a father coincidentally). His numbers from 2020-21 are deceiving, he was the team MVP for both the first 1/3 and final 1/3 of the season. Unfortunately that middle 1/3 was derailed by a concussion caused by a collision with a former Canucks teammate. You have to go back to 2014-15 to find another subpar season. Markstrom is an elite netminder that a team would be lucky to have.
Up and down like a toilet seat is a Ken holland quote about the Oilers, haha.

There’s fluctuation, and we’ve seen what happens to him firsthand when he gets rattled. He’s not worth skinner++ to us.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Up and down like a toilet seat is a Ken holland quote about the Oilers, haha.

There’s fluctuation, and we’ve seen what happens to him firsthand when he gets rattled. He’s not worth skinner++ to us.
fun fact, Markstrom found out his wife was pregnant with their first kid at the start of that Oilers series.

Reactions: Nanuuk

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
I hope you don't make dumb decisions like he made lol. Yeah, he made a great one. His overrated bum buddy Lindholm (who helped court Markstrom) already quit on the team and left

Edmonton has probably the hottest goalie in the pacific anyways in Skinner. They need a backup.
i hope he does make dumb decisions that make him a multi millionaire

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Nah, let him rot in Calgary. He picked them a few years ago lol. He can sit there in a losing environment.

????? he doesn't have to move, and Calgary has been playing better. He knew what he was doing when he signed 5 years. You think its easy for someone to just walk out and start a new life? This is the same reason why the Sedins decided to stay in Vancouver. There's no point in getting traded to a "contender" since there is no guarantee they will win a cup.

there is no 'gaurantee' the oilers will win a cup. he needs to look out for his family now.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Edmonton doesn't need Markstrom. Can't afford his cap hit and certainly aren't getting into a bidding war for his services from a rival. Full stop.

We have other areas to address and if we target another goalie it would likely be a 1B veteran mentor type with Stanley Cup pedigree. Marc Andre would be ideal.

Reactions: Draiskull

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Edmonton doesn't need Markstrom. Can't afford his cap hit and certainly aren't getting into a bidding war for his services from a rival. Full stop.

We have other areas to address and if we target another goalie it would likely be a 1B veteran mentor type with Stanley Cup pedigree. Marc Andre would be ideal.
You guys need a defenseman more than a goalie. Someone who can move the puck and defend top 6 players. Tanev would have been a good add. Hanifin would be too. Oilers will add Chychrun is my bet. They love the offense.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Huh? Am I high or having a stroke?

Or did I have too much of Prongers new whiskey?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad