Player Discussion Jacob De La Rose II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What is your solution, genious ?

The way it works, sometimes, is that you trade a guy instead of losing him for nothing. See, even Bergevin did it. And when the point is that nobody wanted him hence no trade was made (and he might even NOT be taken on waivers), it means that you took a kid chosen quite high in the draft and you made sure that you drained him as much as you can so that he had no value whatsoever. You should, as an organization, have as much clairvoyance as possible so that you don't want wait till he's worth nothing so you'd get nothing....or you get John Scott and Bartley in another case...see Tinordi. That's what mismanagement is. Does it happen? Yes. Does it happen to everybody? Surely. Can we still say how mismanged a kid was here even if it happens at other places? Why not?

Why defend bad asset management? And by the way, it STILL counts as bad asset management EVEN if he is not picked up. 'Cause it's a chance you take and he could be picked. You are just lucky he wasn't or....you most definately DRAINED his value and didn't trade him while he had some....

DLR is a perfect 4th liner and PK player. One of the only guys with size too. Not because of his physicality but great for his reach. Instead, we will be using Peca and/or Plekanec. And in a few games...we will probably send Kotkaniemi down in Laval.

Let's hope we won't lose DLR. Just a heads up....bad asset management is coming for Scherbak too.

Reactions: 417 and L4br3cqu3

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I see a lot of qualities in him that may endear him to be picked, big defensive forward who skates well and still pretty young, could really see a bottom team claiming or even a top team for depth.

But, like Scherbak, I damn hope they can get to Laval and play under Bouchard, seeing the way McCarron and Lernout are redeeming themselves right now.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Not sure he gets claimed. It would probably be a team with injury issues at centre who are not up against the 50 contract limit. Maybe Ottawa as they only have the minimum roster of 20 right now with a bunch of recent injuries. At 47/50 contracts. JDL is paid 900K though for this year and next. May be too rich for the sens.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Would it not have been better to sneak him earlier when teams are setting their rosters and claims are rarely done .

It's not a huge loss but it could have probably been done better . Even if he turns into an elite shutdown 3 C we have a bunch of Middling forwards but seems like there could have been value retrieved .

I could be completely wrong just how I feel

When he had heart issues? I'm pretty sure you can't waive injured players.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If DLR clears waivers, that would be great for us and for his career. Playing a regular shift all year under Joel Bouchard would be great for his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad