Pre-Game Talk: Jackets vs Jets - Tue Oct 17 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
who should play at centre over lowry right now that can score that Maurice hasn't been playing in favor of lowry.

nvm.. Just so frustrated with Maurice, sorry Adam, not your fault, I like you, just more suited as a 4 liner, like a bigger Krûger,,,

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
I just hope one day the jets are good enough to catch up to the other powerhouses of the league like the Jackets, Blackhawks, Golden Knights, Capitals or Penguins.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This PoMo quote is amazing.

It seems like it was designed in a lab to troll some people here. Hits on most of the trigger points that many have about the Jets. Paul thinks the PP is bad because Lowry is no longer on it. The only thing missing is some praise for Tanev.

I can't even be mad :laugh:

Crazy old Maurice!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What's with the 5 day break on the schedule?? I'm starting to go through withdrawal already.

Seems every team is getting a "practice" break in October this year. This is different than the break they get after the allstar break where no team activities can be scheduled.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Seems every team is getting a "practice" break in October this year. This is different than the break they get after the allstar break where no team activities can be scheduled.

Hmm practice break, I like it. Fine tune some things. Think Helle will share his goalie coach with the rest of the team? :D

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Glad to see Connor called up to play-I think he will surprise a lot of people, including Maurice, and Perrault hasn't been playing that well, so could be great for the Jets.

Last edited:

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Two weeks late, but now Connor gets the chance to establish himself in the top6. Pretty sure that the four games he spent in the AHL didn't hurt him, and they obviously didn't hurt the Moose, but they probably hurt the Jets, who, constrained by some of PauMau's idées fixes (speed! PK! roles!), had to run a completely ineffective bottom six. That might still continue with Perreault out, but when he comes back, we might be closer one step closer to having three net-positive lines --- best to stop using the term "three scoring lines" --- it's not just about offense and secondary scoring, it's about outscoring and outshooting the opponents, and our third line has been really bad in that aspect ever since Frolik spent some time on there in 2015 --- and that's what the "top9" instead of "top6-bottom6" idea is really all about. KC time. Time to force PauMau to run better lines in the future. He's got four weeks.

googleIsMyFriend

Dec 6, 2016
I really hope that you Connor fanboys are right and he really is a top 6 NHL player. If the Connor-Little-Laine line is in problems in their own end, winning gets more difficult. I have a bad feeling that we will miss MP.

As a Finnish hockey fan, it is OK for me to think that team has top6/bottom 6 -players. I love great role players and i think Perreault is one kind of role player. It is interesting to see how Connor play in that line. He maybe is fast and offensively talented, but Perreault is also quite physical player with good hustle. So, let see. I hope that PoMo doesn't need to brake 1st line....

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I really hope that you Connor fanboys are right and he really is a top 6 NHL player. If the Connor-Little-Laine line is in problems in their own end, winning gets more difficult. I have a bad feeling that we will miss MP.

As a Finnish hockey fan, it is OK for me to think that team has top6/bottom 6 -players. I love great role players and i think Perreault is one kind of role player. It is interesting to see how Connor play in that line. He maybe is fast and offensively talented, but Perreault is also quite physical player with good hustle. So, let see. I hope that PoMo doesn't need to brake 1st line....

I'm pretty sure we will miss Perreault either way, the main thing though is that when he is healthy I hope Connor isn't the guy sent back down.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I hope Connor can seize this opportunity. Because honestly his preseason To me was pretty lack lustre and he really didn't deserve a spot. However his start with the moose has been promising. Hope it translates now!

Last edited:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Why would you throw Mason in there now.. I know he needs to get his confidence back at some point but we're only playing twice in the next 9 days.. Ride Helle now that he's playing well especially against a tough opponent with great goaltending.

If the thought process is to have Mason playing against his former team and expect success that way, well he had 89.3 save pct against the Jackets last year and lost 2 out of 3..

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Why would you throw Mason in there now.. I know he needs to get his confidence back at some point but we're only playing twice in the next 9 days.. Ride Helle now that he's playing well especially against a tough opponent with great goaltending.

If the thought process is to have Mason playing against his former team and expect success that way, well he had 89.3 save pct against the Jackets last year and lost 2 out of 3..
Don Cherry always did that when he coached ... he played his #2 goalie against the top teams when he rested his #1.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Kind of hoping CLL doesn't work and that we get to see Connor and Ehlers together. That would have to be one of the fastest wing pairs in the league!

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Connor was by far the softest and weakest player I've ever seen in a Jets jersey.
Really rooting for him to stick and find a way to contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad