Pre-Game Talk: Jackets vs Jets - Tue Oct 17 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
While PoMo loves him some Tanev, if Perreault is out more than a week he'll call up Connor. This is one situation where his old school "top six bottom six" will have a positive effect because even he knows Tanev would only hinder that line. And "The first line can't do it all every night" and " the bottom six is for pkers and role players" and so on and so forth.

If Connor gets called up, pretty sure Laine and Wheeler switch spots to balance out the lines defensively.
Last paragraph is what I would like to see. Just for my own curiosity.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Hope perreault is good to go or not hurt long we need him in top 6. Can connor play a few games on top 6 or top 9. Probably. Can he play 60 or so games. probably not. He still needs more development. It's only been 2 weeks. If he wasnt good enough to make the team which kept a spot open for him what would change that in 2 weeks. Maybe 2 or 3 injuries but not 1. i would rather see lemieux or lipon called up to play on 4th line cause the wingers we have there now are not helping this team win at all.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Hope perreault is good to go or not hurt long we need him in top 6. Can connor play a few games on top 6 or top 9. Probably. Can he play 60 or so games. probably not. He still needs more development. It's only been 2 weeks. If he wasnt good enough to make the team which kept a spot open for him what would change that in 2 weeks. Maybe 2 or 3 injuries but not 1. i would rather see lemieux or lipon called up to play on 4th line cause the wingers we have there now are not helping this team win at all.

Tanev should be on the 2nd line because the coach put him on the 2nd line.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Tanev should be on the 2nd line because the coach put him on the 2nd line.

Out of the players playing in the bottom six that game, tanev deserved to be moved up the most....

Well, since everyone seems to be citing small sample shot metrics early this season....

RelCF% (2017/18)

Tanev +0.33
Dano -21.2
Petan -4.83
Matthias -9.41

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Unless something changes in how we play, don't think we're gonna win this one unless goalie bails us out like last 3 games.

Columbus will capitalize on our mistakes, no doubt.

One thing to remember. We are all thrilled we have had three games of Helly stealing us wins and playing at a .937 save % clip. Last season the jackets got 61 games of lights out Sergei Bobrovsky playing at a similar .931 level. How insane must that have been to to see current level Helly night in night out for a full season as their starter. Oh yea I forgot to mention Bob is rocking a .952 in his first 4 starts this season so we have to start by praying we get their back up for one of the two games.

Unless Sergei has an off night I wouldn’t drop your vCash on the Jets just yet.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Bob just played back-to-back. If we get lucky we might get Korpisalo who is a trainwreck, although they have 2 days off here so probably not.

Jackets are finding ways to win right now. Not playing the best hockey but since taking a beating from the Hawks they've never been out of games and have found a way to turn things if need be. Going to be a really tough test and good measuring stick for our guys.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Bob just played back-to-back. If we get lucky we might get Korpisalo who is a trainwreck, although they have 2 days off here so probably not.

Jackets are finding ways to win right now. Not playing the best hockey but since taking a beating from the Hawks they've never been out of games and have found a way to turn things if need be. Going to be a really tough test and good measuring stick for our guys.

When you have a goalie that is playing at Sergie’s level you are set. If we get that Bob we are in trouble but past that they are an average NHL team at best.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
About Tanev: I'm not a fan of his in perticular but he had a very good game against the Canes IMO. Over the last couple of games and especially against the Canes, I saw plenty of what he needs to do better to become a permanent player on this roster. I thought he was easily better than Petan, Matthias, Perreault, Dano, Armia and Copp. If Perreault is out, I hope they call up Connor and give him a couple of games on the 2nd line though. I actually kind of hope that happens, Connor plays good and we keep him on the Jets roster and continue with:

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler
Connor Little Laine
Perreault Lowry Tanev
Matthias Copp Armia

Still not happy with Petan.

Having Perreault on the third line could help producing more bottom-6 points. I would like to try that while I'd want to give Connor two linemates that can carry the play for him. Then again one could argue that his speed could help Tanev quite a bit on the third line.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
This is a real test here.

I hope Connor gets a shot at Top 6, I also hope Laine gets his 1st Line role back as well.

Tuesdays Forward Lineup:

What I want:

Laine Scheifele Ehlers - GF% will be out of this world with Ehlers and Laine being improved players.

Connor Little Wheeler - Pretty much the biggest offseason want for a majority of Jets fans.

Tanev Petan Armia - Give Armia and Petan a shot.

Copp Lowry Mathias - Decent 4th Line.

What's likely to happen:

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler - All primary Playmakers(with Ehlers half Sniper/Playmaker), kindof a waste at depth

Copp Little Laine - Copp was up and down a couple times for injuries.

Mathias Lowry Tanev - Same old, Mathias jumping up a line due to injury and Lowry on the 3rd line.

Petan Hendricks Armia - Don't given either of Petan or Armia a shot.

Last edited:

Snagari

Apr 27, 2016
[mod]

Can we expect Poolman in the lineup tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator:

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
I'd prefer to see lines as such:

Laine - Scheifele - Wheeler
Connor - Little - Ehlers
Matthias - Lowry - Armia
Copp - Petan - Tanev

Bottom 6 will not score very many goals if it looks like that lol.
Almost every other team in the league has 3 scoring type lines these days , I guess Maurice wants to hold on to something he learned aeons ago.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Okay, yes Tanev has been one of the "better" bottom 6ers, but the NHL doesn't grade on a curve and despite working harder than most, he is not a good enough player.

The bottom 6 need to start contributing. If the Jets don't get secondary scoring, it's going to get bleak.

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
With only 2 games until the mandated break I don't think we will see any call ups, however I would be ok with Connor coming up for the week and sent back down after Fridays game. It will be a tough game with Mason playing the guy he was traded to Philly for. Lots of pressure on him because of his firstn2 games. Hoping we find a way again.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'd personally would like to start Hellebuyck again because I think Mason might feel pressured because of his own history with the Jackets and Hellebuyck is cold as a stone right now. Then move on and give Mason the start against Pittsburgh because we always loose to them anyway so #nopressure.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I like the schedule frequency to start.
Lots of time between to teach and rest nagging injuries.
Stark contrast to last year.
We have to take advantage of this.

Reactions: DRC

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I'd personally would like to start Hellebuyck again because I think Mason might feel pressured because of his own history with the Jackets and Hellebuyck is cold as a stone right now. Then move on and give Mason the start against Pittsburgh because we always loose to them anyway so #nopressure.
Uh not this year ... we have to be them to show we belong.
If the team feels that way it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
GJG

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
When you have a goalie that is playing at Sergie’s level you are set. If we get that Bob we are in trouble but past that they are an average NHL team at best.
As are we.
I don’t think the Jets are good enough yet to make statements like we playing down to any opponents level.
We have beat Bob badly in the past and we are quite capable of doing it again.
Just can’t take repeated dumb penalties.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I like the schedule frequency to start.
Lots of time between to teach and rest nagging injuries.
Stark contrast to last year.
We have to take advantage of this.

Pretty much every team is getting one of these october 5 day breaks this year. It's an interesting twist. The sked gets densified in November though. The Jets have a 9 games in 16 days stretch beginning and ending with B2B's in the pacific time zone.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/s...ose/ahl-seeing-brand-new-moose-451031353.html

The game had some added significance.
With Manitoba’s parent club down a pair of veteran forwards (Winnipeg’s Mathieu Perreault and Adam Lowry are both sidelined with injuries), the press box was filled with members of the Jets’ brain trust. Winnipeg head coach Paul Maurice and his entire coaching staff, GM Kevin Cheveldayoff and assistant GM Larry Simmons were all in attendance, considering perhaps which AHL forward might be ripe for recall.
At least eight NHL scouts were also in attendance.
Among the promotion candidates could be Michael Sgarbossa and Buddy Robinson, who both signed one-way contracts with the Jets in the off-season.

Yep, Sgarbossa, Robinson and Hendricks sounds like Mo's dream 4th line. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad