Post-Game Talk: Jackets @ Champs 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Backstrom isn't a superstar because he has the personality of a brown paper bag.

He's an elite player who will likely be in the HoF. There are literally 20 other players in this league that will finish with less accolades then him statistically that are considered "superstars" in this era and that's all because they are marketable. A guy like Tyler Seguin is easily considered a "superstar" and his career stats don't sniff Backstrom's, but Seguin is young, tattooed, good looking, Canadian, and has personality, thusly superstar.
That’s only part of it. Backstrom’s value as a 2-way center and smart passer is somewhat lost in his lack of explosiveness and dearth of one on one spectacular plays...to the layperson. Hockey people know better, he’s a HOF’er. Except he’s kinda sucked the past few games.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Backstrom isn't a superstar because he has the personality of a brown paper bag.

He's an elite player who will likely be in the HoF. There are literally 20 other players in this league that will finish with less accolades then him statistically that are considered "superstars" in this era and that's all because they are marketable. A guy like Tyler Seguin is easily considered a "superstar" and his career stats don't sniff Backstrom's, but Seguin is young, tattooed, good looking, Canadian, and has personality, thusly superstar.
Backstrom easily could have been a superstar based on a skill alone if he was fast enough to keep up with better conditioned players. His legs are looking bad, its not really news to anyone.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Is Nicky pissed (at least subconsciously) that he's not regularly playing with Ovie?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Caps players should have all stayed on the ice, and countered with the choke sign

owpw8.jpg

Reactions: CapsJunkie

WIN296

it's not all sunshine and roses
May 29, 2017
Virginia
I had thought NHL officiating couldn't get any worse, boy was I pleasantly surprised tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad