Jack Hughes vs Suzuki vs Stützle

Who would you take moving forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Suzuki probably the best right now, hughes with highest potential and stuztle seems like he's going to be awesome no matter what, interesting poll. I'd probably take hughes but all are nice players.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Every poll now a days involves Suzuki or Caufield.

You can't read?

hfboards = Habs Fans boards :sarcasm:

(this is obviously just a joke, not intended to hurt anyone!)

McDavid gets outscored too.... does that diminish what he has done. same as Suzuki playing 1C in playoff until a stanley cup final....

some people will go length to just bring down a elite 1c.

Suzuki is an elite C? Ok so I have 2 questions :

1) What's your definition of "elite"?

2) And how much better do you think Suzuki will be than Josh Norris, for example? Just curious

Last edited:

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
I don’t see that happening personally. Like almost 0% chance.

Maybe it was a tiny bit of hyperbole as I honestly don't see Suzuki being in the same league as the other 2 and was probably deflating his numbers in my head a fair bit going forward. I do fell Hughes is still far more talented than either of them though and time will tell.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I think Jack Hughes should be dead last in this comparison. I don't think he'll ever become a star in the NHL, but I am open to him trying to prove everyone like me wrong.

Personally, I don't see him ever being as good as Matt Barzal or Brayden Point who should be the comparable for this size and how high he was drafted.

I think Nick Suzuki could definitely become close to Matt Barzal and Tim Stutzle could be as good or better than Brayden Point.

Reactions: bert

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
From the makers of Price is the best goalie ever, Subban is an elite defenseman, and Danault is Selke worthy

We bring you: Suzuki is an Elite Center
Pretty sure that nobody ever said that Price is the best goalie ever!

Subban was totally an elite defenseman, and most non-habs fans told us how dumb MB was to trade him.

And a lot of habs fans (not me) actually hated Danault and thought he was overated. BUT, a lot of non-habs fans used the fact that Danault is elite defensively to downgrade Suzuki's performance in the playoffs. See the irony? You can't have it both way.

But go on, tell us how we always overate our players... (BTW, I voted Stutzle)

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
Hughes has the highest upside by far. Stützle has nice upside but ultimately won't be as good. Suzuki is not close to the other two.

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
I think Jack Hughes should be dead last in this comparison. I don't think he'll ever become a star in the NHL, but I am open to him trying to prove everyone like me wrong.

Personally, I don't see him ever being as good as Matt Barzal or Brayden Point who should be the comparable for this size and how high he was drafted.

I think Nick Suzuki could definitely become close to Matt Barzal and Tim Stutzle could be as good or better than Brayden Point.

This will age really poorly, perhaps as soon as next year.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hughes has the highest upside by far. Stützle has nice upside but ultimately won't be as good. Suzuki is not close to the other two.

Please explain why Hughes has the "highest upside by far" and Stutzle only has "nice upside"?

What is Stutzle lacking?

Thank you

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

I was going to write out a reply to this but it’s easier to just quote your next post:

This will age really poorly, perhaps as soon as next year.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Hughes has some catching up to do as Suzuki already has 60% more points since the two have been in the league.

Well this coming season is the one where a meaningful comparison can be made, so we'll have to see. I'm pretty curious how well Hughes will employ the extra experience of playing 2 NHL seasons before his 20th

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hughes has some catching up to do as Suzuki already has 60% more points since the two have been in the league.
Given the two year age difference I don’t think it will be difficult for Hughes to make up the 30 points and pass Suzuki. Lol at the 60% more points reference to try to make Suzuki seem more impressive!:laugh:

Reactions: bert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad