Player Discussion Jack Campbell

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
He really is. Can't wait for you inevitable post about Skinner the next time he lets in 1 softie instead of the bulk per game like Campbell, though.
It’s great and all that Campbell put together a decent stretch but when your numbers are as bad as his at this point in the season….well what can you say.

Reactions: Macheteops

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
These games happen. Important though that they don't occur often down the stretch. Seems like whenever one of our goalies gets some rest time when they come back they are low in the crouch, making themselves small, not sealing angles. Its almost as if our goalie coach is horrible.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
These games happen. Important though that they don't occur often down the stretch. Seems like whenever one of our goalies gets some rest time when they come back they are low in the crouch, making themselves small, not sealing angles. Its almost as if our goalie coach is horrible.
I liked what you said earlier, "Campbell lost us the game, and then got us a point." Kind of speaks to his wildly erratic play this year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I liked what you said earlier, "Campbell lost us the game, and then got us a point." Kind of speaks to his wildly erratic play this year.
Speaks to the team as well. Giving up that money 2 on 1 to the Wings best two player is a level of cringe that shouldn't be happening. Its the arrogance of this club not even caring who else is on the ice. That is a late game play that shouldn't be happening. Good thing Campbell stoned Bertuzzi as it was a perfectly executed play.

Its weird because the Oilers played well in third but still giving up 5 bell chances like that against the grain of play.

Oilers have to start respecting opponents more, or again.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
.907 sv% over that stretch.

The dude is lucky he’s played behind a team that was playing great hockey.

His best stretch of the season and it’s barely average goaltending.
Makes saves when this teams needs them. Gets W’s

Since Jan 1st the oilers have 19 out of 20 points with him in net.

Since Jan 1st with Skinner in net they have 5 out 14 points

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

shaggy-shh.gif

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Yah it’s concerning that Skinner has started sucking too.

Playoffs will be a nightmare with this duo.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

I'd love for someone to post goals for average of all his wins cause it's probably 4.5 or higher.

Reactions: Vagabond

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I'd love for someone to post goals for average of all his wins cause it's probably 4.5 or higher.
Oh his last 10
2GA 4 times
1 GA 1 time
3 GA 4 times
4GA 1 time
25GA 10 games

Skinner same time frame
1GA 1 time
2GA one time
3GA 3 times
4 GA 1 time
6 GA 1 time
22GA 7 games

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Good thing his record is 17-8-2 on the season.
1L is the kings game he came in and Skinner shit the bed.
You should post the goal support each goalie gets, I’m guessing jacks record is in large to the team knowing they need to put up 4 to even get a chance at winning. His stats are barely even back up material, should be a major concern going forward.

Reactions: Zguy370

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
2 bad saves and the piling on continues, which IMO is solely about his contract.

Nobody is whining about Skinner being obviously targeted high and to the glove side the last two weeks.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Oh his last 10
2GA 4 times
1 GA 1 time
3 GA 4 times
4GA 1 time
25GA 10 games

Skinner same time frame
1GA 1 time
2GA one time
3GA 3 times
4 GA 1 time
6 GA 1 time
22GA 7 games

Not everything has to be one of our players pitted against another.

Reactions: frag2

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
You should post the goal support each goalie gets, I’m guessing jacks record is in large to the team knowing they need to put up 4 to even get a chance at winning. His stats are barely even back up material, should be a major concern going forward.

Support? Hilarious, as if offense has any bearing on a goalie's performance.

Want to talk support, how about defensive zone support with defensemen bailing on responsibilities, not sticking their man, flailing in the crease while opponents get off high danger after high danger chance and forwards giving up on puck battles and flying the zone.

This inane "all ahead full and Fuhr at the back" mentality is not sustainable, especially in the postseason.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
You should do save% in the 3rd period. I bet Jack makes the saves he needs to when his team needs him to

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
You should do save% in the 3rd period. I bet Jack makes the saves he needs to when his team needs him to
Do we really wanna focus on his saves in the 3rd period? Seriously! He had 9 shots in the 3rd, at least 3 of them were from center ice, so we'll just remember the save he made on Bertuzzi? I mean look at these stats so far;

2022-23 SEASON STATS​

• WINS-L-OTL
    17-8-2
    Tied-14th
  • GA/G
    41st
  • SV%
    48th
  • SO
    Tied-42nd

• That is not nearly a pretty picture for a #1 goalie in this league. He better start getting his shit together, or we could be in big trouble come playoff time with our goaltending!

Reactions: TKB21

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
.907 sv% over that stretch.

The dude is lucky he’s played behind a team that was playing great hockey.

His best stretch of the season and it’s barely average goaltending.
At the end of the day given our team average is what we should expect.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
His play does make me a bit apprehensive.

He was poor to start the year. Then hes rebounded and played pretty well. He was awful last night. Hopefully just a one off.

The one thing that I will say about him is that he has generally been very good to close games out. Third periods in particular he has been very good.

Reactions: TB12

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Do we really wanna focus on his saves in the 3rd period? Seriously! He had 9 shots in the 3rd, at least 3 of them were from center ice, so we'll just remember the save he made on Bertuzzi? I mean look at these stats so far;

2022-23 SEASON STATS​

• WINS-L-OTL
    17-8-2
    Tied-14th
  • GA/G
    41st
  • SV%
    48th
  • SO
    Tied-42nd

• That is not nearly a pretty picture for a #1 goalie in this league. He better start getting his shit together, or we could be in big trouble come playoff time with our goaltending!
He’s had his shit together the last 10 games
9-0-1

Let’s hope the trend continues

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark