Player Discussion J.T. Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Would definitely trade Kreider over Miller. He's starting to look like he did when he played in Hartford, confident with the puck. More guys on the team need to carry the puck like he does.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Would definitely trade Kreider over Miller. He's starting to look like he did when he played in Hartford, confident with the puck. More guys on the team need to carry the puck like he does.

I feel like he cleanly enters the zone more than any player on the team.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I feel like he cleanly enters the zone more than any player on the team.

Because on top of the skill, he has the confidence for it.

He's a cocky ****. When you don't have the ability to back it up, it's an issue. When you do, it's a positive.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Miller is the guy doing everything out there these days. The points are an added plus

NikC

Oct 7, 2008

Yup definitely trade Kreider. And when Miller slumps get rid of him.. and Drouin slumps get rid of him.

This fanbase definitely has the patience for a rebuild

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Great to see AV sticking with Miller-Brass-Zucc. Now JT just needs to shoot more, still trying to make the extra pass more often then not.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
Keep Kreider. Keep Miller.

But keep Miller with Brass and Zucc. That line is $$$$$$$$$ and a lot of fun to watch.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Miller has been so good, he's a legitimate top 6 winger at this point. I wanted him to play with Brass-Zucc for a while now because I see a lot of similarities in his North/South game with Pouliot.

Drop Kreider to the 3rd line, acquire a top 6 RW (no more Fast in the top 6 for the love of god) and run these lines

Miller-Brass-Zucc
Nash-Stepan-Megna(for now)/Top 6 Winger
Kreider-Hayes-Lindberg
Stalberg-Moore-Fast

I known that takes AV's pet out of the lineup, but these are what the lines should be. Or give Kreider-Stepan-Nash a shot, but it just seems like Kreider has been weighing Stepan down. He may be better off on the 3rd line, just skate his hardest, bang bodies and try and impose his speed and strength on easier matchups.

Remember when Uncle Larry suggested trading Miller AND a 1st for Mike Santorelli? Lol

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Miller has been so good, he's a legitimate top 6 winger at this point. I wanted him to play with Brass-Zucc for a while now because I see a lot of similarities in his North/South game with Pouliot.

Drop Kreider to the 3rd line, acquire a top 6 RW (no more Fast in the top 6 for the love of god) and run these lines

Miller-Brass-Zucc
Nash-Stepan-Megna(for now)/Top 6 Winger
Kreider-Hayes-Lindberg
Stalberg-Moore-Fast

I known that takes AV's pet out of the lineup, but these are what the lines should be. Or give Kreider-Stepan-Nash a shot, but it just seems like Kreider has been weighing Stepan down. He may be better off on the 3rd line, just skate his hardest, bang bodies and try and impose his speed and strength on easier matchups.

Remember when Uncle Larry suggested trading Miller AND a 1st for Mike Santorelli? Lol
or just put Nash on the right, where he belongs and play him with Step and Kreider. Now you just have to worry about possibly getting a decent 3rd liner to play with Hayes.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Miller is putting his tools to work and doing it consistently; as a result he's being rewarded.

What you're seeing right now is exactly the player he was projected to be and the type of player Miller is truly capable of being.

Personally, I think he's about where his offensive upside should be, but if he can take it a little further, great.

What you saw tonight was just how important Stepan, and Miller (and Kreider) are to the team. If they can perform close to their abilities, this is a very different team. It doesn't solve all the flaws, but it certainly provides a considerable boost.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Miller is putting his tools to work and doing it consistently; as a result he's being rewarded.

What you're seeing right now is exactly the player he was projected to be and the type of player Miller is truly capable of being.

Personally, I think he's about where his offensive upside should be, but if he can take it a little further, great.

What you saw tonight was just how important Stepan, and Miller (and Kreider) are to the team. If they can perform close to their abilities, this is a very different team. It doesn't solve all the flaws, but it certainly provides a considerable boost.

Completely agree. Miller was noticeable all night against Dallas and has improved greatly over the course of this season.

Anyone and everyone should know by now how important Stepan is to this team. He does so many things well and most of it under the radar.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He said it himself that he feels like he plays better when he's more engaged physically, and it's clearly showing. I also really liked how he was in constant communication with Zucc last night on the bench. I hope he can keep up this style of play consistently because that's how he plays his best hockey.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

What kind of player is that? I honestly have a hard time getting a feel for the kid. He reminds me in Dubinksky in that what frustrated me so much about Dubi was he never seemed to have any idea of what kind of player he was.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He said it himself that he feels like he plays better when he's more engaged physically, and it's clearly showing. I also really liked how he was in constant communication with Zucc last night on the bench. I hope he can keep up this style of play consistently because that's how he plays his best hockey.

HIs physical play when competing for the puck has been excellent. Throwing hard shoulders into guys who are going after the same puck as him, being aggressive about gaining possession, he's the only one on the team doing that and it has been effective for him.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
He's looked good recently. Engaged. Not making those stupid mistakes he was making earlier this season, or at least, they are less frequent.

Hope he keeps this up.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
What kind of player is that? I honestly have a hard time getting a feel for the kid. He reminds me in Dubinksky in that what frustrated me so much about Dubi was he never seemed to have any idea of what kind of player he was.

YES. Finesse, but not a skill player, big, strong, tough, yet not quite a PF, versatile but not a two-way guy. I'd call him an excellent top 9 role player... not quite like Fast, who is all timing, anticipation, vision, but more visceral. Almost Dubi to Jason Blake.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

I've always felt Dubinsky was a pretty fair comparison - both for Miller's pros and cons.

When Miller is on, he's a compliment player who adds some physicality and can chip in with offense. I also think he's the kind of guy you can plug into different roles and positions, depending on the need.

Ideally, his play moves things along, keeps the other team hoping a little bit and creates space for his linemates.

Obviously when he's off, at least thus far, it's a lot of skating around generating nothing.

Like Dubinsky, I think there are always going to be stretches where he drives you a little nuts. He's going to be at his best when he sticks to more of a meat and potatoes kind of game plan and doesn't try and force the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad