Player Discussion J.T. Miller vs. Brandon Dubinsky

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Dubinsky's a great player. A lock for 40 points, maybe can get to 55-60 on the right team. Excellent defensive player, makes his teammates better, and is a gamer in the playoffs. He's a leader, very vocal, and is a guy who leaves it all out there.

Miller will have to do a lot to be "better" than this in my book. Dubi plays the more valuable position... To me they're not really comparable players. I see a lot more T.J. Oshie in Miller.

I'd already take Miller over Oshie. :laugh:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Dubinsky's a great player. A lock for 40 points, maybe can get to 55-60 on the right team. Excellent defensive player, makes his teammates better, and is a gamer in the playoffs. He's a leader, very vocal, and is a guy who leaves it all out there.

Miller will have to do a lot to be "better" than this in my book. Dubi plays the more valuable position... To me they're not really comparable players. I see a lot more T.J. Oshie in Miller.

oooooh I like that comparison.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
I seem to remember him playing wing as much if not more as center, but maybe I'm remembering wrong, it's been a while.

He played more center, but Torts was dumb about it and played him way too much on the wing. He was not, and is not now a winger though. He was sometimes a center out of position under Torts. His game was always best suited for center, and CBJ has recognized that. He was/is a center.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm going to go with Miller and assume he at least performs close to the level he did this season.

Dubinsky never quite hit the offensive levels I thought he was capable of - he'll be 30 in a few days and has only a pair of 20 goals seasons to his credit. Even then, he hasn't had a 20 goal campaign in half a decade.

Overall I think the point totals won't be too far apart - with Miller scoring more goals and Dubinsky getting more helpers.

I don't think Miller plays with as much of an edge, but I think Dubinsky is probably a little more dangerous when he's "on".

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Miller probably produces a bit more but isn't as good defensively and doesn't provide as much grit/fire. I'd say it's a wash depending on what you need/value.

KreiderHouseRules*

Oshie is a very good comparison for what he should be expected to produce moving forward.

20-25 goals, 25-30 assists

Justin Williams, maybe, if he really develops that scoring touch consistently and scores some clutch goals ;)

Dubinsky is a good comp. too but he's really more of a center, IMO.

Miller has a better shot than he thinks, IMO. He just needs to learn how and in which situations to use it more. He doesn't shoot enough. Needs to be thinking shot before he receives the puck.

If he does that, he could be a really good player for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad