Player Discussion J.T. Miller Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Major slump right now. Confidence is shot. He needs to keep plugging away and start making his own bounces. Play mean, inspired and determined to change whats gone on. Only way out of it.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Can we get his updated career playoff stats now?

Someone should start a "Miller playoff goal watch" thread....hopefully a reverse jinx kinda thing.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Can we get his updated career playoff stats now?

Someone should start a "Miller playoff goal watch" thread....hopefully a reverse jinx kinda thing.

Career play-off numbers: 1 goal in 39 games
Days since his last playoff goal: 712

Lundy HOF

May 23, 2016
He has made some quality plays with the puck on his stick in the Ozone along the walls(like the Lindberg goal) but between his complete refusal to shoot the puck and his overall puck management he has been bad. Some of the turnovers especially through the neutral zone have been egregious.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Well, JT has only been depended on to be a core scorer this year. The raw numbers are influenced by his usage.

Lots of time on 4th lines in the POs. This year, that's on him. Less so his stints with Sheppard and Glass a few years ago.

He deserves criticism, perhaps more so than many. But the numbers are misleading IMO.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Still think he's hurt.

The way he handled the puck in the RS and how he is now, there's absolutely no comparison.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I think he is playing better than given credit for by some folks. He has played roles in Zooks and Oscar goals among others. He has been skating well and making some nice stickhandling moves. Im not saying he has been great but I do not think he has been nearly as bad as some others in the last 6-8 games. He was an inch or two from the game winner yesterday.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I think he is playing better than given credit for by some folks. He has played roles in Zooks and Oscar goals among others. He has been skating well and making some nice stickhandling moves. Im not saying he has been great but I do not think he has been nearly as bad as some others in the last 6-8 games. He was an inch or two from the game winner yesterday.

And an inch or two from missing the net completely ;)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
And an inch or two from missing the net completely ;)

Actually a shot that hits the post or crossbar is considered missing the net (which I always found strange). Considering Glass is on their line I think Oscar and JT have played fairly well the last 3 games.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Actually a shot that hits the post or crossbar is considered missing the net (which I always found strange). Considering Glass is on their line I think Oscar and JT have played fairly well the last 3 games.

Well, you miss the net. You don't miss the goal, since posts and the crossbar are part of the goal, but not part of the net.

But if you go by that logic, hitting the side of the net should be considered "hitting the net" as well. Hmmm

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I agree @Nickyfotiu - with limited ice time as well.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Well, you miss the net. You don't miss the goal, since posts and the crossbar are part of the goal, but not part of the net.

But if you go by that logic, hitting the side of the net should be considered "hitting the net" as well. Hmmm

But hitting the posts or crossbar are not considered a shot on goal.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
I agree @Nickyfotiu - with limited ice time as well.
And PP time as well. He wasn't always on the 4th line....he earned that spot.

Those stupid penalties too? Must have been due to that mysterious injury that seems to hit him just as the playoffs start.

There is no defense for 1 goal in 39 games. None.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway

Those stupid penalties too? Must have been due to that mysterious injury that seems to hit him just as the playoffs start.

Yes, he is only 24 years old - if you look at his NHL stats - he started slow to produce in his hockey career. 23, 43, and this season 56 pts. The curve is positive in regular season which tell us his development is very promising.
It`s the same hockey in playoffs as in regular season - it`s just more physical and Miller need to figure it out. :)

https://www.nhl.com/player/j-t-miller-8476468

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

Like I said, blast away for this run. It's warranted based on what we've seen.

Harping on "1 goal in 39 games" is not an argument. He's a 0.41 ppg player in the playoffs and a 0.47 ppg player in the reg season.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I always thought it was because the goalie didn't make a save and shots are only counted when there's a goal or save

True, but the flaw in this is that Karlsson's goal in game 1 this year, was a shot on goal, according to the rules even though the puck was never shot on goal. it deflected of Lundqvist's helmet into the net.

A goal without a shot on goal happens, and a shot that literally hits the goal (post, crossbar) isn't a shot on goal. There's a flaw in that reasoning haha

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I always thought it was because the goalie didn't make a save and shots are only counted when there's a goal or save

You are exactly right but I always found it ironic that you hit the goal but dont get a "shot on goal".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad