Player Discussion J.T. Miller Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
He has been doing it all lately. Selling out to block shots, throwing the body, fighting. Really becoming a solid player for us

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He has been doing it all lately. Selling out to block shots, throwing the body, fighting. Really becoming a solid player for us

That was something I didn't expect from JT, but he's been at it a couple of times, or really getting in peoples faces.

I kinda like it.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
That was something I didn't expect from JT, but he's been at it a couple of times, or really getting in peoples faces.

I kinda like it.

Going back to his draft year, he's always been a significantly better player when he's playing with a chip on his shoulder.

When he channels it properly, he's very annoying for other teams to play against.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
The thing about his fighting is its not some stupid scrub like glass. He got into it with kesler. A proven top line ,rugged, strong player. Miller is just the right amount of crazy. I love it

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The thing about his fighting is its not some stupid scrub like glass. He got into it with kesler. A proven top line ,rugged, strong player. Miller is just the right amount of crazy. I love it

Haha well put. He has that Dubi craziness to him.

Been playing real well for a while now. Love that he's playing physical and making things happen offensively.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm expecting Miller to drop off at some point - he's still a young player, I highly doubt he keeps this level of play up for the whole season. But if this is the Miller that we get in the home stretch and in the playoffs, that's a humongous benefit.

That being said - if JT wants to prove me wrong and play like this for the rest of his career, then I will happily eat my words. He's playing like a top-50 winger.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
I'm expecting Miller to drop off at some point - he's still a young player, I highly doubt he keeps this level of play up for the whole season. But if this is the Miller that we get in the home stretch and in the playoffs, that's a humongous benefit.

That being said - if JT wants to prove me wrong and play like this for the rest of his career, then I will happily eat my words. He's playing like a top-50 winger.

As long as he keeps himself as involved as he has the last couple months, the drop in production will be tolerable. He's been a pain to play against most nights lately and that is what this team sorely needs. I'm really, really hoping his hustle wears off on the rest of the team.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
played very well last night.

used his size and skating to create opportunity. used his shot a few times as well. he was both physical and carrying the puck. he's very good at skating with the luck and making good reads.

his game is in full bloom as kreiders has pretty much gone into full hibernation.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
I love how well he is playing too but sometimes I think just about anyone playing with zucc and brassard will look good. In any event, gotta tip my cap to JT especially he seemed to be a guy that AV just didn't like.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm really starting to think that this isn't just a hot streak anymore, and that this kid is putting it all together. He's been sensational the past month or so.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Its certainly Miller time right now :yo: been saying it 5ever he needs to decide what kind of player he wants to be and bring that every night, lately it seems he's been doing that.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
When Miller first grabbed the puck, you just knew he was gonna get a high quality scoring chance. To follow that up by grabbing his own rebound and pulling the best Frolov of the season?

Maybe our most reliable forward right now. Excellent play. If Hayes ever gets his head out of his ass (and i'm sure he will), Miller-Hayes-X (Kreider-Hayes-Miller?) could be a really nasty line.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Just blossoming into an NHLer right now IMO. This is not a hot streak, he's putting it all together. Been a wrecking ball and point producer since the isles game.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
If Kreider can keep his play up then this team can really get going with Miller already taking the next step.

I also think Hayes has been better of late.

ThatsNashty61*

If Kreider can keep his play up then this team can really get going with Miller already taking the next step.

I also think Hayes has been better of late.

Hayes has to learn how to move the puck, go to an area and get it back. He still tries to stickhandle through guys too much which leads to turnovers. Miller is playing great; and he hits hard. Now that CK is playing well, they make a scary combo on the forecheck.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It's all about consistency with Miller. He has played well but let's not anoint him yet. 22 points in 46 games. He had 23 points in 58 last year. If he can continue playing like he is that's a good step. He has the ability but he needs to do this over an 82 game stretch.

One would have assumed that with his very good play he would be well over the pace he had last year. Not the case.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
It's all about consistency with Miller. He has played well but let's not anoint him yet. 22 points in 46 games. He had 23 points in 58 last year. If he can continue playing like he is that's a good step. He has the ability but he needs to do this over an 82 game stretch.

One would have assumed that with his very good play he would be well over the pace he had last year. Not the case.

What matters is that Miller is cementing a spot in the line-up and getting regular top 6 time. Last year he bounced around the line-up constantly, being thrown in roles he shouldn't have been. He hasn't left the top 6 since early December.

I still remember the game where Miller really started to look different. Against the Islanders, him and Lindberg came out on their 1st **** and pounded the Isles every chance they got. Miller has been that player consistently and never looked back. 2nd on the team in hits and scoring well at ES.

I'm going to get shot for this. But Miller has been one of the team's best defensive forwards imo.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What matters is that Miller is cementing a spot in the line-up and getting regular top 6 time. Last year he bounced around the line-up constantly, being thrown in roles he shouldn't have been. He hasn't left the top 6 since early December.

I still remember the game where Miller really started to look different. Against the Islanders, him and Lindberg came out on their 1st **** and pounded the Isles every chance they got. Miller has been that player consistently and never looked back. 2nd on the team in hits and scoring well at ES.

I'm going to get shot for this. But Miller has been one of the team's best defensive forwards imo.

I would agree with this, and it's good to see. However the issue has never been the flashes, it's been the consistency. If he realizes he needs to play physical in order for him to get involved, which he does, then that's the next step.

Kreider is the same exact way. When they play with an edge and finish their checks they are hard to contain. They are both strong on their skates with skill and hit hard. It makes the other team make mistakes and rush to make decisions.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville

What everyone is excited about is the last month or so of play. He has 10 pts in his last 16 games...which is a pace that would bring him to 51 points in 82 games. When he hasn't scored, he's generally had a strong game while hitting people. If this is what we're gonna get...a 50+ point winger with a ceiling that flirts with 60 on a good year...I'm psyched.

As you said, we need to hold off and not count our chickens...but 16 games is an exciting sample size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad