Player Discussion J.T. Miller Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
JT leads the team in assists while playing on the third line. No complaints from me. He is one of my three favorite current players. Maybe my favorite.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
JT leads the team in assists while playing on the third line. No complaints from me. He is one of my three favorite current players. Maybe my favorite.

And certainly the best third line in NHL for sure. Do you remember the beautiful goal J.T scored last year, @NickyFotiu ? :)
J.T is one my favorite Rangers players too, but his overall talent level include his accurate shot he use too seldom. My point is the line can be even better with Lias A. next year for sure, or J.T start to find his confidence and believe in his own ability to shot the puck. But I`m happy for his temporary role as center - hopefully Lias Andersson can center that line next year, because I doubt we will keep Grabner, he is UFA, and he might cost too much unfortunately.

Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
And certainly the best third line in NHL for sure. Do you remember the beautiful goal J.T scored last year, @NickyFotiu ? :)
J.T is one my favorite Rangers players too, but his overall talent level include his accurate shot he use too seldom. My point is the line can be even better with Lias A. next year for sure, or J.T start to find his confidence and believe in his own ability to shot the puck. But I`m happy for his temporary role as center - hopefully Lias Andersson can center that line next year, because I doubt we will keep Grabner, he is UFA, and he might cost too much unfortunately.
JT does have great shots and at the end of the season I would not be shocked if he is around 20 goals again. He plays the game the way I like. He looks for the open man. That is how I was taught and how I teach others. He also plays physical on a pretty soft team. He keeps guys involved with all his talking. Guys get a kick out of making fun of him. I look at the JT glass as 85% full instead of 15% empty. In regards to LA he has to make the NHL first then prove he can play at that level. I hope he does but Im not done thinking about this season

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m just looking at the future options since we have improved our farm immensely after the summer window, but yeah we might get another playoffs run here. I`m more positive about that now after AV did some important line changes recently. It also depends on our other lines, and how long does it take to get Zib back from concussion? And when will Nash start to score goals and questions like that concerning playoffs picture?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I would be shocked if he scores 20 goals given he has the 6th lowest shot rate in the entire league amongst forwards who have played over 300 mins at even strength. And unlike a couple of the other scorers with really low 5v5 shot rates (Giroux/Oshie/Scheiefle) he is not somehow who is going to put in a ton of PPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->