Pre-Game Talk: It's Tuesday

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
No - save that cap space for Brown & Perry bonuses.
What $20,000? That ain't doing anything

Any line Ryan has been on in the last 33 games, has actually scored less, and hes had less points/60 than Brown also.

Ryan is sucking the life out of every line more than Brown right now.

Brown also leads the team in takeaways at 3.5 per 60.

People are so focused on his 0 goals that they'd rather put worse hockey players in the lineup to get rid of him, we're stuck with his bonus overage anyways, at this point we just have to live with it and keep dressing the best lineup possible.
Yeah, I'll make fun of the 0 goals until I can't anymore, but I really have little issue with his overall game in recent weeks/months especially compared to the guys he competes with for ice time.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Probably never because this org is being strong-armed by our leadership-core to keep their buddy Ceci in the lineup and ignore the fact that stecher is actually better than him.
Coach K was asked bout him and the response was played on Reid Wilkins show last night (i think was taken from Stauffers show earlier)

“I don’t know Troy very well. I’ve seen him on the ice now a couple of times. The more I see him the more I’m getting familiar with him. And I know if we need him to come into the lineup he’s going to provide something and will be a good addition.”

And then Knoblauch said what he really felt…

“His strengths are he’s competitive , but he is smaller…”

Not exactly a strong testimony to any type of actual skill or strength, oh and he’s small.

Last edited:

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I was surprised Stecher didn't get into the Pittsburgh game on the second half of the back to back. At the same time, we are 6-1-1 in our last 8 allowing only 1.625 goals per game. It's not like our defence needs a shake up right now.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Someone make GDT thread? I would but them Jimmy wouldnt be able to join because he has me blocked and wont see thethread.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I was surprised Stecher didn't get into the Pittsburgh game on the second half of the back to back. At the same time, we are 6-1-1 in our last 8 allowing only 1.625 goals per game. It's not like our defence needs a shake up right now.
Yeah outside of a brief stretch after the win streak the Oilers defence has continued to be awesome. It's why I was skeptical of a Ceci upgrade, I'm not sure you want to mess with what's been working.

Reactions: OilerTyler

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Another thing to consider in regards to the whole recall situation. After a bit of a slow week this week, next Thursday is the start of a segment where the team will play 9 games in 15 days in 7 different cities with only one game being in the same location as the game prior.

Then they have few days to catch their breath before going 6 in 9 again (with 5 in 7 included in that stretch).

We may need bodies to keep as many players fresh as possible.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Y no Stecher?
I believe the defence has been paramount in the success we found this season and I think they will take their time getting him in to ensure he’s comfortable with the system. I am looking forward to his first game. Love when new body’s get into the lineup. Adds some excitement as things gear towards the playoffs!!

Edit: lol maybe coach was listening :sarcasm::naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Ryan scores once and a blue moon though. Brown is still a solid player in my mind, but holy smokes I’m not sure if there is anyone that has worse luck in the league than him
It’s quite insane isn’t it. I’ve been preaching patience to people I talk to and glad we held onto him through the deadline. Not saying he will but he would be the perfect guy to absolutely explode come playoff time. Our modern day Peca I hope.

I guess i havent said this or tried this yet but it's worth a shot....... Today is the day Brown scores
Maybe your “The One”

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So the rumours that Zegras >> McDavid are true???!! 🤪

IMG_2875.jpeg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad