Pre-Game Talk: It's Tuesday

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Brown's good defensively. Unfortunately I love Gagner like all oilers fans however he's not very good defensively and doesn't play PK. I get why people are annoyed at Brown's playing rime, but I also get why the team wants him on the ice. To the team his cap hit is not really important, it's how he fits into the lineup.
So you are saying Brown should sit despite currently playing better than other players?

I would sit Ryan tbh.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Reactions: Duke74

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
A bunch of folks wore shirts that said “free the hostages” a few weeks back (pro Israel supporters) and Rogers kicked all of them out of the arena. It was a media shitstorm. They are being accused of being anti Semetic now. Business that pick sides in these type of disputes will always lose. I don’t know why they don’t just avoid the interaction. That’s what I meant about you being kicked out of Torontos arena. I have no issue with your shirt, I quite approve of it. :)
Sure, and no one should have an issue with Russians or Canadians wearing Russian flags ..
No need to take sides.

There is a lot wrong with this world at global level. Let's keep out hate in check or be open to the hate from the other side.

Reactions: Vagabond

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
That action wasn't picking a side, they'll prohibit any sign or attire that could be politically inflammatory. Last thing they need is a huge fight to break out in the crowd over a political disagreement.

There's already enough of that from dumb drunks who can't control themselves at sporting events.
Yes, except if it’s an anthem singer wearing pro Palestinian attire in the same arena just weeks earlier. Weak.

Anyway this isn’t the place for this so I won’t comment further.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
  • Love
Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Ryan does something every 7 games he is my most unliked Oiler by far another coaches pet like Letestu was

Game five round 1
If Ryan is Letestu that makes Connor Brown Patrick Thoresen. Actually that’s wrong. Thoresen scored 6 goals in his 85 career Oiler games.

WOW , Brown really is shit.

Other than that, both will be equally forgettable.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
If Ryan is Letestu that makes Connor Brown Patrick Thoresen. Actually that’s wrong. Thoresen scored 6 goals in his 85 career Oiler games.

Not disputing that I just never liked Ryan he does a whole lot of nothing 5/5 he is ok on PK

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Zero offence. Not minimal. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. He might as well turn his stick upside down once he crosses the red line. He creates nothing.

With 2 good PK’ers in at the TDL his usefulness is negligible. Bring up Holloway or Gagner who create actual offence or worst play Ryan over him who also PK’s.

I see 0 need for him now other than strategic depth.
The difference is that Holloway and Gagner will likely be prone to goofs that result in goals against. Holloway is green and Gagner is cooked.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

Au contrare mon ami.

I think Brown will be extremely memorable. Memorable in the same way as Nikita Nikitin, Jack Campbell and Milan Lucic. He'll be even more memorable if the Oilers fail to win a cup in the McDavid/Draisaitl era.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The difference is that Holloway and Gagner will likely be prone to goofs that result in goals against. Holloway is green and Gagner is cooked.

Honestly I would rather either of those 2 than Brown. Maybe he gets a goal and gets his engine running and his confidence back. Who knows.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Gagner is -3, Ryan is -6 and Brown is +1 in the last 33 oiler games.

I think theres a reason he's in over them.

He might be more defensively reliable but sucks the life out of whatever line he is on offensively, so if we want to totally neuter Line 3, play Brown on Line 3. He is like he is playing for the other team, a non entity offensively. Give me Holloway or Gagner 10 times a day and 20 on Sundays, Connor Brown can get out of town...(that rhymes!)

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He might be more defensively reliable but sucks the life out of whatever line he is on offensively, so if we want to totally neuter Line 3, play Brown on Line 3. He is like he is playing for the other team, a non entity offensively. Give me Holloway or Gagner 10 times a day and 20 on Sundays, Connor Brown can get out of town...(that rhymes!)
Any line Ryan has been on in the last 33 games, has actually scored less, and hes had less points/60 than Brown also.

Ryan is sucking the life out of every line more than Brown right now.

Brown also leads the team in takeaways at 3.5 per 60.

People are so focused on his 0 goals that they'd rather put worse hockey players in the lineup to get rid of him, we're stuck with his bonus overage anyways, at this point we just have to live with it and keep dressing the best lineup possible.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Any line Ryan has been on in the last 33 games, has actually scored less, and hes had less points/60 than Brown also.

Ryan is sucking the life out of every line more than Brown right now.

Brown also leads the team in takeaways at 3.5 per 60.

People are so focused on his 0 goals that they'd rather put worse hockey players in the lineup to get rid of him, we're stuck with his bonus overage anyways, at this point we just have to live with it and keep dressing the best lineup possible.

I’d rather take actual goals than G/60. Brown literally sucks the offence out of any line he’s on. So we neuter the entire 3rd line? No thx. I’ll take Holloway or Gagner or Perry and give the line a chance to score. Masaaaybe Brown on line 4 which barely scores anyway. But not on Line 3.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I’d rather take actual goals than G/60. Brown literally sucks the offence out of any line he’s on. So we neuter the entire 3rd line? No thx. I’ll take Holloway or Gagner or Perry and give the line a chance to score. Masaaaybe Brown on line 4 which barely scores anyway. But not on Line 3.
giphy.gif

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
17 games in 30 days to end the season, what a shit schedule.
Avs announcers were bragging during the broadcast today that aside from one (three or four?) game road trip all their remaining games are at home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad