GDT: It's Time to get Crackin' 9 PM EST Puck Off

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Chinny is on fire. The condensed game didn't look as bad the posts here make it seem. (I just hate how the recap and condensed game always leave out the important non-score stuff like Fantilli's injury, like they're trying to control the narrative too hard...) Hope Fantilli is ok long-term.

@majormajor since this might be an appropriate thread to ask - is the Seattle play-by-play guy the same guy who was in Carolina a few years ago? His "That's hockey, baby!" and "Let's go home, baby" is starting to wear thin on me. Or are these some known colloquialisms in NA hockey?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
@majormajor since this might be an appropriate thread to ask - is the Seattle play-by-play guy the same guy who was in Carolina a few years ago? His "That's hockey, baby!" and "Let's go home, baby" is starting to wear thin on me. Or are these some known colloquialisms in NA hockey?

Yes that's Forslund. He's his own brand. I like his calls.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Yes that's Forslund. He's his own brand. I like his calls.
Thanks. Makes it better. I liked him with Carolina and have been confused ever since (and the Carolina replacements are fine too, so it was hard to figure out if I was just imagining or if there was two guys using these phrases). Still growing a bit weary of them but at least I can appreciate it more when it's original, thanks.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Chinny is on fire. The condensed game didn't look as bad the posts here make it seem. (I just hate how the recap and condensed game always leave out the important non-score stuff like Fantilli's injury, like they're trying to control the narrative too hard...) Hope Fantilli is ok long-term.

Forslund is the best!

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I was actually wondering if Fantilli got a skate blade down the back of his leg. The replay made it seem like there was distance between the skate and his leg, but it was close enough that maybe the toe could have gotten him.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I was actually wondering if Fantilli got a skate blade down the back of his leg. The replay made it seem like there was distance between the skate and his leg, but it was close enough that maybe the toe could have gotten him.
Tough to tell on the angle but its possible he could have gotten a skate on the inside of the foot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad