Proposal: Its time for Matthews to go (Mod Warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Also by that insanely flawed logic, Victor Hedman, Shea Weber, Roman Josi, Ryan Suter, Brent Burns, and Erik Karlsson arent 1Ds either. Think about what you say before embarrassing yourself.
Reilly isn't a 1D, you can think he is all you want but he's not and the TML D is poor, 3+ GAA won't win anything.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
Reilly isn't a 1D, you can think he is all you want but he's not and the TML D is poor, 3+ GAA won't win anything.

Please can this sentiment be spread around?

If I have learned anything from this contract saga is to not overrate ur own players. If Rielly is not viewed as a #1, it makes it all the more easy to sign him. Not like his image will affect how he actually plays.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Lol, great logic

"Rielly isnt a 1D" behind silly logic

Me: Disproves silly logic, Rielly is a 1D

"No he isnt"

You do realize 12 teams have 3gaa or above right? Its not a defining factor to any team. Rielly is a top 10 defenceman in the nhl. Prove me wrong with something other than a team stat.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015

Ya 2D's normally finish top 5 in Norris voting. Got anymore hot takes? Is Matthews a 2C in your books?

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
We’ll send you Reinhart, Mittelstadt, Ristolainen and two 1sts.
Schmaltz and OEL for Matthews and Liljegren who says no?

Dach
Saad
Murphy
Crawford (max retention)

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Saad - Nylander - Kapanen
Johnsson - Dach - Mikheyev
Moore - Kerfoot - Spezza

Reilly - Murphy
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Ceci

Andersen
Crawford

We’ll send you Reinhart, Mittelstadt, Ristolainen and two 1sts.

Stupid offers. None of Chicago, Buffalo, or Arizona could even muster up a combination of assets to get Matthews. There's one player in the league that has the amount of value that Matthews has.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Stupid offers. None of Chicago, Buffalo, or Arizona could even muster up a combination of assets to get Matthews. There's one player in the league that has the amount of value that Matthews has.

Calling other people stupid while claiming Matthews=McDavid? Bold move Cotton.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Calling other people stupid while claiming Matthews=McDavid? Bold move Cotton.

the NHL hasn't seen a goal scoring center like Matthews in decades. Somehow you thought that OEL and Nick freaking Schmaltz was a fair proposal (not to mention a damn good prospect in Liljegren). How are you not embarrassed at your own post?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
the NHL hasn't seen a goal scoring center like Matthews in decades. Somehow you thought that OEL and Nick freaking Schmaltz was a fair proposal (not to mention a damn good prospect in Liljegren). How are you not embarrassed at your own post?

The Leafs haven’t seen a defenseman as good as OEL in decades either and Schmaltz can be a 1st line centre and a great 2c. Matthews is on a bad contract and gets into trouble off the ice and at the time of my post Mike Babcock was the coach and AM looked like hot garbage. Arizona would have to add a 1st and maybe another prospect at this point, they should’ve bought low.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
The Leafs haven’t seen a defenseman as good as OEL in decades either and Schmaltz can be a 1st line centre and a great 2c. Matthews is on a bad contract and gets into trouble off the ice and at the time of my post Mike Babcock was the coach and AM looked like hot garbage. Arizona would have to add a 1st and maybe another prospect at this point, they should’ve bought low.

Rielly outperformed OEL last year...what rock are you living under? Again, Arizona can add a million 1sts. They aren't getting Matthews. Why don't you understand that? He's a generational talent and is on pace for 55 goals. When was the last time one of those players got traded?

Reactions: mammothCacti

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Rielly outperformed OEL last year...what rock are you living under? Again, Arizona can add a million 1sts. They aren't getting Matthews. Why don't you understand that? He's a generational talent and is on pace for 55 goals. When was the last time one of those players got traded?

:laugh: happy New Years dude and please don’t operate a vehicle while you’re this drunk

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street

OEL < Rielly

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Pretty sure Crosby is a 50 goal scorer. Pretty sure Stamkos hit 60 goals. Pretty sure McDavid is a 40+ goal scorer. Talk to me when Matthews hits 50, let alone 60. Get out of here with the "best goal scoring centre in decades" crap.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Pretty sure Crosby is a 50 goal scorer. Pretty sure Stamkos hit 60 goals. Pretty sure McDavid is a 40+ goal scorer. Talk to me when Matthews hits 50, let alone 60. Get out of here with the "best goal scoring centre in decades" crap.
Crosby got 50 one time, when he got 51. To call him a 50 goal scorer is a bit disingenuous I feel

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Lol, great logic

"Rielly isnt a 1D" behind silly logic

Me: Disproves silly logic, Rielly is a 1D

"No he isnt"

You do realize 12 teams have 3gaa or above right? Its not a defining factor to any team. Rielly is a top 10 defenceman in the nhl. Prove me wrong with something other than a team stat.
He f***ers like man.

And you can't make a massive assertion then say 'prove ME wrong'.

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
You’re kind of closing the barn door after the horse bolted here. They already re-signed the other big contracts under the structure set by his overpayment. Trade Nylander, not the guy with with gift from god release that you can never replace.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
You’re kind of closing the barn door after the horse bolted here. They already re-signed the other big contracts under the structure set by his overpayment. Trade Nylander, not the guy with with gift from god release that you can never replace.

Or neither of them thanks.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Crosby got 50 one time, when he got 51. To call him a 50 goal scorer is a bit disingenuous I feel
Well sure, but Matthews has never hit that mark. Crosby is more or less a consistent 40+ goal scorer. How is Matthews a "once in a generation goal scoring centre"?

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I was Matthews and this teams harshest critic under Babcock. The players seem disinterested and wasting their talent. Since Keefe has taken over everyone’s really stepped up. AM looks like a man on a mission, Nylander is now going hard to the net and playing in the dirty areas and well Marner and JT being Marner and JT. Furthermore the team is playing better defensively and an interesting stat was put on the broadcast yesterday that since Nov 21st the TML have the best goal differential.

Hopefully he stays healthy and eclipses that 50 goal mark. The only players you would consider trading a player like AM are McJesus which we know would never happen.

Do we still have areas of concern, absolutely. I would love a solid Backup goalie, a team to take Ceci off our hands and obviously find a player like Hamonic or Savard to play beside Rielly. Lastly to get healthy, we have been hit with the injury bug and hopefully everybody makes a speedy and full recovery especially SOUP!

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Injuries are the only thing that has prevented him from 50. Matthew's is also on pace for over 50 goals and almost 100 points, how does that equal over paid when he's not even in his prime ? Your entitled to your opinions but that doesn't mean your right.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
He ****ers like man.

And you can't make a massive assertion then say 'prove ME wrong'.

The poster I was replying to was using the logic that a team cant have a 1d if their team gaa is over 3. I dont think I needed to defend much if things like that are being thrown out. Read how ridiculous his posts were.

What massive assertion did the poster make?

I'm pretty sure the entire point of my post went over his head. The user I was quoting was using the silly logic that Rielly wasnt a 1d because the leafs' gaa is above 3. Of all the reasons he could have picked to back that up, a team stat is probably near the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad