Its time for Daryl Sutter to be fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Ah. You weren't around when Marc Savard had an argument with the coach and was subsequently traded.

Coach was fired within a week or two. Marc Savard wound up being the #1 centre Iggy never got.

A bit before my time but I've heard the story a few times. Another dumbass decision by the Flames.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Treliving would just go on and hire Mike Yeo or someone of that quality. I'm fine with both of them gone

Treliving apparently had to do one hell of a song and dance to hire someone expensive in Peters at around 1.5 per. Ownership overrode Treliving and hired Sutter a 4 per. I don't understand how that works, but I've been saying before I don't think it's the GM/POHO fault for cheap coaches. I'm pretty sure ownership controls that.

I still think it's a mistake to lose Treliving, but until we see who is GM, it won't be super apparent.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Treliving apparently had to do one hell of a song and dance to hire someone expensive in Peters at around 1.5 per. Ownership overrode Treliving and hired Sutter a 4 per. I don't understand how that works, but I've been saying before I don't think it's the GM/POHO fault for cheap coaches. I'm pretty sure ownership controls that.

I still think it's a mistake to lose Treliving, but until we see who is GM, it won't be super apparent.
If team ownership decides Sutter is the hill to die on this team is only going to attract a 2nd rate wanna be GM,

I am starting to think that the original plan was for Maloney as POH and Conroy as GM, which would explain why they were rumored to have been extended the week before Treliving officially left. However, I think Conroy backed out at the last minute when he found out ownership had decreed Sutter had to stay as coach. It would explain why that news conference was so disjointed as they knew Treliving was going the week before so should have been prepared for it.

Reactions: Fig

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The 4 million Sutter contract is a sunk cost. If you bring in Mitch Love 2 years 1 million AAV then you only end up paying an additional million dollars annually.

That is minuscule compared to the 5 millionish in revenue for 1 playoff home game.

Glad someone in upper management finally took an economics class.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I thought he was bulletproof because he bbqd a coyote for Murray Edwards at his farm.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm surprised and shocked. I need a bit of time to understand what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad