It's time for Blashill to be Fired!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Here's some interesting stats.

Some of the teams that hired new coaches during this season and the new coaching staff's records.

Bruce Boudreau, Canucks - 29-13-8 (.660)
Jay Woodcroft, Oilers - 21-8-3 (.703)
Martin St. Louis, Canadiens - 12-15-4 (.452) - This is actually a massive improvement
Andrew Brunette, Panthers - 46-15-6 (.731)

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
And Dan Cleary in his prime would be a huge improvement over 2/3 of this forward roster.

Edit: I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a PTO, lol. I'd rather watch him play the last couple of games just to watch this board EXPLODE.
Sup Steve, ya need me?
635587506334301401-AP-NHL-Labor-Hockey-NYKW110.JPG

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
You take that back, Brent Gilchrist is a saint!
Sorry. I didn’t mean it as a slam. Just more that guys like Sam Gagner or Rasmussen or those third and fourth line guys would actually be positive assets for us if we had a legitimate middle part of our roster. Guys like Larkin, Seider, Raymond are top line guys. Not the best of the best, but they are very skilled. But after that, it's mediocrity all the way down.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Sorry. I didn’t mean it as a slam. Just more that guys like Sam Gagner or Rasmussen or those third and fourth line guys would actually be positive assets for us if we had a legitimate middle part of our roster. Guys like Larkin, Seider, Raymond are top line guys. Not the best of the best, but they are very skilled. But after that, it's mediocrity all the way down.

Mediocrity would be a vast improvement over the the current roster. Outside of the top line and Vrana, there's not a single forward that would make a playoff roster.

All of the players you mentioned played in the playoffs.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
OK, so the news is out, Larkin got surgery.

If there's a reason for Blash to get fired, it's for putting Larkin on the PK knowing that he's injured. That's terrible player/asset management.

I doubt this team wins another game this season, and it won't impact Stevie's decision on Blash. This team just went from a one line team to a no offense team. Suter as 1C, lol, they might as well try Raymond at center or Joey. Suter will get wrecked defensively and Joey doesn't have good offensive vision so the team is screwed either way.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

If there's a reason for Blash to get fired, it's for putting Larkin on the PK knowing that he's injured. That's terrible player/asset management.

I doubt this team wins another game this season, and it won't impact Stevie's decision on Blash. This team just went from a one line team to a no offense team. Suter as 1C, lol, they might as well try Raymond at center or Joey. Suter will get wrecked defensively and Joey doesn't have good offensive vision so the team is screwed either way.

Dekeyser might make a good option, seeing as how much Blash loves him.

• Love
Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Dekeyser might make a good option, seeing as how much Blash loves him.

Might as well, we're gonna see the Bla-Shell system for the rest of the season, he can run 9 defensemen on the roster and play 2F, 3D on each line. Lashoff will have to be called up as the 9th D.

Reactions: Oddbob

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Mediocrity would be a vast improvement over the the current roster. Outside of the top line and Vrana, there's not a single forward that would make a playoff roster.

All of the players you mentioned played in the playoffs.
I was saying a guy like Fabbri or Pius Suter. They'd be fine in the third line Gilchrist role where you just need him to be defensively responsible and make the other team work to get around him. But they are not second line, carry the play type of guys.

If you took the guys like prime Cleary, Gilchrist at his best, and Lilja and dropped them on this roster... we'd still be just as bad. We're essentially playing those level of players on our second line and as our second, third, fourth, and fifth defensemen.

The earlier era guys were on a playoff roster because the players at the top of that roster were so f***ing good. Blink the Russian Five out of existence, move everyone up a line and put in cloned versions of the guys I mentioned. The Wings would not have been the prohibitive Cup favorites

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

If a guy is cleared to play, you play him. I think Larkin might have kicked Blash in the dick while wearing his skate if he tried sitting him.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If a guy is cleared to play, you play him. I think Larkin might have kicked Blash in the dick while wearing his skate if he tried sitting him.
Not on the PK when that's not his regular role.

It's questionable use of scoring talent even when Bert and Larkin are healthy, absolutely stupid when he's already playing injured.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I was saying a guy like Fabbri or Pius Suter. They'd be fine in the third line Gilchrist role where you just need him to be defensively responsible and make the other team work to get around him. But they are not second line, carry the play type of guys.

If you took the guys like prime Cleary, Gilchrist at his best, and Lilja and dropped them on this roster... we'd still be just as bad. We're essentially playing those level of players on our second line and as our second, third, fourth, and fifth defensemen.

The earlier era guys were on a playoff roster because the players at the top of that roster were so f***ing good. Blink the Russian Five out of existence, move everyone up a line and put in cloned versions of the guys I mentioned. The Wings would not have been the prohibitive Cup favorites
Suter wouldn't make a playoff roster in any capacity. Not good enough defensively and not built for the playoffs physically. Just watch the TDL next season when nobody offers up even a 7th round pick for him.

Fabbri would probably make a playoff roster, he actually has experience but that was before his first knee injury. Regardless, he's not currently on the roster.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Now that another a shit season is over, I am fully expecting and demanding that the worst coach in in NHL and somehow 2nd longest tenured with his team be fired.

Reactions: WF19

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I’m not sure we are even getting rid of him after this season. Yzerman gave him a contract that includes next year I believe. He has his master plan and will stubbornly stick to it. I just hope that by picking his coach over his players he doesn’t lose them. I think he’s lost a couple of players already like Bert.
Care to elaborate on your Bertuzzi point? He has not demonstrated lack of drive or inspiration on the ice. For all I know he hates Blashill but it does not show.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Not posted anywhere but NHL.com says Yzerman announces Blashill,Houda and the goalie coach are out for next season. Feels like we just won a lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad